Cheer Squad is back

Remove this Banner Ad

Was impressed with the size of the Cheer Squad at the game. Another vote for the arrows when opposition lining up for goal. One shot in particular (nathan gordon), the arrows were going ballistic and he sprayed it out on the full. Lots of laughs on level 3.

Well done. Look forward to hearing some new chants in the future.

Also liked the big flag being waved in front of the banner as the players ran out.

I was discussing the old suburban tribalism and free-flowing standing-room terraces with friends on the weekend. I miss all that, along with the cheers squad banners that used to be draped over the fence all round the ground, saying things liked "Our fantastic ferocious high-flying Footscray" ... it's space that's now reserved for advertisers and the corporations that run the game.

In the absence of the slogans across the awnings, what about a soccer-style pre-match tifo? (Though on reflection, the Banners sort of serve the same purpose)

Nevertheless, I put this together quickly:
Footscray%20Tifo%20Idea.png

Why isn't the big flag there during the game?

I think there are restrictions imposed on the size of banners and flags that can be used during games (not sure if they're imposed by the league or by the venue, suspect it's the latter) as they claim to be blocking the vision of spectators. Same reason why umbrellas can't be used at the MCG.

H

How come the doggies cheer squad has got so big?? Is because they got rid of that bloke been there for ever ?

They didn't get rid of anyone, they just made an overhaul and rejuvenated it. Anyone was free to re commit to it and so far it looks like its working.

H

How come the doggies cheer squad has got so big?? Is because they got rid of that bloke been there for ever ?
Because the cheer squad was free this year.

Just an Update on the Cheer Squad I was informed that and People will Know the Squad Reached Capacity a few months ago with 500 Members there is actually a Waiting List for Next Season if you can believe that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an Update on the Cheer Squad I was informed that and People will Know the Squad Reached Capacity a few months ago with 500 Members there is actually a Waiting List for Next Season if you can believe that
It's so good , looks like we have supporters, you can hear support behind the goals on the tv, it's the best idea ever. Go doggies

We'll Be Coming.
We'll Be Coming.
We'll Be Coming Down The Road.
When You Hear The Noise
From The Footscray Bulldog Boys
We'll Be Coming Down The Road.

We need 'The March Of The Bulldogs' to happen. Pre game rally at Whitten Oval, train and march to the game.

Flags and banners, marching band. 1000 actual bulldogs on leashes in the van guard. Williamstown RSL Pipe Band.

But it will be waved right after a goal then put down again. Sitting in the cheer squad your view would be blocked from banners anyways. Seems odd if true.

There was a story on the AFL Fans Association page stating why a long time Geelong cheer squad member was banned from waving his banner. A lot of OH&S crap really.

CS chants should be short and sweet.

like the gems from the Hawthorn CS.

Breust there it is

All you need is Rough.

Doggy Doggy Doggy
Woof Woof Woof would be a nice place to start.

CS chants should be short and sweet.

like the gems from the Hawthorn CS.

Breust there it is

All you need is Rough.

Doggy Doggy Doggy
Woof Woof Woof would be a nice place to start.
Dahlhaus, in the middle of our street.
Surely a contender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheer Squad is back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back