cheer up Pies fans... the team's better off w/o Rocca.

Remove this Banner Ad

quinnstar

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2007
Bondi
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Parra Eels
The big ape's riding on the teams coat tails. He's not as menacing as he once was. His accuracy's pretty ordinary and very slow.

Pies are a lot less predictable when Rocca's not in the team and the accuracy's a lot better from the likes of Davis, Thomas, Didak.

I'm sure you'll do a number on the Hawks.:thumbsu:

But we wont be as pretty.

image029.jpg

The big ape's riding on the teams coat tails. He's not as menacing as he once was. His accuracy's pretty ordinary and very slow.

Pies are a lot less predictable when Rocca's not in the team and the accuracy's a lot better from the likes of Davis, Thomas, Didak.

i was expecting some smart-ass comment from this topic but im very pleasantly surprised :thumbsu:

thanks for your support and confidence mate:)

Rocca would be top 5 in our best and fairest easily. If you actually watch the games you'll see that even when he has had an off day in terms of kicking goals he is vital in creating a contest and maintaining defensive pressure (he is in the top few forwards for 1 percenters in the forward 50), if you don't believe this (this also goes out to some idiot Collingwood supporters who think he's useless just because he's not John ****ing Coleman, i.e. some idiot who rang up on SEN). He has had one bad game, the game vs. Melbourne. He has bridged the gap between his best and worst by a long way this year.

Rocca would be top 5 in our best and fairest easily. If you actually watch the games you'll see that even when he has had an off day in terms of kicking goals he is vital in creating a contest and maintaining defensive pressure (he is in the top few forwards for 1 percenters in the forward 50), if you don't believe this (this also goes out to some idiot Collingwood supporters who think he's useless just because he's not John ****ing Coleman, i.e. some idiot who rang up on SEN). He has had one bad game, the game vs. Melbourne. He has bridged the gap between his best and worst by a long way this year.

Notice knowone else is taking this seriously?

All joking aside, who will play FF when Rocca retires?

Ah, you'll get Pav in trade week.

All I can see Collingwood would be upset about Rocca getting the boot for 2 is that he will not be occupying a key defender. He has been a purple patch player at best this year.

Unfortunately Rocca is not alone in the useless (harsh I know) KPCHF boat at the moment. It seems that most CHF's at the moment are struggling appart from a select few. I wonder why that is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leo Barry echoes your sentiments

Rocca's goals aren't important, it's the contest he provides inside 50 that are crucial...he has taken 10 more contested marks than anyone in the AFL this season

these are the games where Rocca was kept goalless this season: Kangaroos (WIN), Adelaide (WIN), Brisbane (WIN) and Melbourne (13pt LOSS)

may not be all doom and gloom this week if we can still create contests inside 50

Spot on. He is vital to our forward line. Even when not kicking goals, he creates plenty, has plenty of assists, creates a contest by crashing the packs, bringing the ball down.. and as you said forward pressure. He is a presence. We will miss him a lot.

Notice knowone else is taking this seriously?

All joking aside, who will play FF when Rocca retires?

Either Rusling, Reid or possibly Dawes. Dawes is more of a CHF, but I think Cloke has made that his own. But we have a few up and coming key forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

cheer up Pies fans... the team's better off w/o Rocca.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back