Teams Chicago Bears - Monsters of the Midway

Remove this Banner Ad

Short of maybe Bo Nix, Caleb looks easily the best QB of the lot so far in pre-season (as we knew). Footwork, confidence and has a serious arm on him. That analysis video is a great watch. Exciting times for you lot.

Interesting you say Nix, not really the thread for this discussion but here we go anyway, wasn't that impressed, he just looks clunky, whether its his feet not ever being set correctly when he throws (wide base/narrow base) , lack of trust in the pocket (back pedalling and drifting constantly not stepping up in it) or the ball coming out his hand like a duck on the run. Thought McCarthy was much more polished and impressive. Clearly Williams and JJ the best to my eye this weekend.

Maybe Nix can be one of those ugly looking QBs who just gets it done though. Been a few of them in past.

Interesting you say Nix, not really the thread for this discussion but here we go anyway, wasn't that impressed, he just looks clunky, whether its his feet not ever being set correctly when he throws (wide base/narrow base) , lack of trust in the pocket (back pedalling and drifting constantly not stepping up in it) or the ball coming out his hand like a duck on the run. Thought McCarthy was much more polished and impressive. Clearly Williams and JJ the best to my eye this weekend.

Maybe Nix can be one of those ugly looking QBs who just gets it done though. Been a few of them in past.
No expert , but I was impressed with admittedly only brief highlights I watched of Mc Carthy. I’ll also admit of all the top QB taken he’s the one I had the most doubt about so this bodes well for him

Yeah agree McCarthy was really impressive. Add him to my two above. Dime after dime, even when people said he couldn't throw at Michigan...

Think Nix was more surprising for me really. Showed an ability to make plays when he had to, decent set of wheels and released the ball pretty quick in most cases with some solid throws. I think his pocket presence was a knock on him pre-draft, probably something coaching can improve over time. I also just spent the last couple of days combing through the Eagles game and suffering with Kenny Pickett footage so...

Yeah agree McCarthy was really impressive. Add him to my two above. Dime after dime, even when people said he couldn't throw at Michigan...

Think Nix was more surprising for me really. Showed an ability to make plays when he had to, decent set of wheels and released the ball pretty quick in most cases with some solid throws. I think his pocket presence was a knock on him pre-draft, probably something coaching can improve over time. I also just spent the last couple of days combing through the Eagles game and suffering with Kenny Pickett footage so...
Interesting discussion about Nix for me as I’m an Oregon fan also , and I was almost convinced that while he had solid mechanics and was smart, he wouldn’t have the athleticism to be an NFL success.
This also bodes well for him 🙂↔️

Interesting discussion about Nix for me as I’m an Oregon fan also , and I was almost convinced that while he had solid mechanics and was smart, he wouldn’t have the athleticism to be an NFL success.
This also bodes well for him 🙂↔️

Haha off topic I know - I'll never forget the absolute dominance Oregon's Marcus Mariota had over literally the entire college game. And the best video on the internet:

With a ton of media hype about the new names in Chicago, I wonder what the expectations are internally for coach Flus.
He showed last season that he’s a very competent defensive coach after the Williams disaster, but I still have my doubts about running the whole show.
While he probably won’t need to win the division he’d certainly need a winning record to survive you’d think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Chicago Bears - Monsters of the Midway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back