Teams Chicago Bears - Monsters of the Midway

Remove this Banner Ad

That second half was brutal, that line is going to get him killed. Thought he was much better this week than last week, made some decent on time throws when he actually got some protection

That second half was brutal, that line is going to get him killed. Thought he was much better this week than last week, made some decent on time throws when he actually got some protection
Agree. Them teaching him to throw quickly helped him out. He needs to cut out the scrambling around left and right stuff...instead, be more like bolt downfield vertically recognizing man coverage.

Chicago is where QB’s come to die. Freakin hell… is this curse ever going to end?

Diabolical OL play and a limp running game isn’t helping Caleb much. But still, I have to say his ball accuracy is concerning at times.

I don’t see the generational player just yet. An off platform accurate throw here and there ain’t going to cut it.

Early call, but the Swift recruitment looks like a bust. Getting found out behind a shit O line. Don’t know why we didn’t just go with Herbert as our no.1? He always seems to put up good numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will say one thing tho, Calen throws a very good ball, hes a much better pure passer than Fields was/is. Williams just needs to get that hero ball out of him. He aint Kyler Murray, who is incredibly hard to get a handle on because hes so nimble. Hes more of a big bodied scrambler, and should focus on just occasionally (like Rodgers used to do) take off down the middle.

Early call, but the Swift recruitment looks like a bust. Getting found out behind a shit O line. Don’t know why we didn’t just go with Herbert as our no.1? He always seems to put up good numbers.
March 12th:

Swift has played behind elite OL's his whole career, interested to see how this works out now he isnt (currently, that could change by the end of the offseason with the draft) Hopefully more successful than it was for the Panthers and Miles Sanders.

Do agree re: Herbert and even Roschon, dont think there was much difference between Herbert and Swift in terms of running the ball (Swift obviously the better pass catcher). Herbert may even be more suited to playing with a bad oline because hes a bit bigger through the hips and legs, doesnt go down as easy as Swift who is more a see a hole and burst through the gap type of back which is no good if the gaps arent there and you need tough yards.

Last edited:
I will say one thing tho, Calen throws a very good ball, hes a much better pure passer than Fields was/is. Williams just needs to get that hero ball out of him. He aint Kyler Murray, who is incredibly hard to get a handle on because hes so nimble. Hes more of a big bodied scrambler, and should focus on just occasionally (like Rodgers used to do) take off down the middle.
Agree with this, and Rodgers is a good comp on how lively his arm is and how he should scramble.

Came on here to say exactly this.

No one can succeed with the turnstiles in front of him.
Both QBs threw a touchdown each and the Texans were just better offensively.
Our D again gave us some hope and I’m not devo just yet.
I am perplexed that Poles who was an offensive linesman himself either can’t see or has faith in the trash that’s supposed to be helping his prize asset

March 12th:

Do agree re: Herbert and even Roschon, dont think there was much difference between Herbert and Swift in terms of running the ball (Swift obviously the better pass catcher). Herbert may even be more suited to playing with a bad oline because hes a bit bigger through the hips and legs, doesnt go down as easy as Swift who is more a see a hole and burst through the gap type of back which is no good if the gaps arent there and you need tough yards.
I’d let the more physical Johnson have the ball more. Hes used pretty sparingly.
I still don’t know why we just didn’t pay Monty what he wanted at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Chicago Bears - Monsters of the Midway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back