Werewolf Choose Your Own Werewolf

Remove this Banner Ad

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Are you sick of being a Villager in these games? Or worse yet, have you been the Fake Seer (aka Campaigner Face) one too many times? Or perhaps worst of all, have you been the Village Idiot and basically been wasting your goddamned precious time? Then I warmly welcome you to:

CYOA.jpg
Choose Your Own Werewolf!

Rather than being randomly assigned a role, you actually get to choose the role you want (see Post #2 for details). You might choose to be the head of the Mafia, or an unaligned Serial Killer. You could choose to be a force for good ike the Doctor, or maybe a Manipulative Wolf. If you’re a sucker for punishment, you might even choose to be the Jester.

Whatever your choice, you need to make it before 6pm on Sunday …

BASIC RULES:
Roles will be assigned to all players based on what they choose (. Roles will be communicated before the start of Night 1 via PM (Private Message) to all players, including Villagers.

Villagers must identify and kill all Mafia, Werewolves and and of the following Neutral players that are in the game (Serial Killer, Arsonist, Cult Leader, Cult Members) before those players can kill enough players to satisfy their own win condition.

Each day will consist of two phases, starting with Night 1 on Sunday 16th May:

Night phase (9pm – 8am AEDT)
Players with night actions will nominate the targets of these actions via PM during this phase. These actions must be bolded and clearly stated to be valid. Actions will not be accepted after 8am whether or not deadline has been announced in the game thread.

Day phase (8am – 9pm AEDT)
After the results of night actions have been announced, all players will publicly vote to lynch one player during this phase. Votes will not be accepted after 9pm whether or not deadline has been announced in the game thread.

The player with the most votes by the time of the deadline will be lynched and their role revealed in the game thread. In the event of a tied lynch, there will be a multi-lynch i.e. all the leading vote-getters will be lynched.

VOTING

Votes must be in the game thread and must bold the player being voted. Tagging the moderator is optional, but is quite helpful for tracking votes. You do not have to provide a reason for your vote for it to be valid.

FAILURE TO VOTE IN ANY DAY PHASE WILL RESULT IN A MODKILL

OTHER REASONS FOR MODKILLS
  • Failing to nominate a night action on TWO separate Night phases
  • Any communication about this particular game of Werewolf outside of the game thread, except for those that have an allocated PM group
  • Any deleting or editing posts from the game thread
  • Posting screenshots of BigFooty of any kind in the game thread
  • Directly quoting any PMs from myself as the game moderator in the game thread

RULES FOR CHOOSING YOUR ROLE

Rather than roles being randomly assigned, you will be able to choose any of the below roles. However, there are some rules around your choices:
  1. Do NOT try to reply to this thread. Make your choice by PMing me
  2. Only one person can be each of the listed roles
  3. If you choose a role that someone else has already chosen, you will be a Villager
  4. The only exception to that is Flogs, where there can be up to 3 Flogs
  5. The number of evil roles is capped at 1/3rd of the total number of players (rounded down)
  6. The number of roles in each evil faction is capped at half the total number of evil players (rounded up) plus 1
  7. The number of neutral roles is capped at 1 per 15 total players (or part thereof)
  8. If you choose a role that exceeds those caps, you will be a Villager
  9. Your choice must be submitted by 6pm on Sunday 16th May
So if there are ...… then the max # of evil roles is:… then the max # of either evil faction roles is:… then the max # of neutral roles is:
29 players9 (i.e. 29 divided by 3)6 (i.e. 9 divided by 2 plus 1)2
30 players10 (i.e. 30 divided by 3)6 (i.e. 10 divided by 2 plus 1)2
31 players10 (i.e. 31 divided by 3)6 (i.e. 10 divided by 2 plus 1)3

POTENTIAL ROLE LIST

Mafia Roles
(get a factional kill each Night Phase that cannot be Roleblocked)
  • Godfather - Night immune to kills; Seers as if they are a Villager; Gets one seer each Night Phase
  • Mafioso - Unable to be lynched; Takes over as Godfather if Godfather is killed (or not chosen as a role)
  • Roleblocker - Blocks another player's action each Night Phase (cannot target the same player in consecutive Night Phases)
  • Intimidator - Forces a player to only post in a certain way during the next Day Phase, but targeted player can still vote (Intimidation will need to be fair, at the moderator’s discretion)
  • Blackmailer - Forces a player to vote for a certain other player in the next Day Phase
  • Goon - No powers, but part of the Mafia faction
  • Usurper - No powers, but has the additional win condition that the Godfather must be dead before the end of the game; Known to rest of Mafia as a Goon, but seers as Usurper
WIN CONDITION - Eliminate all Werewolves (if there are any), Serial Killer (if there is one), Arsonist (if there is one) and Vampires (if there are any) and equal or outnumber the Village.

Werewolves Roles
(get a factional kill each Night Phase that cannot be Roleblocked)
  • Alpha Wolf - Night immune to kills; Seers as if they are a Villager; Gets one seer each Night Phase
  • Beta Wolf - Unable to be lynched; Takes over as Alpha Werewolf if Alpha Werewolf is killed (or not chosen as a role)
  • Werecub - No powers, but the Werewolves get an extra kill in the Night Phase following their death (that cannot be Roleblocked)
  • Manipulative Wolf - Secretly changes someone's vote in the next Day Phase to a player of their choosing
  • Mama Wolf - Can protect a player from kill actions each Night Phase (cannot target the same player in consecutive Night Phases)
  • Wolf - No powers, but part of the Werewolves faction
  • Lone Wolf - No powers; Is not in the Werewolves PM, but shares their win condition; Knows the identities of the Werewolves, but they don't know the Lone Wolf's identity
WIN CONDITION - Eliminate all Mafia (if there are any), Serial Killer (if there is one), Arsonist (if there is one) and Vampires (if there are any) and equal or outnumber the Village.

Neutral Roles
  • Serial Killer - Night immune to kills; Seers as if they are a Villager; Gets one kill each Night Phase
WIN CONDITION - Make it to the final 5 players. If the Arsonist also makes it to the final 5 players, they share the victory.
  • Arsonist - Night immune to kills; Seers as if they are a Villager; Can douse OR ignite all doused players each Night Phase; Night Immune and Protected players do not ignite (but stay doused)
WIN CONDITION - Make it to the final 5 players. If the Serial Killer also makes it to the final 5 players, they share the victory.
  • Head Vampire - Seers as if they are a Villager; Can recruit (up to 3 more Vampires) OR kill each Night Phase; Recruited Vampires retain their night actions, but their win condition changes to the Vampire’s win condition; Once the Head Vampire is killed, the Vampires can no longer recruit, but can still kill one player each Night Phase
WIN CONDITION - Eliminate or recruit all Mafia (if there are any), Werewolves (if there are any), Serial Killer (if there is one), Arsonist (if there is one) and equal or outnumber the Village.
  • Jester - No powers; Seers as if they are a villager
WIN CONDITION - Must die by lynch (although the game will continue).

Good Roles (Village)
  • Jack Of All Trades - Can either Kill, Protect, Roleblock or Seer a player each Night Phase (can't use the same action on consecutive nights)
  • Town Drunk - MUST target someone each night, but their target will be randomly targeted with either a Kill, Protect, Roleblock or Seer action
  • Vigilante - Can kill a player each Night Phase
  • Doctor - Can protect a player from kill actions each Night Phase (cannot target the same player in consecutive Night Phases)
  • Nurse - Replaces the Doctor if the Doctor is killed (cannot target the same player in consecutive Night Phases)
  • Bodyguard - Choose a player to protect each night; If that player is targeted with a kill action, Bodyguard dies instead and so does the person who targeted them (or the lowest rung of the faction who targeted them, excluding any Night Immune or protected roles) (cannot target the same player in consecutive Night Phases)
  • Seer - Can seer a player each Night Phase; Always gets the correct result (except for those stipulated otherwise)
  • Watcher - Chooses a player each Night Phase and is told who targeted their chosen player with a Night Phase action (if anyone), but not what the action was
  • Tracker - Chooses a player each Night Phase and is told who the chosen player targeted with a Night Phase action (if anyone), but not what the action was
  • Follower - Chooses a player each Night Phase and is told what Night Phase action the chosen player took (if any), but not who they targeted
  • Voyeur - Chooses a player each Night Phase and is told what Night Phase actions were actioned against them (if any), but not who targeted them
  • Bus Driver - Chooses two players to switch at night, so any actions targeted on one player will instead be targeted at the other (and vice versa)
  • Bomb - If killed overnight, the person who killed them (or the lowest rung of the faction who killed them, excluding any Night Immune or protected roles) dies as well
  • Sniper - Gets a one-off Day kill
  • Mayor - Their lynch vote each Day Phase is worth two votes
  • Local Celebrity - Due to their popularity, starts each Day Phase with minus one (-1) lynch votes
  • Saint - If lynched, the first person to have voted for them in that Day Phase also dies
  • Flog - Shares a PM with the other Flogs (max of 3); Flogs share a choice of a one-off kill OR a one-off protection OR a one-off seer in a Night Phase
  • Villager - Has no powers, but feel free to choose it if you want
WIN CONDITION - Kill all Mafia (if there are any), Werewolves (if there are any) Serial Killer (if there is one), Arsonist (if there is one) and Vampires (if there are any) before any of them reach their own win condition.

Last edited:
PLAYER LIST (Alphabetical)
  1. Barrybran (Died Night 1)
  2. ChappyUK
  3. Chipmunk (Died Night 1)
  4. croweater 41
  5. dank420_ (Dead Night 5)
  6. Dero (Died Day 1)
  7. Dingster
  8. DockerDen5215 (Died Day 2)
  9. dogs105
  10. Elton Johns Wig (Died Night 2)
  11. eth-dog
  12. Grand Uncle Horace
  13. Hatchy1992
  14. I Dont Care (Died Day 3)
  15. Itsmyshow
  16. jmoo wan (Died Night 3)
  17. MannumPower
  18. Mister M
  19. MWPP
  20. NaturalDisaster (Died Night 2)
  21. omgfridge (Died Night 2)
  22. PMBangers (Dead Day 4)
  23. por_please_ya
  24. SM (Dead Night 5)
  25. Smeg Head
  26. The Filth Wizard (Died Day 1)
  27. The Half Back (Dead Day 4)
  28. ZergMinion (Died Night 3)
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS

PhasePlayer KilledRoleKilled By
Night 1ChipmunkLone Wolf (Werewolves)Mafia
BarrybranVillager / DousedWerewolves
Day 1DeroVillagerLynched
The Filth WizardVillagerModkilled
Night 2omgfridgeVillager / VampireMafia
NaturalDisasterSniper (Village)Werewolves
Elton Johns WigNurse (Village)Town Drunk
Day 2DockerDen5215Bomb (Village)Lynched
Night 3ZergMinionVillagerMafia
jmoo wanUsurper (Mafia)Werewolves & Flogs
Day 3I Dont CareVillagerLynched
Night 4NilN/AN/A
Day 4The Half BackVillagerLynched & Modkilled
PMBangersVillagerModkilled
Night 5SMGoonWerewolves
dank420_VillagerVampires
Day 5??

Last edited:

= = = =

MESSAGE FROM THE GAME MODERATOR:

There's just over 24 hours until the Choose Your Own Werewolf part of the game ends (i.e. 6pm AEST tomorrow) and there are still plenty of roles to go around. I'd love to get a few more players in to make things really chaotic! Check the 2nd post for details on how to choose your own role - don't just reply IN to this thread (as it will be locked until the game starts).

Also, please note that there has been some clarifications to some of the roles (highlighted in red text). If this makes you want to change the role you chose, you can update it to any other role (via PM to MC Bad Genius), but all the rules in Post 2 will still apply.

Agent93
Barrybran
BigJoeD_
boncer34
brahj
ChappyUK
Chipmunk
croweater 41
DapperJong
Deaneus!
DemonJim
Dennis Confetti
Dero
Dingster
DockerDen5215
dogs105
Drunkgoliath
EagleOz
eth-dog
EskimoPAFC
Elton Johns Wig
Far Kern
FR0GGY
Frankston Rover
Genghis Tron
Golumless
GremioPower
gym4life
harry000
Hatchy1992
HawkAussie
Hoos
HumanMeatball
I bleed Blue
I Dont Care
Itsmyshow
jmoo wan
JT_the_Man
Le Grille
kdavva74
manangatang
MannumPower
MC Bad Genius
Michaels
mike123
Millky95
Mister M
Mooch
Morganashlee
MWPP
NaturalDisaster
NinjaSwan
Noobz0r
Nunez
omgfridge
Paddles_
pantskyle
Papa Juggs
Pie 4 Life
PMBangers
por_please_ya
Proper Gander
Quivorir
raskolnikov
Red mist
Rodney Dangerfield
RU_
SarahSmiles
sausageroll
SM
Smeg Head
Stevi_Tigers
Tarkyn_24
The Half Back
The Filth Wizard
tigland
U2tigers
ZergMinion

Last edited:
The game has begun and it is now Night 1. There are 28 players (see the updated Player List in Post #3) and everyone knows their role. If you didn't get a PM with your role, please contact me asap! And speaking of roles, there are 15 unique roles that you have chosen in this game.

Please note that if your miss a lynch vote, you will be modkilled.

Barrybran
ChappyUK
Chipmunk
croweater 41
dank420_

The game has begun and it is now Night 1. There are 28 players (see the updated Player List in Post #3) and everyone knows their role. If you didn't get a PM with your role, please contact me asap! And speaking of roles, there are 15 unique roles that you have chosen in this game.

Dero
Dingster
DockerDen5215
dogs105
Elton Johns Wig

eth-dog
Grand Uncle Horace
Hatchy1992
I Dont Care
Itsmyshow

jmoo wan
MannumPower
Mister M
MWPP
NaturalDisaster

omgfridge
PMBangers
por_please_ya
SM
Smeg Head

The Filth Wizard
The Half Back
ZergMinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd be funny if we all asked for the same role so there's like, one Goon and 90 villagers.
I was thinking this. Because there wasn't an option to have a back up role if you didn't get your first. Will be interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Werewolf Choose Your Own Werewolf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back