ExTasDeeMan

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
NYC
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Demons
Good to see the junior johnson getting a game (if he does get the nod of course).

Have seen a little bit of him and he looks to be a goer!

Looking forward to seeing him in action.

He could do with some extra bulk but his left foot is absolutely DEADLY. And he's not bad off his right too.

Will be a good player, Saturday will be his first of 150+ games!

Exceptionally talented youth. Melb got a great father/son with this lad.
Very injury prone as a youngster(breaks) and still able to catch a lot of attention. I for one will barrack for Johnno and wish him well.

southjoy said:
Exceptionally talented youth. Melb got a great father/son with this lad.
Very injury prone as a youngster(breaks) and still able to catch a lot of attention. I for one will barrack for Johnno and wish him well.

Great post, can you tell us what type of footballer he was as a junior?

Heard alot about this kid.

Was touted as a top 10 player if he wasnt a father son chance.

Will be watching with intent.

Was an admirer of his old man, the courage he had for his size was incredible, impeccable skills too. The old "wish we had him" line used to get trotted out a bit when think of A.Johnson.

Good luck with him under the f/s, it's always a good feeling whenever a son steps up into the old mans side. (only not to much good luck for this round though just the same). ;)

Demonheart said:
Great post, can you tell us what type of footballer he was as a junior?

Just a great kid who gained so much respect from his teammates . He was a ball magnet, who moved around the park extremely smartly.

Good motor with enough speed to count. Great positioning and a very good mark. Fearless and hence some breaks to his collarbone and other places.
A beautiful, long left foot a bit similiar to Buddy franklin. Very smart footballer who if his body matures and holds up will be a very good footballer.

F/D said:
Heard alot about this kid.

Was touted as a top 10 player if he wasnt a father son chance.

Will be watching with intent.
He was being touted as a potential #1 before his shoulder injuries kicked in (i.e when he was about 15-16).

But I'm not expecting much from him tomorrow. Maybe 5-10 possessions in limited game time so he can get a feel of AFL footy, and then back to Sandy next week. :)

Just a great kid who gained so much respect from his teammates . He was a ball magnet, who moved around the park extremely smartly.

Good motor with enough speed to count. Great positioning and a very good mark. Fearless and hence some breaks to his collarbone and other places.
A beautiful, long left foot a bit similiar to Buddy franklin. Very smart footballer who if his body matures and holds up will be a very good footballer.

What respect? :D

To answer my last post on this thread (no one else did, how rude!!!), Chris was up forward for a bit and did bugger all for the whole game. He was also reported and I think suspended even for a week or 2.

Also, oh dear at Sylvia Saint's comments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should have played tonight. Surely he'd have been the next defender in line for the Bradshaw matchup.

Do you reckon I should edit the title with a disclaimer saying "Note: old, bumped thread" ?

I feel that many a fan could have a heart attack thinking that Johnson has returned.

He was being touted as a potential #1 before his shoulder injuries kicked in (i.e when he was about 15-16).

But I'm not expecting much from him tomorrow. Maybe 5-10 possessions in limited game time so he can get a feel of AFL footy, and then back to Sandy next week. :)

Quoted for amusement.

Potential #1 pick? Maybe in Colin Wisbey's eyes :D

He should have played tonight. Surely he'd have been the next defender in line for the Bradshaw matchup.

Do you reckon I should edit the title with a disclaimer saying "Note: old, bumped thread" ?

I feel that many a fan could have a heart attack thinking that Johnson has returned.

Maybe, my heart only just kicked back into a normal rhythm after reading it :p

Yeah, MM almost made me turn blue with that particular thread bump! I'm breathing again now... ;)

C.Johnson = Soft.

No defensive pressure or accountability for his opponent.
Apart from his good foot skills he will be well known at the Bues for playing for the Bullants.

butter_spreads_extrasoft.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Johnson in!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back