Chris Judd leaving WCE: OFFICIAL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what west coast needs

• A proper sized Centre Half back besides hunter, who is brilliant but would be great up fwd...and is undersized for CHB
  • A tagger...Stenglein and Selwood are good but we need a rotten scragging yes illegal tagger to scrag like every other club has.....and get away with it
  • a running half back flanker as Wirra and Chick arent far off leaving
we must fill a need...we actually can still win games without Judd in the middle...its a team game

Multi-club deal.

The tagger is available - Melbourne's Simon Godfrey - that's the place to start.
Could the HBF option be open with Adam McPhee from Essendon?
CHB is harder..but, perhaps Adelaide's Ken McGregor could fill that need.

Godfrey got delisted, McGregor is unsigned. Hmmm.

juddcarltondb0.jpg
juddytiger.jpg

he doesnt like telstra dome...he will go with an MCG tennant club.....Pies would be favorites.....then Hawks second...then melbourne I think....

Re: Judd turns back on Eagles

pick 3, 20 + josh Kennedy.

don't normally predict, but that's a fair package.

As a Carlton supporter i'd be very willing to settle for this deal. Kennedy, at the moment, could be anything, and i believe in time he will become a serviceable player and live up to his hype of being selected at pick 4. Additionally, whilst it's obvious that picks 3 and 20 may not be adequate compensation for the loss of Judd, nor is it certain that the players selected with such picks will necessarily step up and match his talent, i think that compared to most other clubs this deal could be the best offer the Eagles could get. Heck, if the Eagles wanted the deal to be stepped up i'd even throw in another pick or perhaps a player such as Bentick.

But despite the fact that Judd is an absolute superstar, i'd be unwilling to make the trade at the expense of either pick 1 or Fev, as both, especially the latter, are too valuable in terms of the future of the club. Without Fev there are no decent forward options apart from Fisher and maybe Waite, so to lose the great man would be only be detrimental in the development of a successful list. With Murph, Gibbs, Simpson, Carrazzo, Scotland, Stevens, and Walker already forming the nucleus of the Carlton midfield, it is starting to look quite decent, and so i'd much rather keep Fev than add to an already decent midfield and compromise our forward options.

All in all i'd love to see Judd at Carlton next year, but if that didn't come to fruition i'd much rather, as an impartial football supporter, see Judd stay with the Eagles. There's nothing worse than having to see a champion player such as Judd leave and play for another club. Chin up WCE supporters. :thumbsu::)

Any chance for this trade?
Blues:
lose- pick 3 and Fev
gain- Judd

WCE:
lose- Judd, Hansen, pick 13
gain- Ray, pick 3 and 5, Fev

Dogs:
lose- Ray, pick 5
gain- Hansen and pick 13

To get the best you have to be prepared to give away your best. Hes the best player at west coast and in the league and they won't accept an average player for him. Basically any club putting their hand up for him will have to be willing to part with their best player. The eagles aren't stupid.

Eagles die on that one.

Change Ray to Griffen or Everitt and it's a different story.

Alot of eagles fans say they would be happy with Judd for pick.3 and Fev.

So that really means we are trading Hansen and pick 13 for pick.5 and Ray, pretty good if you ask me.

To get the best you have to be prepared to give away your best. Hes the best player at west coast and in the league and they won't accept an average player for him. Basically any club putting their hand up for him will have to be willing to part with their best player. The eagles aren't stupid.

The eagles aren't stupid you are. By your logic Essendon would have to give up Lloyd or Fletcher? Hawthorn- Buddy Franklin or Hodge? Picks 1 and 3 would almost certainly get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is that he is leaving no matter what.

If the Eagles 'aren't stupid' as you say they will end up being very stupid and Judd will nominate for PSD and WC will get nothing.

It will not be offering your best player, it will be the case of which club offers the most for him.

This is what i see realistically happening

If carlton were to get Judd they would have to either trade both picks 1 and 3 or picks 3 a young gun and 2nd round pick

If richmond were to get Judd it would only be through PSD

If collingwood were to get Judd then WC would be crippled as Collingwood have no bargaining power what so ever unless they trade Pendlebury or Cloke which is very unlikely.

Essendon as well have no bargaining power and really have no chance of getting him anyway.

The way i see it is Judd wants to play for a club where he can get high media attention and payed well, this is why Carlton and Collingwood seem the likely suitors for him. but becuase Collingwood have no bargaining power it seems unlikely for a trade to be done. If Judd choices carlton then thats where he will be in 2008 no questions if he chooses Collingwood then Richmond will have a small chance of getting Judd if a trade falls through. In conclusion i can really only see Judd in the navyblue, white and black or the yellow and black.

The eagles aren't stupid you are. By your logic Essendon would have to give up Lloyd or Fletcher? Hawthorn- Buddy Franklin or Hodge? Picks 1 and 3 would almost certainly get him.

I'm stupid am I. So West Coast will accept a second tier player and a top ten draft pick. I don't think so. A draft pick is no certainty and Judd is widely regarded as the best player since Carey. Lloyd or Fletcher are both late 20's early thirties, Judd turned 24 last week. Franklin would be the only player in the league West Coast would consider as a straight swap. Llyod or Fletcher don't make me laugh.

This is what i see realistically happening

If carlton were to get Judd they would have to either trade both picks 1 and 3 or picks 3 a young gun and 2nd round pick

If richmond were to get Judd it would only be through PSD

If collingwood were to get Judd then WC would be crippled as Collingwood have no bargaining power what so ever unless they trade Pendlebury or Cloke which is very unlikely.

Essendon as well have no bargaining power and really have no chance of getting him anyway.

The way i see it is Judd wants to play for a club where he can get high media attention and payed well, this is why Carlton and Collingwood seem the likely suitors for him. but becuase Collingwood have no bargaining power it seems unlikely for a trade to be done. If Judd choices carlton then thats where he will be in 2008 no questions if he chooses Collingwood then Richmond will have a small chance of getting Judd if a trade falls through. In conclusion i can really only see Judd in the navyblue, white and black or the yellow and black.
Why do collingwood, who have said they're not interested, have more chance than the dons?

Isnt it obvious???

Freo and 7 conspired about this whole judd thing right :p

7 shows the medibank private ad during kath and kim.

Eagles fans throw stuff at their tv's.

Rick Hart suddenly get a whole lot of TV sales.

Rick hart up's his sponsership

Dockers are the new powerhouse
:rolleyes:

Isnt it obvious???

Freo and 7 conspired about this whole judd thing right :p

7 shows the medibank private ad during kath and kim.

Eagles fans throw stuff at their tv's.

Rick Hart suddenly get a whole lot of TV sales.

Rick hart up's his sponsership

Dockers are the new powerhouse
:rolleyes:

The collective souls at Freo do not have the combined IQ to pull that off.

My prediction is that he will go to Carlton. (The same rumours saying he was leaving also said Carlton have been talking to his manager for a while now).

Carlton would take a midfielder with pick 3. Judd fills that.

On the table - Pick 3.

WC need probably 2 more genuine KPP players. Kennedy shown little at Carlton but is a WA boy fitting the WC need for a key forward.

On the table - Pick 3, Kennedy

Essential thats 2 top 5 picks. Judd is worth probably that plus another top 10-12 pick.

Fisher and Waite will definately be on the WC radar. I think Fisher could be let go, but he's not worth a first rounder. Alternatively Scotland wont fit in the salary cap given his demands if Judd arrives.

So my final prediction is:

Kennedy, Fisher or Scotland, Pick 3, Pick 20 (2nd rounder) For
Judd and Pick 30 (or whatever their 2nd round is)

if we get a high draft pick. The pressure on that kid is going to be so immense, eagles fans will be expecting or hoping that he will become something close to judd. Hope it wont ruin his career for it has even started.

I'm stupid am I. So West Coast will accept a second tier player and a top ten draft pick. I don't think so. A draft pick is no certainty and Judd is widely regarded as the best player since Carey. Lloyd or Fletcher are both late 20's early thirties, Judd turned 24 last week. Franklin would be the only player in the league West Coast would consider as a straight swap. Llyod or Fletcher don't make me laugh.

Yes you are

Did you even read my post? I'll explain it slowly for you as you are obviously about 12.

You said- anyteam who wants him would have to give up their best player
Essendons best players i arguably Lloyd or Fletcher so by your logic this is what we would have to trade to get him. This isn't viable because you logic is sh*t. If Carlton give up picks 1,3 and Kennedy (which they wont) then how are they giving up their best player.

the more i think about it...if it's not $s Dees look good...Judd plays for his chlldhood club in their 150th year...plays regularly at the G...a new coach????

gary lyon may plays some part in trying to woo him to the club also. As lyon was judds idol and is why he wears number 3.
And what do you know number 3 is available at the dees now after bizell's retirement.

Dees can offer pick #4, 18 and player/s? not sure what players? travis johnstone?

West Coast with #4 can pick a local, Cale Morton who is rated as a top 5 and his brother Mitch is an Eagle player.

thoughts?

cjmfc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back