Chris Judd leaving WCE: OFFICIAL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one for Eagles fans ... Judd comes out and says his preferred club is, say, Hawthorn.. and the Hawks offer their first-round draft pick and a good player.. Williams for example... and that's their only offer...
what does your club do? Accept it or say no and send him to the PSD...

when players want to leave, their club is at a big disadvantage...

I realise it is Judd, equal best player in the league, but two examples to remember are Stevens and Davis... they wanted to go .. port got nothing ... and Pies got pick 22 or so and just had to cop whatever the swans wanted to give us...

Yes you are

Did you even read my post? I'll explain it slowly for you as you are obviously about 12.

You said- anyteam who wants him would have to give up their best player
Essendons best players i arguably Lloyd or Fletcher so by your logic this is what we would have to trade to get him. This isn't viable because you logic is sh*t. If Carlton give up picks 1,3 and Kennedy (which they wont) then how are they giving up their best player.

Yes, Every team will want him but many will not have a suitable trade to satisfy West Coast ala Essendon. If West Coast consider picks 1 and 3 to be highly talented players they may see this as adequate compensation. Lets not forget former no 1 picks such as Goddard, Cooney etc are nowhere near Judds league.

I can't see Judd burning the club by going in the PSD. Whats the point of playing in a premiership if you will never be welcome back at the club.

dont know if this was covered earlier but in hindsight, how big a game was the Carlton V Melbourne game to get Carlton the number 1 draft pick..................

im actually starting 2 feel sorry for chris judd. lord knows hes headed probably to either carlton, melbourne or richmond. 3 absolute duds. he wont ever taste premiership success for the rest of his career (unless he goes to geelong) while the teammates he left behind will have so many premiership medallions around their necks they'll look like mr. t

Yes, Every team will want him but many will not have a suitable trade to satisfy West Coast ala Essendon. If West Coast consider picks 1 and 3 to be highly talented players they may see this as adequate compensation. Lets not forget former no 1 picks such as Goddard, Cooney etc are nowhere near Judds league.

I can't see Judd burning the club by going in the PSD. Whats the point of playing in a premiership if you will never be welcome back at the club.

Yeah cause Judd is realy going to stay if a deal cant be done.:rolleyes:

Essendon could give gumby, Ryder and pick 6 which Weagles would take in an instant thus invalidating your "your have to give the clubs bets player" theory.

Yeah cause Judd is realy going to stay if a deal cant be done.:rolleyes:

Essendon could give gumby, Ryder and pick 6 which Weagles would take in an instant thus invalidating your "your have to give the clubs bets player" theory.

While your being so smug with yourself what you have failed to realise is if West Coast take two or three players as part of the deal they will be forced to delist two or three players currently on their list. With only two certainties in Wooden and Sampi to go, with Judd gone Chick may now be offered a new deal. The Eagles will be looking to promote McNamara and C Jones from the rookie list. There is only Morton, Nicoski and McKinley who haven't signed as yet. As can be seen spots are tight on the list hence the reason they will only go for 1 big name player and a draft pick in the trade. My logic isn't flawed you just haven't thought it through.

cjmfc.jpg

:D at photoshop!

Melbourne midfield in 2008:

George Jetson Chris Judd Fred Flinstone

carlton

they'd probably have the most cap space and Pratt will add some financial muscle to the equation

how much would they pay? i can't see Murphy accepting a trade after turning down an interstate post in Brisbane and a top draft pick won't be enough - they could offer Fev and pick 20 or perhaps someone like Simpson or Fisher and pick 3 (i think Carlton would keep #1 to get Kreuzer)

collingwood

are a real chance because they have large exposure, plenty of off-field opportunities and offer the best chance of playing finals

the real question with the Pies is salary cap - Bucks could not get his $500k if Judd came on board and he would either need to be 'like Mike' and sacrifice his earnings or hang up the boots entirely

not sure who the Pies could offer - maxwell, goldsack and rusling have shown potential but would need to be accompanied by a very high draft pick, something the Pies dont have

Didak is a quality player but would not fit the mould for the image-repairing Eagles and so that probably leaves the Shaws, Swann or Cloke as potential players to add to their first-round pick

Richmond

the Tiges have bigger list problems right now and i can't see why they'd trade for Judd - they need some young KPs, not a midfielder at their peak

Hawthorn

not sure if the Hawks have shown interest but are probably one of the teams able to mount a decent trade for Judd with their depth of young talent and assumed cap space

a youngster like Young or McGlynn could be wrapped up with Mark Williams and a second-rounder

williams is getting on but would offer the Eagles a recognised goalkicker and leading forward target during the remainder of the current Premiership 'window'

I can't really see St Kilda, Essendon, the Bulldogs or North having a crack and wonder how serious the reports of Melbourne's interest really are

will be an interesting off-season...BF will be running hot ;) :thumbsu:

peace

While your being so smug with yourself what you have failed to realise is if West Coast take two or three players as part of the deal they will be forced to delist two or three players currently on their list. With only two certainties in Wooden and Sampi to go, with Judd gone Chick may now be offered a new deal. The Eagles will be looking to promote McNamara and C Jones from the rookie list. There is only Morton, Nicoski and McKinley who haven't signed as yet. As can be seen spots are tight on the list hence the reason they will only go for 1 big name player and a draft pick in the trade. My logic isn't flawed you just haven't thought it through.

Ryder and Gumby are worth stacks more to Weagles than Morton, Nicoski, McKinly, C Jones etc etc. There is no way they would refuse them because they dont want to drop players like Morton from their list. You logic is flawed.

Anyone beat Dowler, Williams, Pick 12?

I cant believe what im reading on club boards such as pick 3 and Bowyer, and Pick 6 plus Jetta and Johns.

Judd is clearly the most valuable player ever traded. Easily worth 3 top 10 picks or the equivilent.

Now if you pay an equal amount for Judd, then whats the point of getting him?
People at football clubs get a payrise for landing big fish. Egos get stroked, morale goes up etc...

I think the club that says we want you to play for our team and there will no captaincy,no media if you don't want too and limited club appearances will have a better chance of getting him than one that throws cash at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see he`s still grimacing from the injury. Bad sign I reckon.

Kouta mark II ?

Does anyone remember that the reason Judd only went at pick 3 in the 2001 draft, is because he'd already had two shoulder reconstructions before he turned 18. He was overlooked by the clubs that had picks 1 & 2 because of concerns related to those surgeries. As we all now know, he recovered brilliantly.

He'll be fully fit next year - without a doubt. Whichever club he goes to should thank their lucky stars. They are getting a player who's peers voted him the games most valuable player (Leigh Matthews Trophy) last year.

We all talk about the rumours, but it's really in Carlton's hands. Considering they have the best assets to play with (players and picks), WC can demand anything they want off them and any club. If Carlton don't give up the first draft pick, they'll probably have to trade at least 2 players and their 2nd best pick.

There has been talk at the Kangaroos, so there could be a straight trade or maybe a 3 way trade between WC, Carlton and the Kangaroos.

Ryder and Gumby are worth stacks more to Weagles than Morton, Nicoski, McKinly, C Jones etc etc. There is no way they would refuse them because they dont want to drop players like Morton from their list. You logic is flawed.

Nicoski, Morton etc are extremely popular players at the Eagles. The clubs already had their heart ripped out, why would they further aggrevate it by trading players that don't want to leave?. Ryder and Gumby have shown potential and may be good players but Judd is the best player in the league and the Eagles won't muck around when it comes to compensation. Essendon should be more worried about finding themselves a coach first.

Judd is clearly the most valuable player ever traded. Easily worth 3 top 10 picks or the equivilent.

you clown. Tony Lockett want's to know what mushrooms you're on.

FFS. and he went for pick 5.

of course, as a johnny come lately, you think this is less important - but guess what - it marks you out as johnny.

We all talk about the rumours, but it's really in Carlton's hands. Considering they have the best assets to play with (players and picks), WC can demand anything they want off them and any club. If Carlton don't give up the first draft pick, they'll probably have to trade at least 2 players and their 2nd best pick.

There has been talk at the Kangaroos, so there could be a straight trade or maybe a 3 way trade between WC, Carlton and the Kangaroos.

I don't think it is in Carlton's hands... it's in Judd's hands and then in the hands of which club he wants to go to... he may not want to go to carlton therefore the Eagles can't do a deal with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back