Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just for argument sake, can some Richmond fans make a list of their players that they think are the equivalent value of Yarran

Yeah, no. Currently, Lennon > Yarran. Neither was a regular in their teams, but Lennon had a harder team to get into, and far more development....Oh, and we don't have to trade him.

As for his value after the move..

You've got a car that doesn't work.
If the problem is what you think, it's an easy enough fix, but you don't have the tools so you can't do it.
You have to sell the car and the buyer wont know for sure if they can fix it until after the deal is done.

Why do Carlton supporters keep telling us that we should pay as if it's working at it's best?

The last paragraph is the exact reason Richmond can't get the bigger names. Yarran is not shit. Which is basically what you are saying. Look at hawthorn. They don't mess around when it comes to picking up players from other teams. They identify talent and pay what they are worth. No question!

Just Yarran.

Yarran and second is way overs.
Lets not forget the A grade form Yarran has shown...i realise not this year, but that would be because he mentally checked out.
Betts had a poor last year with us, now tearing it up with Adelaide 2 years in a row.

A Grade player in glimpses...
More a B to C grade player over his career

He finished 4th in BF 2 years ago in a below average side, next best was 10th then daylight...

6 years in footy and had gone backwards.

Betts has always played with mongrel and hardly had a bad year.

The two cannot be comparedcompared

Betts was the one that should have stayed, 3 other clubs realised his worth and matched each others offer, but Carlton didn't think he was worth it even though they had money to keep him. They went for D Thomas...wow, Didn't that back fire

Betts >>> Yarran over their careers output...

How would Lennon get a game if we got both Harley and Yarran??? Corey Ellis would also be rated much higher than him and come in before him from our team that played in the elimination final. Thats 3 to come in with Newman obviously out. As much as Richmond fans want to, we wont drop the more defensive players like Grigg or Hunt, so i really think he will struggle to be first 22. I like Lennon, he is a classy footballer, but lets be honest, he is poor in a contest, slow and doesnt seem to have a great workrate. The potential for a player like Yarran is so much higher than Lennon surely. Im not so sure why Carlton would be that keen for Lennon when they allready have Menzel, who seems like a similar if not slightly better player. Neither really get enough of the footy consistently though.

Lennon could be a solid footballer for us, but lets not overate him, hes certainly no superstar.

No Carlton is happy with that trade only. Richmond certainly isn't.
You can debate who wins and loses till the cows come home but the fact is Lennon hasn't signed. If he is open to going to the blues and Yarren to the Tigers then sometimes trades like this happen pretty easy whether supporters like it or not. Everyone is a winner especially the players because they get to their destination of choice. Clubs aren't bastards.
90% of the posts on this thread are just a giant case of who has the biggest d$&k. Posts blindly following the previous post of garbage. Trades get done most of the time easily because clubs rate blokes higher based on blokes wanting to be at a club.
It's a big if whether Lennon is even going to leave but if he doesn't resign and is happy to go to the blues it looks a pretty easy trade to me that will take all of a few seconds of signatures.

A Grade player in glimpses...
More a B to C grade player over his career

He finished 4th in BF 2 years ago in a below average side, next best was 10th then daylight...

6 years in footy and had gone backwards.

Betts has always played with mongrel and hardly had a bad year.

The two cannot be comparedcompared

Betts was the one that should have stayed, 3 other clubs realised his worth and matched each others offer, but Carlton didn't think he was worth it even though they had money to keep him. They went for D Thomas...wow, Didn't that back fire

Betts >>> Yarran over their careers output...

Not 6 years , just gone backwards from last year.
As you say he has shown A grade quality in patches...which imo is enough for Lennon...Yarran AND a second rounder is way overs, especially since our 2nd rounder will be an early one, not far off where Lennon was drafted in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Straight swap Yarran for Lennon is won by richmond by the length of the flemington straight

I reckon you'd find almost all RC supporters would disagree. Lennon has shown real talent and is only just developing into an AFL player. Yarran has shown total silk, + lots of crap. The risk return is heavily weighted to Lennon - low risk great return. Yarran very high risk - very high return.

I reckon you'd find almost all RC supporters would disagree. Lennon has shown real talent and is only just developing into an AFL player. Yarran has shown total silk, + lots of crap. The risk return is heavily weighted to Lennon - low risk great return. Yarran very high risk - very high return.
Lennon is a massive risk to trade for a player with a few minor personal issues that can be easily solved.

Lennon is a massive risk to trade for a player with a few minor personal issues that can be easily solved.

Alternatively you can argue that it is proven Yarran has a poor attitude and is a limited cream on top type player - super talented as he is.

Lennon has shown more than enough to know he will play decent AFL at a minimum. He has the talent to be a star.

So you are looking in risk terms at a player known to be flaky but talented, versus a guy with an unknown level of AFL talent, but no knocks on attitude. I'd argue that most list managers would go Lennon on that basis. But it is a personal view. We'll see in a week or two.

The last paragraph is the exact reason Richmond can't get the bigger names. Yarran is not shit. Which is basically what you are saying. Look at hawthorn. They don't mess around when it comes to picking up players from other teams. They identify talent and pay what they are worth. No question!

Hawthorn pay for worth not overs.

Mid 20's for gibson, 7 pick down grade in the 20's for Lake, pick 9 and shot gun for Burgoyne, pick 18 for McEvoy. Everyone about or even slightly below value.

If Yarran is so great why is there not a que of clubs outside SOS' door trying to pick him up when he has quit the Carlton?

Just for argument sake, can some Richmond fans make a list of their players that they think are the equivalent value of Yarran

No need

The question is, what has Yaran done in his career at CFC.
Not potential, not flashes...simply consistency and output...

I keep asking but no facts are produced to show me he is a consistent elite player
More so an average player who had shown glimpses of strong games

Everyone has seen Yaran make some dashing runs, but sporadically...and that is what he is known for

Forget where here was taken, what has he produced? Rate him on that

Not 6 years , just gone backwards from last year.
As you say he has shown A grade quality in patches...which imo is enough for Lennon...Yarran AND a second rounder is way overs, especially since our 2nd rounder will be an early one, not far off where Lennon was drafted in the first place.
Again not where they've been drafted.

There are players that were early drafts and haven't amounted to anything...

Can't compare these two players.

What is a fair trade is difficult to say. It's what Blues want, what Tigers want and what is the fairest pick.

He is not the player he is made out to be. He is a good player that can play very well but he is also a player that goes missing too much

Not meaning to be offensive but I think many people would consider the Tiges biggest weakness to be a lack of mental toughness, especially in finals.

Do you think recruiting Yarran and Bennell addresses this problem??

I have obviously watched all 3 finals failures and you are correct re: mental weakness for the Carlton loss but in 2014 we were just shit on by a much better team and this year we were again beaten by a better more experienced side that had topped up via trades.

Now should be our turn to improve the list via trades and FA and hopefully overtake the Norths in our way.

No need

I keep asking but no facts are produced to show me he is a consistent elite player

Everyone has seen Yaran make some dashing runs, but sporadically...and that is what he is known for

Yeah but no one is saying Yarran is an absolute super star.

What we're saying is Yarran for Lennon would be a fair trade.
Based on your logic, Lennon hasn't shown that much at AFL level, and didn't even make your best 22 for the finals.

Do you really think Yarran for Lennon would be so unfair for Richmond?

No need

Lol My whole argument has revolved around the solid evidence I provided proving that yarran has consistently been rated around the top 100 players in the afl

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back