Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you ever seen a player return to form or even play for a club after requesting a trade? My guess is no. If Carlton wasn't such a joke of a club you may be able to satisfy your players.

Yes, plenty of times. Ryan O'Keffe did it. Wanted a trade to us, Swans wanted pick 6. We said not, he stayed, played great footy. Probably going to happen to young McCarthy this year at GWS.

Geez I am glad you are not recruiting placing him at 24 month or so shy of 25 :rolleyes:

Now, get your facts right

in 2013 Malthouse played him in the midfield , running forward, hence where when he kicked most of his goals
He avg under 11 disposals in 2013, For me his best year was 2011

Houli has a different role, he kicks in, he sets play from defence to centre with the occasional entry forward. We are more of a defensive minded team, does not allow our defence to penetrate too deep, every Richmond supporter can see that

You don't know shit where or how we will play Yarran, I don't. All I know is what he has achieved thus far at CFC and it is no where near a 1st round pick

I'd love for him to take that next step and be a pivotal cog in our team, but I will not stand around and see us recruit a player based on potential NOT for pick 12

If we are serious about us moving forward then we will recruit diligently, we have a very good team

I just want to address one point in your post.

We are not a very good team. FFS we got bundled out in the first week of finals...for the 3rd year in a row.

We are seriously lacking another inside mid. That's not Yarran.

We are also seriously lacking a small forward. Yarran can play that role and then some.

Our defense was good throughout the year. We were let down by our mids in the first final.

Yarran can play. He has been inconsistent. Get his mind right and the benefits can be tremendous for us. Back Williams to get his head in the right space.

Either way, right now we do not have a very good team. Promising team with a good nucleus. Not too much more.

If I'm reading the state of play correctly, this essentially means that Yarran is worth the equivalent of a player who also wants to walk from his current club, but is uncontracted and has never played a game over 2 seasons of afl
Just because North paid overs for Anderson doesn't mean we have to do the same.

Are Brisbane seriously going to trade #17 for Astbury?

Really...
Potentially #31 coming back and maybe other picks/swaps further back.

Yarran is a tiger.
Will be completed Monday.

Will tear it up.

They will get 31 in return. So Astbury + 31 for 17. Not the worst deal.
I guess it doesn't really matter considering they have a couple of academys taken before #17. So that pick wouldn't be much different to their next second rounder and a later pick points wise.

Given the scenario #17 for Yarran will do fine... well done Tigers if they can pull it off.

If I'm reading the state of play correctly, this essentially means that Yarran is worth the equivalent of a player who also wants to walk from his current club, but is uncontracted and has never played a game over 2 seasons of afl
That's Norths business if they pay pick 15 for a 10 game player, we got a 28 game player that was rated higher by GWS than Anderson and has better stats for pick 70, so how about we split the difference and give you say pick 31 for Yarran and we promise to be gentle?

I still don't see why we shouldn't just keep 17 and stay with the second round offer to Carlton. They'd take it in the end.
Hawthorn got 15 for anderson, Essendon 25 for Melkshithouse, plus you won't have a 2nd rounder once you trade it to brisbane to get pick 17.

Given the above no we wouldn't take some meezly 2nd rounder, seems only richmond rate this draft worth keeping picks in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn got 15 for anderson, Essendon 25 for Melkshithouse, plus you won't have a 2nd rounder once you trade it to brisbane to get pick 17.

Given the above no we wouldn't take some meezly 2nd rounder, seems only richmond rate this draft worth keeping picks in.
Yeah we would have to find a second round pick.

I think if push came to shove you wouldn't keep him. He is poison to your club now.

He has stayed strong on his preference to go to us so you can't force him elsewhere while he's contracted. It would be take our second rounder or shoot yourselves in the foot by keeping him.

He'd end up ours for pick 31 or whatever it is.

If as you suggest only Richmond rate this draft worth keeping picks in, why do Carlton so desperately need pick 12 or 17 or whatever, you may as well just take the second rounder and move on with your lives, sans Yarran.

If as you suggest only Richmond rate this draft worth keeping picks in, why do Carlton so desperately need pick 12 or 17 or whatever, you may as well just take the second rounder and move on with your lives, sans Yarran.
Because quite clearly we are losing something of value, we at least want to be half compensated for our loss.

Perhaps we wish to use it to be part of a package to another club for a player. Pick 12 will get a better return for us in that case than pick 17.

Yeah we would have to find a second round pick.

I think if push came to shove you wouldn't keep him. He is poison to your club now.

He has stayed strong on his preference to go to us so you can't force him elsewhere while he's contracted. It would be take our second rounder or shoot yourselves in the foot by keeping him.

He'd end up ours for pick 31 or whatever it is.

Next year is the final year of a contract that will lead into the biggest contract of his life if he plays well, he won't be a negative influence on anyone.

Anyways you don't pay attention or you would realise pick 31 is going to brisbane for pick 17, you cant keep 17 and offer carlton 31 (You won't have it genius).

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back