Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why we'd invest 8 years into a pick 6 who now has over 100 games to only trade him for a crappy 2nd rounder and an average player.

You must give quality to get quality Tiges, there's a reason he's going to command 450k a season.
And yarran is just that simply not quality

As I said there's a reason the likes of Lennon and pick 12 are even being spoke about. As well as the reported contracts being offered being over 450k.

He's a need for you, I don't agree pick 12 is fair but a crappy pick and an average KPF won't cut it quite frankly.
I hope your not referring to lennon as being crap?

Not sure why we'd invest 8 years into a pick 6 who now has over 100 games to only trade him for a crappy 2nd rounder and an average player.

You must give quality to get quality Tiges, there's a reason he's going to command 450k a season.

We put over 100 games into a pick 4 player and laughed all the way to the bank with what Adelaide gave us for Tambling after 6 years.

The Draft pick a player went at means very little on the trade market after their first 2 or 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said there's a reason the likes of Lennon and pick 12 are even being spoke about. As well as the reported contracts being offered being over 450k.

He's a need for you, I don't agree pick 12 is fair but a crappy pick and an average KPF won't cut it quite frankly.

Carlton fans massively overvaluing their player?

He's not a need for us...We've made the finals 3 years running with a young list and have players like Lennon on the fringes. He'll help us make the next step, but there are other options out there.

Carlton does NEED to trade him though. He's walked out on you.

every industry source is saying yarran is worth a second and pick 12 is way overs. also saying the same about lennon for yarran yet the blues want him and a 3rd never realized sos is dodorro

Both Lennon and pick 12 are overs.

But don't think you'll get away with giving up a shit second rounder and a twos player for a player who is contracted and of value.

If you can nab Brisbanes second rounder and maybe do us an upgrade in the 3rd/4th it'd be fairer. We can't afford to be pushed around when we don't need to.

He's not a need for us...We've made the finals 3 years running with a young list and have players like Lennon on the fringes. He'll help us make the next step, but there are other options out there.

And lost...
He is a need because he has an x factor you simply don't have. Look at the teams still competing in the finals, all have a Yarran type player.

Are you telling me Richmond doesn't need creativity and pace in the forward 50, or better users off half back? Please mate.

You'll appreciate his talent when he puts on your jumper.

Trying to rubbish a 20-year-old gun for only finishing runner up in the Rising Star?

Now that's desperation. :D
Captain Cotchin your own captain was embarrassed in that final contested ball spud if ever I saw one if you had Cripps you would be salivating at the mere prospect of watching him every week

And lost...
He is a need because he has an x factor you simply don't have. Look at the teams still competing in the finals, all have a Yarran type player.

So there are other players who could do the role, meaning this one player isn't a NEED.

Not denying we can improve by getting players like him in (indeed, upgrades on a variety of players would help), I was responding to the suggestion we NEEDED this one player.

I think the Lennon request by Carlton fans is ridiculous.

Richmond are looking at 'adding' quality, not 'trading' quality with a net gain of little. Yes Yarran is ready to go but Lennon could easily impact next year and hugely the year after. And TBH, Yarran has 'never' impacted in a consistent way; he is simply a highlights reel. He did have a patch of games but soo too did Paul Bower years ago.

If Richmond let Lennon go for Yarran, tactically we know they don't rate him at all from seeing him internally. It just wouldn't make any sense.

Same as we expecting to get the better of the deal with Carlisle (which may not happen); we can expect to lose out on Yarran because they players wants shot of Carlton. That is similar to being uncontracted.

It's bloody annoying for Carlton fans but it's the truth. Carlton have mismanaged players out of the club causing loss of value.

If Richmond are serious about a flag then yes you would, but Lennon is a heap more consistent and works harder.

Lennon should be the better player in 3 years time. That's not what Richmond need.
Well on one hand I think Yarran is a bit of a downhill skier but on the other, I think he'd flourish in a winning team. Might not be a good fit for Carlton at present but it doesn't mean he holds no value to those in the top 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back