List Mgmt. Chris Yarran - Welcome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope we walk away from this one. Not convinced he will make us a better team and Carlton hold the upper hand here so we would inevitably pay overs. Walk away and never deal with those campaigners again.

If the Yarran/ Richmond 12 pick/Carlton 21 pick does not work for both teams then I'm happy to just go into the draft. People say it is a weak one, but it seems good enough for Hawthorn so must not be that bad. Gives us more of a chance to secure Lennon too. Try to get a big ruckman with the first pick and develop him into A grade material. Get some grunty midfielder for the next.

Hearing that both clubs are looking to facilitate a 3 way trade with Brisbane, due to their interest in Bell and Astbury.

Richmond: Yarran
Brisbane: Astbury, Bell, 31.
Carlton: 17

Thoughts?

Hearing that both clubs are looking to facilitate a 3 way trade with Brisbane, due to their interest in Bell and Astbury.

Thoughts?
I think it's s fair trade if you consider we are chasing Yarran to address a need.
It's reportedly a very shallow draft and we could probably get some other form of second round pick elsewhere.
I like Astbury but I think his body continually lets him down.

Thoughts?
Seems about right. Brisbane do pretty well IMO but as the pig in the middle they probably should.

I had hoped we'd try Astbury +31 for 21 but by the sound of it carlton are being massive campaigners and won't take less than a 1st RP.

What about trying to do a downgrade pick with Brisbane?

Picks 12, 31 and Astbury to the Lions for 17, 39 and Green/Robertson?

And then ontrading 17 for Yarran?

If Yarran was a Free Agent, what compo would he be worth this year ? Would not be a late first round pick.

SOS admitted Carton are in a "rebuild". so keep Yarran around these youngsters so they can learn the demeanor of a player who does not want to be there. Fantastic for their development. Just keep him on the pine in the VFL side ? We will get him for nothing next year.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Geelong paid "overs" for Henderson. You will get what Yarran is worth - a pick in the low 20's.
#22 as we would offer him $400k for 3 years and they would get a 2nd after their current selection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarran's manager Paul Connors was on CH10 earlier. Says he is confident a deal will be done later next week.

Reporter said Richmond will not trade pick 12 and will need another pick in the late teens.

Silvagni was on CH7. Says he's in daily contact with Richmond and hoping for a deal that satisfies both parties.

Thoughts?
I'd take it and run. Yarran will rip it up for us next year if we actually get it done.
I'd think 31 should go to Carlton though.

What about trying to do a downgrade pick with Brisbane?

Picks 12, 31 and Astbury to the Lions for 17, 39 and Green/Robertson?

And then ontrading 17 for Yarran?
That implies Green or Robertson are both worth more than Astbury. I wouldn't do either in a straight swap.

If Carlton don't co operate with a second round pick I reckon we just get stevie j and i've been against that, just shows how against getting r*ped by carlton i am.

That implies Green or Robertson are both worth more than Astbury. I wouldn't do either in a straight swap.

I rate Green highly, and think he is the exact type that our forward line is missing. Quick, lively small forward who has pace, can crumb, and is a decent mark, as well as pretty accurate from a set shot.

OK Guys i have been wotking all night about what would be the best scenario's to complete this trade under instructions from SOS & Dan as they have too much on their plates and have instructed me to handle it.

Richmond Out: #12 + David Astbury
Richmond In : #17 + #21

Brisbane Out:#17 + #21
Brisbane In :David Astbury +#12

Richmond trade #21 to Carlton for Yarran
Richmond trade #31 to Port for Moore+#47
Richmond trade #47 to GWS for Townsend

Richmond trade #17+#49 yo Brisbane (1312 points) as they need points for academy kids
Brisbane trade #12 back to Richmond (1268 points)

Net Result
#12 + Yarran + Moore + Townsend
Out: Astbury + #31 + #49

Thoughts?

How about this trade:

Richmond:

Lose - Astbury + pick 31
Gain - Yarran
New Draft Order = 12, 49, 67

Brisbane:

Lose - pick 17 + pick 39
Gain - Astbury, Bell, Casboult
New Draft Order = 2, 21, 57

Carlton:

Lose - Yarran + Bell + Casboult
Gain - pick 17 + pick 31 + pick 39
New Draft Order = 1, 17, 20, 31, 38, 39

Overall results for the 3 clubs:

- Richmond keep their 1st round pick, but fill a need in Yarran, and essentially replacing a fringe player (Astbury) with a best 22 player (Yarran).

- Brisbane gain some much needed experience to their very young list, but still maintain a presence in the Top 30, retaining 2 of their picks.

- Carlton begin their rebuild with 3 picks inside the Top 20, and another 3 picks inside the Top 40, whilst losing some quality experience.

How about this trade:

Richmond:

Lose - Astbury + pick 31
Gain - Yarran
New Draft Order = 12, 49, 67

Brisbane:

Lose - pick 17 + pick 39
Gain - Astbury, Bell, Casboult
New Draft Order = 2, 21, 57

Carlton:

Lose - Yarran + Bell + Casboult
Gain - pick 17 + pick 31 + pick 39
New Draft Order = 1, 17, 20, 31, 38, 39

Overall results for the 3 clubs:

- Richmond keep their 1st round pick, but fill a need in Yarran, and essentially replacing a fringe player (Astbury) with a best 22 player (Yarran).

- Brisbane gain some much needed experience to their very young list, but still maintain a presence in the Top 30, retaining 2 of their picks.

- Carlton begin their rebuild with 3 picks inside the Top 20, and another 3 picks inside the Top 40, whilst losing some quality experience.

I like it, but Carlton fans will crack it and say that Bell and Casboult should be worth a pick in the 20's each.

OK Guys i have been wotking all night about what would be the best scenario's to complete this trade under instructions from SOS & Dan as they have too much on their plates and have instructed me to handle it.

Richmond Out: #12 + David Astbury
Richmond In : #17 + #21

Brisbane Out:#17 + #21
Brisbane In :David Astbury +#12

Richmond trade #21 to Carlton for Yarran
Richmond trade #31 to Port for Moore+#47
Richmond trade #47 to GWS for Townsend

Richmond trade #17+#49 yo Brisbane (1312 points) as they need points for academy kids
Brisbane trade #12 back to Richmond (1268 points)

Net Result
#12 + Yarran + Moore + Townsend
Out: Astbury + #31 + #49

Brisbane won't trade 17 and 21. Need to have a highish draft pick to get both Keays and Hipwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back