List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I could be totally off the mark but just feel like Stringer beats up on lowly teams under the roof at Marvel. Which we don’t get much of a chance to do.

I’d like to know what his record at the G is in comparison (as this is where he’d play more games with us).

What I do know though is that he absolutely brained us out of the middle in the ANZAC clash this year. Almost got the Dons over the line that day with a dominant 20 min burst in the middle. Can recall him getting a heap of centre clearances; we had no answer to him. Maybe we could use him like that. Mainly up fwd but give a burst in the guts to send JDG or ND fwd.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Marvel - 85 games (53W 32L), 172 goals, 120 behinds, disposal average 13.75
MCG - 52 games (22W 1D 29L), 84 goals, 50 behinds, disposal average 13.96

Diddums…hysteria amplifier. No one said it was all her fault. If you have a child in the dynamic, you have a responsibility to put them first…behave like an adult. Any grievance she had with Jake should have been managed outside of the media.

Going public like that helps nobody, least of all her.

You’re not the Minister for morals and ethics, have some humility.
I’d imagine she was pretty angry about it. Maybe she wanted to expose him publicly for what he did. Seems reasonable to me.

I'm surprised to hear this about Merrett at the Dons, assuming its true. I've had him on a pedestal.

Not very professional, and I can't imagine Pendles or Moore doing something similar.

Maybe they have challenged the coaches, and maybe the coaches need challenging - but I would have thought that list management is something the captain stays well away from.

37 days until trade week. This thread promises much awesomeness. Just hope the finals don’t distract me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thoughts on Stringer getting out of his Essendon contract due to the nutritional negligence that has made him fat?

We'll be up to a few hundred pages here by the time trade week actually starts.
One of the consequences of having September free.

Thoughts on Stringer getting out of his Essendon contract due to the nutritional negligence that has made him fat?
Does taking legal action against yourself enable you to void contracts? Damn I’ve got some eating to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mods - the new thread title - please confirm its only temporary. Otherwise where do we get to post about Stringer?
The new title thread for Stringer talk will be, ‘Who ate all the Pies?’

Could sue the cafe at the training ground for selling sausage rolls?

Fairly sure there was a case in the US if someone suing McDonalds for making them fat. Precedent?

I'm surprised to hear this about Merrett at the Dons, assuming its true. I've had him on a pedestal.

Not very professional, and I can't imagine Pendles or Moore doing something similar.

Maybe they have challenged the coaches, and maybe the coaches need challenging - but I would have thought that list management is something the captain stays well away from.
I thought the original story was a bit of a red flag, so this doesn't seem out of sync, but I'm genuinely shocked to hear that he's mates with Stringer.

Stringer playing better @ Marvel? Possibly the quality of opposition?
Stringer being a fat, unprofessional pig? Look at the quality of leadership him @ Essendon and then compare @ Collingwood.
If he were to come to Collingwood, I’d have an interview panel of McCrae, Leppitsch, Bolton, Pendles, Moore, Howe and Naicos.
If he gets through that, he’s in.

I’m not really across the details of what got Stringer booted from the Dogs, but given it was about 8 years ago and he hasn’t been embroiled in a headline since, he seems pretty safe these days. I mean, we took Krak on after being jailed… The question would be do we think he’s a difference maker in our final push for a flag over the next 2 years. Seems a player who could get off the chain for a quarter and win us a prelim or a GF…

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back