Prediction Your top 5 phantom draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

With the draft been so even, what's your prediction for the top 5, with the draft picks as they stand today.
Pick 1 - Richmond
Pick 2 - North Melbourne
Pick 3 - Carlton
Pick 4 - Adelaide
Pick 5 - Melbourne

This is mine
Pick 1 Rich - Finn O’Sullivan
Pick 2 North - Sam Lalor
Pick 3 Carlton - Sid Draper
Pick 4 Adel - Harvey Langford
Pick 5 Melb - Jagga Smith

What say ye?
Ashcroft and possibly Lombard bid could change this, but for these 5 open picks i would guess

1. Rich - FOS or Lalor, i'll guess FOS this time
2. NM - Tauru
3. Carl - Draper or FOS, FOS gone so Draper
4. Adel - Lalor
5. Melb - Armstrong

i mean it could go Lalor at first then Carlton get FOS, which means Draper to Adel, i think Kangas are likely locked into Tauru at a guess (mainly because they are desperate for KPP to fill out their team balance) and Armstrong i think is a good chance to go to Melb, but these are guesses to be honest, then Rich either go Smillie for the big bodied mid or Langford who they have liked for awhile more likely Langford... just at a guess

Last edited:

Ashcroft and possibly Lombard bid could change this, but for these 5 open picks i would guess

1. Rich - FOS or Lalor, i'll guess FOS this time
2. NM - Tauru
3. Carl - Draper or FOS, FOS gone so Draper
4. Adel - Lalor
5. Melb - Armstrong

i mean it could go Lalor at first then Carlton get FOS, which means Draper to Adel, i think Kangas are likely locked into Tauru at a guess (mainly because they are desperate for KPP to fill out their team balance) and Armstrong i think is a good chance to go to Melb, but these are guesses to be honest, then Rich either go Smillie for the big bodied mid or Langford who they have liked for awhile more likely Langford... just at a guess
That would be ideal for the Tigers holding pick 6, having 2 talls taken in the first 5, would give the choice of Jagga or Langford. Can't see it happening though as Melb could take a tall at 9, 5 is a reach

Brisbane - Ashcroft
Richmond - Smith
Melbourne (pick swap with North) - FOS
Carlton - Lalor
Adelaide - Draper
North - Tauru.
this can't actually happen unless you're suggesting that Melbourne are offering Pick 5 + 9 to move up to 2? North don't have anything worthy to give back to us that justifies that trade so isn't remotely feasible from the picks that I can see.

this can't actually happen unless you're suggesting that Melbourne are offering Pick 5 + 9 to move up to 2? North don't have anything worthy to give back to us that justifies that trade so isn't remotely feasible from the picks that I can see.
As mentioned elsewhere, Melbourne trade 9 to GWS for 15 and 16.

Melbourne then trade 5 and 16 (maybe 15) to North for 2.

GWS may or may not do that deal. Melbourne may or may not do the deal with GWS.

But it's a scenario that's possible.

Melbourne make certain of the mid they want at 2 and still have another top 20 pick, North get Tauru at 6 and another pick in the first round.

Rich - Lalor
Bris - Ashcroft marched bid by North
North - FOS
Carl - Draper
Adel - Jagga
Dees - Reid

Last edited by a moderator:

Melbourne make certain of the mid they want at 2 and still have another top 20 pick, North get Tauru at 6 and another pick in the first round.
yeah nice. I agree that that could work. I just meant that a deal directly with North wouldn't. I probably would do that deal if it meant getting FOS and if it took us out of the range of getting Armstrong who I don't want.

yeah nice. I agree that that could work. I just meant that a deal directly with North wouldn't. I probably would do that deal if it meant getting FOS and if it took us out of the range of getting Armstrong who I don't want.
Interesting take. I think if someone could enable North to get Tauru and Armstrong we’d be pretty happy. Big ask though.

I like it, but would be surprised if Melbourne did that. You could have just traded 5 + F1 for 2 at the start of the traded period and avoided going via Essendon.

I like it, but would be surprised if Melbourne did that. You could have just traded 5 + F1 for 2 at the start of the traded period and avoided going via Essendon.
I certainly see north getting rid of pick 2. It's either the dees or tigers. Both will take osullivan at 2. I still think Richmond will be favourites to do it.
1 Lalor tigers
2 o Sullivan tigers
3 ashcroft - lions
4 smillie blues
5 Draper Adelaide

But then we wouldn't have pick 15 (or 16).

In the scenario I mentioned we end up with pick 2 and either pick 15 or 16. In your scenario we end up with just pick 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1- Richmond bid -Ashcroft
2- Richmond -Lalor
3- Nth - Tauru
4- Carflog- FOS
5- Adelaide- Draper
6- Melbourne- Langford
7- Richmond- Smith/Smillie/Armstrong

1RichmondFinn O'Sullivan
2Brisbane (F/S)Levi Ashcroft
3North MelbourneHarvey Langford
4Carlton (WC)Sam Lalor
5AdelaideSid Draper
6MelbourneJagga Smith
7Richmond (GC)Josh Smillie
8St.KildaMurphy Reid
9St.Kilda (Compensation)Alixzander Tauru
10Melbourne (Ess)Harry Armstrong
11Richmond (Frem)Tobie Travaglia
12Richmond (Coll)Luke Trainor
13Gold Coast (Academy)Leonardo Lombard
14Essendon (NGA)Isaac Kako
15West Coast (Carl)Bo Allan
16Port Adelaide (WB)Xavier Lindsay
17Fremantle (Haw)Joe Berry
18GWS GiantsTaj Hotton
19GWS Giants (Compensation)Jobe Shanahan
20W.Bulldogs (Geel)Jack Whitlock
21Richmond (PA)Cooper Hynes
22Brisbane (Academy)Samuel Marshall
23SydneyMatt Whitlock
24Richmond (Bris)Jonty Faull
25GWS Giants (Compensation)Jesse Dattoli
26Sydney (NM Priority)Harrison Oliver
27Richmond (NM Priority)Tom Gross
I reckon the Saints should give GWS picks 8 & 32 for picks 18,19 & 25. Then we would choose all those 3 that you have chosen for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Your top 5 phantom draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back