Clarko Says - 'The umpires cost us the game'

Remove this Banner Ad

wallyt99

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2007
Bay 13
AFL Club
Hawthorn
"Whether it was an umpiring decision or holding the ball, or whether we didn't have the lucky breaks, some split 50/50 decisions, or the kick that just missed, at the end of the day Sydney won the game because they got a couple of lucky breaks."

Translated -

Whether it was an umpiring decision;

- The umpiring was atrocious

or holding the ball

- The blind maggots can't even give a proper ruling on holding the ball.

or whether we didn't have the lucky breaks

- They deliberately crucified us.

some split 50/50 decisions

- Those ####ing 50 metre penalties

or the kick that just missed

- If I could, I'd kick those umpires square in the nuts

at the end of the day Sydney won the game because they got a couple of lucky breaks

- Sydney didn't deserve to win...it was the AFL agenda to boost up the interstate sides. BASTARDS!!!! (headbutts Demetriou in the face)

I think you might be reading into this a little too much. I'm gonna take it at face value - "we were a little unlucky". But in the grand context of the scenario, AC has acknowledged they were better and we can learn from them.

:) You might be reading WAY too much into it!

There's an element of luck in every game (well every contest really) and it didn't go our way yesterday.

I think that the Swans were owed one after last week.

Translated -

- Sydney didn't deserve to win...it was the AFL agenda to boost up the interstate sides. BASTARDS!!!! (headbutts Demetriou in the face)

took my wife yesterday and i watch in horror to see what these so called

professional umps are doing to our game, and for the 1st time my wife

now agrees with me as to why i always get upset

you are totaly right i was so pissed. sydney are a good sid, but i tell you they are not that much better than hawthorn

and sure we made some bad errors, but not enought to loose the game

Translated -

Learn the rules.

If I could I would boot every person that complains about the umpires in the nuts.

Without doubt the most disgraceful display of umpiring I have ever seen in my life! Fair enough Sydney choked us up with their disgusting brand of football and played pretty well, despite that i have no doubt in my mind that if it wasnt for the umpires we would have won the game..

Mc Burney is a flipping disgrace, worse than Goldspink, he has it in for us everytime he umpires one of our games and I'm sick of it..

I hate Sydney and Mc Burney!

Coach Clarkson cannot say outright what he thinks, so he just included it as an "off the cuff" remark. Remember, Dumbetriou will fine him if he attacks the umps.

Bloody umpires. If I was that shoddy at my work, I'd be on the dole. But those neanderthals keep getting paid for f*****g things up.

I am SO glad he's said something about it, as censored as it was. I reckon if I was a well paid Footy coach, I'd be absolutely letting rip and tearing shreds off those imbeciles for such an utterly apalling display, and saying 'hang the fine!'. Umpiring cost us that game, which should have been yet another great win, absolutely no question....:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I sat next to a Sydney supporter yesterday and she just laughed and smiled apologetically at me when I yelled at the umps. She sure didn't deny that the Swans were getting a good deal.
The thing I dont get is - why do people go and watch the Swans? They are as boring to watch as waiting for the grass to grow in a drought, and they did not really try to win, they just stopped the game and then happened to get a few lucky frees and 50's which resulted in goals. Not a lot to get excited about.
The Swans players confidence grew as the game went on and it was obvious why: When one team knows it can tackle the opposition and it does not matter if you get them high, or they havent got the ball, or you push them in the back - the umpire will not penalise you for it. Meanwhile Hawthorn players know that if they get the ball and a Sydney player breathes on you - that's it, you're gone, holding the ball. How can that not affect the way you play.
In the end I thought Hawthorn kept their cool remarkeably well and I don't really hate the Swans because I know the umpires have ripped them off a few times as well. But the umpires have to - absolutely have to - at some stage become accountable for their poor performances and inconsistency. They are ruining the game.

I sat next to a Sydney supporter yesterday and she just laughed and smiled apologetically at me when I yelled at the umps. She sure didn't deny that the Swans were getting a good deal.
The thing I dont get is - why do people go and watch the Swans? They are as boring to watch as waiting for the grass to grow in a drought, and they did not really try to win, they just stopped the game and then happened to get a few lucky frees and 50's which resulted in goals. Not a lot to get excited about.
The Swans players confidence grew as the game went on and it was obvious why: When one team knows it can tackle the opposition and it does not matter if you get them high, or they havent got the ball, or you push them in the back - the umpire will not penalise you for it. Meanwhile Hawthorn players know that if they get the ball and a Sydney player breathes on you - that's it, you're gone, holding the ball. How can that not affect the way you play.
In the end I thought Hawthorn kept their cool remarkeably well and I don't really hate the Swans because I know the umpires have ripped them off a few times as well. But the umpires have to - absolutely have to - at some stage become accountable for their poor performances and inconsistency. They are ruining the game.

I agree totally. I watched the game live on Fox with a Hawk friend and i continually commented to him how bad the umpiring was against the Hawks and favoured the Swans. It reminded me exactly of the R2 game the Tigers played against Sydney at the 'G'. It was nearly de ja vu watching the game yesterday. Sydney got a free everytime they breathed on us while we would do the same and get nothing or get a free against for the most ticky-touch sh!t. They definately have something for Sydney. It was at half-time i said something along the lines of: "If the Hawks lose by less than 10 points or so, the umps will have definately cost you the game". Swans were the better team after half time but that still doesn't excuse the influence the umps had on the outcome of the game.

GO TIGES!!!

Sydney = Protected species.

Those 50m penalties, and that third quarter reeked of mediocrity. If anyone else was that bad at what they did they would be arrested for rorting. Pathetic.

I agree totally. I watched the game live on Fox with a Hawk friend and i continually commented to him how bad the umpiring was against the Hawks and favoured the Swans. It reminded me exactly of the R2 game the Tigers played against Sydney at the 'G'. It was nearly de ja vu watching the game yesterday. Sydney got a free everytime they breathed on us while we would do the same and get nothing or get a free against for the most ticky-touch sh!t. They definately have something for Sydney. It was at half-time i said something along the lines of: "If the Hawks lose by less than 10 points or so, the umps will have definately cost you the game". Swans were the better team after half time but that still doesn't excuse the influence the umps had on the outcome of the game.

GO TIGES!!!

Thank you! That clearly shows that we are not just being one eyed hawthorn supporters, the umpires were a disgrace and cost us the game, & knowone can disagree with that..

If I ever see that little **** Mc Burney in the street I am going to find it very hard not to knock his head off, has it in for Hawthorn, every time he umpires one of our game he kills us, flipping DISGRACE!

So Goldspink AND McBurney apparently have it totally in for Hawthorn. OMFG, we are in TROUBLE. No Flag for us until they both retire. I am STILL seething about that 'officiating' (and I use that term with tongue planted firmly in cheek) 2 days later. The terms 'stitched up' and 'favoritism' don't even cover it. It's like they went out there in the 2nd quarter with the specific and express intention of handing Sydney the game on a silver platter. It's like they were given instructions from high up to 'get Sydney back into it', after we smashed them early.
Clarko said it publicly (politely, I'm certain privately he would have been screaming absolute bloody blue murder), neutral supporters are saying it, even Swans fans are saying it (my gf is a Swan fanatic. We went together, and even she said they were heavily favoured). It's a massive problem, and I wish Clarko would take it up with higher authorities....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes i agree. in the 2nd quarter they did not try to win, neither team were doing anything daring or positive. understandably, we were in a position to protect the 3 goal lead, but they should've been trying to create some run or something attacking. umpire just intervened, purely just to get them into the game.

it was a critical moment of the game, to give goals to a team who were struggling and no intention of taking risks to get goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko Says - 'The umpires cost us the game'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back