NO TROLLS Clarkson signs on as new North Melbourne coach - No Trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

This is exactly what I feared.

Clarksons did brilliant things with the Hawks but his last flag was seven years ago.

What happened to them after that? They've just gotten worse and worse.

Clarksons is 54 years old, so a five year contract would mean having him at the helm until 60.

Or being on the hook to have to pay him until 60 even if things don't work out.

This has disaster written all over it but I don't expect much better from the club these days tbh.

I've been a member for almost 20 years, the club is in the worst state I have seen it since the dark days of 2007.

I'd love to be proven wrong but this Alastairs Clarksons contract could prove to be the biggest ****up since Carey and you know who.

That's if he even takes the deal, and isn't just using NMFC as leverage for a better deal elsewhere, Martin / Gaff style.

Hopefully that's what he is indeed doing, and all we end up with is egg on our face (again).

Better that than a has-been on a five year, multi million dollar deal.

4f11a116-fed3-40f8-a420-c94835b2ed12_text.gif

Clarksons did brilliant things with the Hawks but his last flag was seven years ago.

Clarksons is 54 years old, so a five year contract would mean having him at the helm until 60.

This has disaster written all over it but I don't expect much better from the club these days tbh.

I've been a member for almost 20 years, the club is in the worst state I have seen it since the dark days of 2007.

I'd love to be proven wrong but this Alastairs Clarksons contract could prove to be the biggest ****up since Carey and you know who.

That's if he even takes the deal, and isn't just using NMFC as leverage for a better deal elsewhere, Martin / Gaff style.

Hopefully that's what he is indeed doing, and all we end up with is egg on our face (again).

He won't go there for a 2 year contract though so what can you do?

I've talked to Clarkson about the Nth. Melbourne job, I asked him if he takes the job would he consider throwing Ben McKay up forward to partner Larkey, Stephenson & Zurhaar to sure up their forward line and he thought it was a great idea by me. I told him that Nth's midfield is pretty good and that while the defense might not be that great, sorta like Footscray, you can make some real improvement next season, he then told me that I just may of convinced him to take the Nth job.

Imagine the hubris required to look this particular gift horse in the mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won't go there for a 2 year contract though so what can you do?

Let him go to some other mob who are happy to pay him big bucks to live off past glories.

Or if you absolutely 'must' sign him, give him 2 years with triggers for 3rd and 4th year.

Finals in 2024 or out the door.

The paying members have been waiting a long time to see a decent team on the park.

With the picks coming the club's way this season, after the last two seasons of high picks, there'll be enough talent on the park.

If they can't make top 8 in 2024 with a big name coach after all of this then what is the point?

Five year plans are for Terrys Wallets and co i.e. the bin 🚮

Let him go to some other mob who are happy to pay him big bucks to live off past glories.

Or if you absolutely 'must' sign him, give him 2 years with triggers for 3rd and 4th year.

Finals in 2024 or out the door.

The paying members have been waiting a long time to see a decent team on the park.

With the picks coming the club's way this season, after the last two seasons of high picks, there'll be enough talent on the park.

If they can't make top 8 in 2024 with a big name coach after all of this then what is the point?

Five year plans are for Terrys Wallets and co i.e. the bin 🚮
And if he gets offered that he will go GWS instead. You either give him the big contract or he goes elsewhere

They are a while away. This just gives him security to take the time to do it right, rather than try and rush it just to get some short term results.

If he is the coach the AFL world talks him up to be then this is a non issue.

Gives him the 'security' to phone it in for three years (on huge cash), spin stories to the media and members about 'development'.

Then bring in some mature recruits in years 4 and 5 to bobble around mid table before the whole sorry saga come to an end.

Basically the last few years of Brads Scotts's career all over again, just with a different salesman at the helm.

Clarksons was a brilliant coach in his day, who also happened to land some amazing players in his early years.

Then benefited from compromised drafts which handicapped would-be challengers in '13-'15.

After that period of Hawk domination, what happened?

'16 Out in straight sets

'17 Finished 12th

'18 Out in straight sets

'19 Finished 9th

'20 Finished 15th

'21 Finished 14th and rightfully got the sack

'22 (Team now coached by Mitchell but still Clarksons's list) Sitting 13th

What a trainwreck post three-peat.

His mob have not won a final in six seasons since their glory days. Not one final in six years.

And somehow this bloke is gonna sign a multi million dollar, five year contract.

Credit to Clarksons for being able to do so well for himself, but woe is North or whoever is on the other side of the ledger.

The saddest part is how happy the poor fools on the north board seem to be about this.

That tells you what a mess we've been for so long, how little we've had to cheer about for years now.

It's a sad state of affairs, Jerry.

Gives him the 'security' to phone it in, spin stories to the media and members (and board) for three years, on big money.

Then bring in some mature recruits in years 4 and 5 to bobble around mid table before the whole sorry saga come to and end.

Basically the last few years of Brads Scotts's career all over again, just with a different salesman at the helm.

Clarksons was a brilliant coach in his day, who also happened to land some amazing players in his early years.

Then benefited from compromised drafts which handicapped would-be challengers in '13-'15.

After that period of Hawk domination, what happened?

'16 Out in straight sets

'17 Finished 12th

'18 Out in straight sets

'19 Finished 9th

'20 Finished 15th

'21 Finished 14th and rightfully got the sack

'22 (Team now coached by Mitchell but still Clarksons's list) Sitting 13th

What a trainwreck post three-peat.

His mob have not won a final in six seasons since their glory days. Not one final in six years.

And somehow this bloke is gonna sign a multi million dollar, five year contract.

Credit to Clarksons for being able to do so well for himself, but woe is North or whoever is on the other side of the ledger.

The saddest part is how happy the poor fools on the north board seem to be about this.

That tells you what a mess we've been for so long, how little we've had to cheer about for years now.

It's a sad state of affairs, Jerry.

Worst acrostic poem I've ever seen.

With recent events, North's next coach needs to be there for the long haul regardless of who it is.

North needs a bit of pep, and Clarko brings it. Your best players will want to stay to be coached by a 4x premiership winning coach, and the best assistants will line up to work underneath him.

It's a good move. It's clarko or fold for me.

I also wouldn't mind Hinkey. Say want you to say about him but he knows how to take a small fish club and not make them a welfare dependent club.

I think you misunderstand what a coach does lol

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS Clarkson signs on as new North Melbourne coach - No Trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back