Club member tallies @ Christmas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC10.gif

http://www.nrlnews.com/2011/01/20/update-on-team-memberships/

look at this for comparison with that piece of shit they play up north.

they claim people give a stuff - but the crowds & member numbers say otherwise.

shut that effin stupid game down.

GWS have more members than 10 of the 16 NRL clubs, and they don't even play for another 14 months.

The NRL have been advertising memberships ad nauseam for the past three years and crapping on about how important they are, so the culture excuse no longer washes.

GWS have more members than 10 of the 16 NRL clubs, and they don't even play for another 14 months.

The NRL have been advertising memberships ad nauseam for the past three years and crapping on about how important they are, so the culture excuse no longer washes.

I speak from a league fan's point of view and I admit it's annoying that the league fans don't sign up for memberships and lack the attendance culture that the AFL has which I admit I'm jealous of and wish that league fans were more active and passionate in supporting there team. The numbers are there based on the ratings but no-one is signing up for memberships I hope overtime it grows because it's dissapointing the current membership numbers of the NRL. Overall, membership & attendence NRL can do much better just the fans need to pick up there act!

P.S: Go Lions!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I speak from a league fan's point of view and I admit it's annoying that the league fans don't sign up for memberships and lack the attendance culture that the AFL has which I admit I'm jealous of and wish that league fans were more active and passionate in supporting there team. The numbers are there based on the ratings but no-one is signing up for memberships I hope overtime it grows because it's dissapointing the current membership numbers of the NRL. Overall, membership & attendence NRL can do much better just the fans need to pick up there act!

P.S: Go Lions!

The problem for the NRL is that if more people go to matches, less people watch it on tv. For a sport that is so heavily banking on tv revenues to compete with the AFL in the next rights deal, they really wouldnt want to rock that boat too much.

with over half of the country's population within their 'zone', which covers maybe 1/4 of this country, and they cant drag enough along to ALL THE GAMES to fill the MCG. good chance once rupert kaks that news limited limit their involvement (pulls the plug) and we can watch that stupid game wither & die.

http://www.nrlnews.com/2011/01/20/update-on-team-memberships/

look at this for comparison with that piece of shit they play up north.

they claim people give a stuff - but the crowds & member numbers say otherwise.

shut that effin stupid game down.

The fact that footy has more matchgoing fans, more armchair fans, more players active nationwide, wider reach, etc etc is statistically well established and denied only by League nuts who simply don't want to see reality. Every sports fan in the country including the league nuts knows this.

However that does not mean anything. I hope League survives and thrives. I prefer it to soccer and Union and it is frankly no threat to footy outisde the East Coast.

The fact that footy has more matchgoing fans, more armchair fans, more players active nationwide, wider reach, etc etc is statistically well established and denied only by League nuts who simply don't want to see reality. Every sports fan in the country including the league nuts knows this.

However that does not mean anything. I hope League survives and thrives. I prefer it to soccer and Union and it is frankly no threat to footy outisde the East Coast.

we all know its not a threat - my comments are simply related to the fact that its a stupid game. should be shutdown so channel 9 can provide more appropriate sports coverage. ;)

well thats right, it pretty much says it all when you have rugby players leaving and coming to afl. the more dominate sport. also i wouldnt like to see rugby disappear as well as i prefer it over other sports to. but it will take a lot for it to crumble

25,974 is richmonds now. i highly doubt west coasts tally is at 44,000 lol

would pummel past 50k if there was no wait list and who knows how many more if there wasnt a wait list to deter you from "waiting in the wings"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back