Club protest at training

Would you go to a organised protest at training

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The board of directors

We know thats where the problem lies. Im surprised as to why people now think this is to do with Don Pyke or Matt Clarke

If Don Pyke says "we need to go to the draft as a high priority" and then we dont, i dont think Don Pyke has made the decisions made... I severely doubt Pyke did a 180 on his own opinion in the space of a few days.
Asking for a friend. Can he bring a banner that says-

STOP WITH THE 'EVERYTHING IS HAPPY AND WONDERFUL' PROPAGANDA
IT IS VOMIT - INDUCING!

Asking for a friend. Can he bring a banner that says-

STOP WITH THE 'EVERYTHING IS HAPPY AND WONDERFUL' PROPAGANDA
IT IS VOMIT - INDUCING!
Well it’s a bit like politics, 50% of people believe Trump is a fraud, criminal, rapist, habitual liar, and all round arseh*le, and 50% think he’s awesome.
Not everyone believes the sky has fallen in during trade week, it’s vomit inducing.

Well it’s a bit like politics, 50% of people believe Trump is a fraud, criminal, rapist, habitual liar, and all round arseh*le, and 50% think he’s awesome.
Not everyone believes the sky has fallen in during trade week, it’s vomit inducing.
It's not about the trade week melt down, I don't believe the sky fell in - it's about the general WC website propaganda, everything is happy, smiley have-a-nice-day gloss+spin, even when we get flogged. But it was a tongue in cheek comment, nothing too serious here...

It's not about the trade week melt down, I don't believe the sky fell in - it's about the general WC website propaganda, everything is happy, smiley have-a-nice-day gloss+spin, even when we get flogged. But it was a tongue in cheek comment, nothing too serious here...
Big bold letters, would suggest otherwise.
What would you have them do?
Perhaps you should write a mock letter to show us all how you would have addressed members and supporters following the trade period?

Can we not as a collective just push down this angst and only let it rise up when interacting with the main man.

For example, whenever M.Clarke orders a flat white the barista needs to say "No worries mate, here you go. That'll just cost pick 3 next year bud", or when he is haggling over a second hand couch the seller needs to ask "You got any 3rd rounders to sweeten the deal there champ?"

Big bold letters, would suggest otherwise.
What would you have them do?
Perhaps you should write a mock letter to show us all how you would have addressed members and supporters following the trade period?
Umm, it was a joke boss! Lighten up ....I don't even know what you're on about?

Last edited:
Nothing has happened yet.
Also protesting at a training session? What are you going to do? Heckle the players? Hold up a sign saying "Sack Pyke?" Maybe cancel your membership?

Be real.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Begs the question I guess that, is SGIO a paid up member???

I'd consider flying down but only if we can carry placards and march in a circle chanting something catchy and very now.

Go Eagles Go
SGIO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is legit. You can either come or not. Im going to put a date on this first post when a clear date can be decided but quite simply, at one of our first training sessions im literally going to the training session to protest. Whether I am there by myself so be it but enough is enough quite frankly

Us fans have sat on our hands too long and they have made fools of us for too many years. Its clear they dont give a crap what we think because they can keep us at a distance via social media and orchestrated fake press conferences they control and hide at.

So question is

Do you have the passion to protest or will we continue to be keyboard warriors who let our club collapse into a heap?
I dont know what the hate on Clarke is . Or Pyke . When players are promised a move he stuck by it . Yes it hurt more because of what Hawthorn did . People dont understand Loyalty Honour and Your Word . Yes sometimes keeping your word works out bad for you in a short first instance sometimes . A person of integrity is a fine thing and teams , managers , players will deal with us . Baker , Barrass are both rapt . They were approached and their promise was kept . Hawthorns integrity was not the best but eventually they got there . That did hurt us even more

Last edited:
I’m super confident that if our fans started to carry on with public protests at training, any half decent young player would look at that and just think “these fans are an embarrassment, I’m outta here.” Act like adults ffs, if you are actually considering this you’re just giving all regular fans a bad name. Just step back, think about how you’re acting, and chill out. It’s a game. Could you also imagine how mental you’d look in a few years time if our first selection this year turned out to be another Bont with a few years in the system developing. Or a Nat Fyfe?

Like many have said, if you’re not down with any direction the club has taken on multiple decisions, then just cancel your membership. Someone else will fill your seat and rock up game day and support the club. Yep we have been poor for the last few years in terms of wins, but every club goes through this and there’s a whole heap of fans that have seemed to have found something they can latch onto for getting their frustrations out. What we did last week could turn out to be not as bad as people think. Acting like a spoilt only child who hates sharing their toys isn’t the way. Up the Coasters!

I’m super confident that if our fans started to carry on with public protests at training, any half decent young player would look at that and just think “these fans are an embarrassment, I’m outta here.” Act like adults ffs, if you are actually considering this you’re just giving all regular fans a bad name. Just step back, think about how you’re acting, and chill out. It’s a game. Could you also imagine how mental you’d look in a few years time if our first selection this year turned out to be another Bont with a few years in the system developing. Or a Nat Fyfe?

Like many have said, if you’re not down with any direction the club has taken on multiple decisions, then just cancel your membership. Someone else will fill your seat and rock up game day and support the club. Yep we have been poor for the last few years in terms of wins, but every club goes through this and there’s a whole heap of fans that have seemed to have found something they can latch onto for getting their frustrations out. What we did last week could turn out to be not as bad as people think. Acting like a spoilt only child who hates sharing their toys isn’t the way. Up the Coasters!
Well done Jacky Boy, that was a top write up👍😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back