Club Theme Song “Freshen Up”

Remove this Banner Ad

WHAT THE? So apparently all clubs except GWS and Gold Coast’s theme songs have undergone some changes by the AFL. I heard a snippet of the Richmond one (that song still makes me mad) which sounded no different. Why fix what’s not broken?

Not sure if they’re a a re-record, remaster or a remake. Hopefully just a remaster at worst.

EDIT: Here are the three main version's being discussed in the thread
The new AFL re-record (2018)
https://omny.fm/shows/triple-m-footy/new-footy-songs-adelaide

The traditional version we run out to (and will continue to)

The synthesizer guitar version, used by the footy show, and apparently Geelong?

Last edited:
AFL have too much time on their hands.

Hopefully we'll be the mighty Adelaide Crows rather than known as the Adelaide Crows this time.
If we're not back to the Mighty Adelaide Crows I'm crackin' skulls.

First AFLX, and now this?!?!? How do they do it!?! How the hell do the AFL manage to keep their finger so perfectly on the pulse of what the average supporter wants? What kind of marketing geniuses do they have over there that are always so unfailingly dead-on in identifying the issues that are of most concern to the fans?!

And I thought it was scary how well Google seems to know me.

Hopefully they put in a breakdown where DMac raps.
He perfers the Bee Gees and Staying Alive

David+Mackay+NAB+Cup+Rd+3+Adelaide+Crows+v+F3zzbk5QeoTl.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate our song. Not all songs in the AFL need fixing. Nothing wrong with the tigers song as is for example. But our song is terrible. It reminds me of songs my great grandma used to tell me she would sing in her childhood.

But have little confidence that the new song will be any better, so probably will be a fail anyway.

Actually I think our song would sound better if we didn't put three syllables in 'faster', maybe put the 'and' on the end of that line instead of the start of the next. Just a little thing but it bugs me.
It's not 3 syllables. Just a long note

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Theme Song “Freshen Up”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back