Club with most midfield depth

Remove this Banner Ad

:Dlol
how is that possible?
we smashed them in the grannie.

So you won the premiership.

Does that mean Hawthorn has the best back 6, the best full back, the best small back, the best floating back, the best core midfield, the best inside mid, the best outside mid, the best tap ruckman, the best mobile ruckman, the best forward 6, the best full forward, the best small forward, the best third tall forward, the best captain, the best vice-captain, the best leadership group, the best coach, the best assistant-coachers, the best president, the best supporters, the best bandwagon supporters, the best passionate supporters and the most one-eyed supporters, like you?

No, it doesn't (apart from that last bit).

Geelong.

Presant time
1 Hawthorn
2 Geelong
3 Port
4 Richman
5 Carlton

Future
1 Carlton
2 Hawthorn
3 Port
4 Richman
5 Geelong

Not saying geelongs midfield will get worse, but it wont get better like Carlton or Richmans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please explain the reasoning behind the massive improvement expected in Richmond and Carlton's midfields.
Surely players like Judd,Stevens and Cousins aren't going to be better in 2 or 3 years than what they are now?

Can someone please explain the reasoning behind the massive improvement expected in Richmond and Carlton's midfields.
Surely players like Judd,Stevens and Cousins aren't going to be better in 2 or 3 years than what they are now?

Called players like Foley, Deledio, Cotchin, Tambling, Polo, Thompson, Hislop. Can't explain Carlton though?

Port is right up there with the Cats and Hawks as far as pure utilisable proven depth goes (any club can reel off 20 blokes who could play midfield):

Kane Cornes, Chad Cornes, Shaun Burgoyne, Dom Cassisi, Peter Burgoyne, Travis Boak, Steven Salopek, David Rodan, Danyle Pearce, Tom Logan, Hamish Hartlett.

That's nine serious midfielders plus Logan (averaged 18 touches in 19 games last year) and pick #4 in Hamish Hartlett.

Carlton

Judd, Stevens, Murphy, Grigg, Walker, Gibbs, Simpson, Scotland, Hadley, Carrazzo.

I think Betts and Yarran will be future mids.

Kreuzer, Hampson and Warnock

WOW

You are totally overating this group ,Foley and Deledio ok,Cotchin could be a good player but the rest are VFL standard at best.

I won't point out the irony of being overated coming from a StKilda supporter but anyways. Considering I didn't include Cousins, Tuck, Coughlan, Johnson, Connors, Edwards and so on.. I don't think I overated them at all?

Also Deledio and Foley are better then ok, you know Cotchin is gonna be a champion, Tambling getting better ever year and hes equal to any midfielder your mob has and hes amongst our worst at the moment. Thompson and Hislop got dropped due to attitude problems, not potential. Polo is a future star of the comp, has all the attributes.

Gibbs, Kreuzer, Walker, Grigg, Simpson, Russell, Robinson, Yarran, Browne, Armfield, Anderson and Murphy have peaked and are going backwards. :rolleyes:

Judd, Stevens, Houlihan, Scotland and Hadley are in our best 22 when all are fit and younger than Cousins...

Carrazzo can play and is a good small defender, but doesn't hurt the opposition with the ball further up the ground.

Pfeiffer, Bannister and Bentick add depth, but may struggle to get a game this year.

Johnson will provide depth off half back and wing.

Good depth, but most are young and need to fill out more if you see the size of Hawthorn's and Geelong's midfielders.

I don't know why we would improve with Gibbs playing in the middle each week with Kreuzer as a tall follower who wins the ball and kicks goals.

If only we had added Thompson and Hislop so we could compete with Richmond's elite midfield that lost to a Carlton side missing Judd, Hadley, Walker and Houlihan.

And now Yarran who will light up the ground with Betts in the other pocket. :)

Hislop is a knob.

Carlton

Judd, Stevens, Murphy, Grigg, Walker, Gibbs, Simpson, Scotland, Hadley, Carrazzo.

I think Betts and Yarran will be future mids.

Kreuzer, Hampson and Warnock

WOW
Stevens is going downhill and doesn't really hurt the opposition anyway.

Simpson is average personsified.

Carrazzo turns the ball over as often as he finds it.

Hadley is probably the slowest player on an AFL list.

Port is right up there with the Cats and Hawks as far as pure utilisable proven depth goes (any club can reel off 20 blokes who could play midfield):

Kane Cornes, Chad Cornes, Shaun Burgoyne, Dom Cassisi, Peter Burgoyne, Travis Boak, Steven Salopek, David Rodan, Danyle Pearce, Tom Logan, Hamish Hartlett.

That's nine serious midfielders plus Logan (averaged 18 touches in 19 games last year) and pick #4 in Hamish Hartlett.

What about Carr?

Remove this Banner Ad

Club with most midfield depth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back