Clubbies 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just an old bloke who loves keeping up with the footy

also a tad interested in the rotation policy that the snakes plan to emply over the season. teams that i have done it with in the past seem to struggle with the notion of leaving blokes out of the team who are guns. you blokes seem pretty proud of it so looking forward to seeing how you line up on saturday

Big in this week goise. the toxic avenger is lining up on the wing. Should be interesting to see how he goes and we hope his blind wife and kabuki man come down to watch

good to see you boys have some respect for other teams in the league by calling the premiership 3 rounds into the season

what is the toxi avenger's real name? ill look out for him this weeks match report on the VAFA website on sat arvo, if the wife doesnt kill me before hand for being on the internet to much

just love my footy!!!!

Big weekend of Club XVIII South ahead with the top four sides coming up against each other. Weather conditions certainly have the ability to influence a few results, but I am running with the following tips:

Richmond Central vs Ormond - both teams are up and about this season and suspect last years grand finalists may just get over the line in a close one.

Mazenod vs Hampton - another close one here, but going with the Nodders by a couple of goals at home.

Old Geelong vs Kew - not sure that the result will give us too much insight into either Club. The cats easily.

St Mary's vs Caulfield - going to go with the undefeated Fielders on this one. Too strong and possibly the benchmark of the 2010 competition.

All the best to all eight sides this weekend!

Caught the last half of the Richmond Central v Ormond game on Sat morning, it's fair to say the umpire had no idea what was going on. No control of the game & terrible decision after terrible decision (for both sides) Could have turned the game ugly if it wasn't for the 1/2 time siren.

Good win by RC after being 19pts down at the last change.

And whoever said that they don't still cheer on "The Cardinals", a fair few supporters were saying it & they even sing the 2 theme songs after a game.

Singing 2 theme songs is a joke. Can't help, but have a very ordinary opinion of that group.
Mazenod were pretty impressive on their home ground. Linked up really well. Had a lot of front runners, but the side was too classy and those types were never going to be exposed by us. Our cause wasn't helped when 5 players didn't turn up and we were down to 17 players by 1/4 time. The overweight full forward is a class act for someone his size.
Probably our best chance at a win this weekend which will no doubt see some blokes who tend to go missing put their hand up for a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goise if you could let us know the name of the player that was not rotated im sure i can give you a explanation.

Great match it was. Umpire almost ruined it and the confusion cause by him at half time was just poor. had his own agenda payed a free kick in front of goal then went about sending Ormond blokes off and walked off without letting us have the shot for goal ( i had the ball waiting for him to come back and he never did).

With the 2 songs I agree totally agree(it was the first time we have sung both) still out of habit to use "cardinals" but is getting less and less. The Richmond senior guys were in the rooms after and wanted the Snakes song so we did it. I am sure these things will iron themselves out eventually and u can shuv the "club within a club" stuff when it does.

Went down and had a look at caufield for a few quarters(live close to ferndale) They look very good, forward line is great with a good mix.

So what song will you sing when the RC seniors aren't around? The RC one or the Scotch one?

If you continue with the Scotch one, a club within a club is well and truely the case.

Then please, F45.... explain to the uneducated why the OS song is still being sung? Your side might be a respectable football playing one, but they are an otherwise bunch of w@nks that need to let go of their overinflated egos. I suggest if you've got any integrity you boycott singing the team song when your mates continue with the OS song.

Then please, F45.... explain to the uneducated why the OS song is still being sung? Your side might be a respectable football playing one, but they are an otherwise bunch of w@nks that need to let go of their overinflated egos. I suggest if you've got any integrity you boycott singing the team song when your mates continue with the OS song.

May I add that the song we do sing is not the Old Scotch song. It has been brought up time and time again in discussions at the bar and as I've said I think its plain and simple gotta be the centrals song. Because Of what happened on the weekend with the 2 songs I think it was obvious on what to do

Clubbies simply got overexcited having just got up by a point.

They only came on board six weeks ago... the point is that we have everyone at the club working to build a better club.

Seniors, Reserves, Clubbies and supporters all turned out en masse for Saturday night's function. So much for "club within a club".

Uncle Mick,

I thought you said Hampton had improved in leaps and bounds since last year?

HAHAHA, your side is pathetic. Should we be lucky enough to play the rabble in hampton again, we'll play with 8 men to make the contest interesting. Maybe then you'll get to sing the club song.

Worry about your own dismal club and let us get on with what we do best. Win matches.

It's the appaulling performances that your club puts in each week that has the VAFA questioning whether or not to cease the clubbies competition.

Do us a favour and withdraw your side from the competition, that way we don't have to get up at 7:30 am to get to your shit hole of a ground for the 4 points.

I said we've improved on last year. The weekend wasn't a good result for us. No excuses will be made. We're out there having a crack for our club. Not sulking when things don't go our way and seeking a club that will adhere to our requests and play by our rules. You've made it abundantly clear what sort of an individual you are (along with your teammates). When you show a bit of ticker I might start taking offence to cheap shots and snide remarks....

I'll give credit when credit's due...

Credit to the Hampton Rovers Football Club for somehow convincing 18 blokes to continue playing, despite the inevitable 100 point thrashing every Saturday. Fielding a Club XVIII side can be difficult, exacerbate that with a guarantee of failure and little enjoyment and it's a gigantic task.

Secondly, your positive attitude to have the audacity to criticise the ladder leaders should be applauded.

Here's hoping to a win this season for the cellar dwellers.

How does the saying go? It is better to be silent and look stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.... I think you can draw the parallel and we can deal with the facts now, shall we...?
We've been beaten by 21, 50, 43 and comprehensively pantsed on the weekend. The little enjoyment you speak of would be an opinion held by yourself. The fact is that a lot of our guys haven't played much footy, let alone played together. We're aware of where we are at which is why we can walk away after most games knowing we've had a crack.

I've made no secret of the fact I consider your personnel of reasonable quality for a Club XVIII South side. And as audacious as it may seem to you, I still maintain there's a lot to be desired about the character of the individuals involved in the OS/RC transfer/merger/takeover scenario. Put simply, they are a joke. As is the credibility of any individual who represents a team and thinks supporting the senior side and turning up to a club function vindicates their want and/or need to sing a song that isn't that of the club they play for.

So, please be my guest and continue to mock all you like. By diverting the attention from yourself with the snide remarks you are effectively pointing out what everyone already knows....

I'm not sure whether the rose petal glasses you wear are inhibiting you from taking it what we've been saying or if your simply a few chromosomes short. We want to sing the RC song and regret bringing our old song over. Saturday will be the last time it's sung.

Given we have players training with the seniors and visa versa, we attend every club function and watch the seniors every Saturday, please impart your wisdom on how we could better fit in at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back