Clubbies 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect weather for football last Saturday with Old Geelong and Mazenod pushing their stakes for finals, whilst Caulfield continued on their merry way.

The nodders were just too good all day for St Mary's and never looked like losing. Could they be the surprise pack.........next few weeks will give us a lot more insight.

OGGs provided the upset of the round against the Richmond "Cardinals". After quarter time the game appears to have been evenly poised. Suspect RC may have had a few forced rotations that weakened the side.

Kew notched up their first victory for the year against a struggling Hampton. Hang in there Rovers...........it's only a 15 game season.

Ormond really took it to the undefeated Caulfield boys, but inaccuracy on the score board meant it appeared a lot closer than it could have been.

So on the back of these results, am really narrowing the finals race down to five sides - Caulfield, Richmond, Old Geelong, Mazenod and Ormond. This weeks top of the table clash will show us who the benchmark of the competition will be............

HUGE week of footy this weekend in the south with top 2 playing off and the next 3 playing the bottom. chance for teams to catch up or cause an upset.

my tips

Old Geelong wont make it any easier for Hampton

Mazenod in a closer than expected match over kew

Ormond to get over the sainters

Richmond Central to start a game well for the first time and get up by a kick

Kidding yourself, knackers. I would say from what I've seen in the past season and 5 weeks you won't get near Caulfield. And after last week, it's fair to say you're a bit behind Geelong as well.
Agree with your winners for this round bar the biased tip on your game. Caulfield by plenty.

Kidding yourself, knackers. I would say from what I've seen in the past season and 5 weeks you won't get near Caulfield. And after last week, it's fair to say you're a bit behind Geelong as well.
Agree with your winners for this round bar the biased tip on your game. Caulfield by plenty.

Now come on aunty Mick, You can't tip against the team you play for. I'd be done for treason! bad start against OGS and a few rotations will be interesting to see them later in season. Caufield out in front at the moment by a few lengths, but this is clubbies footy!

i agree with f45 mick, cant tip against ur own team can you?

im a dees suporter and have been tipping against them for years but couldnt tip against a team i play for, need the confidence and belief!

ogs over hampton

centrals over caulfield

ormond over st marys

nodders over kew

i agree with f45 mick, cant tip against ur own team can you?

im a dees suporter and have been tipping against them for years but couldnt tip against a team i play for, need the confidence and belief!

ogs over hampton

centrals over caulfield

ormond over st marys

nodders over kew

maybe sportsbet are offering odds too hard to refuse, Uncle may have loaded up!

My tips for tomorrow as follows:

Hampton vs Old Geelong - despite being at home and with a few handy inclusions, can't see the Rovers matching it with the OGs. Don't expect a blow out though.

Mazenod vs Kew - the nodders are on a bit of a roll and whilst I anticipate a close game, they will be too strong for an under-rated Kew.

Ormond vs St Mary's - home side will be too strong as they look to stay in touch with the finals race.

Richmond Central vs Caulfield - much anticipated top of the ladder clash which will be won or lost in first qtr one would suspect. Caulfield too strong for mine.

Good luck to all teams.

Not sure where the Richmond Central boys have gone, but here is my wrap up of the weekends games:

Hampton vs Old Geelong - as expected the OGGs were too strong with Vickers-Willis adding another five goals to his season tally. Note that Old Geelong have replaced RC in the top two.

Mazenod vs Kew - was expecting a closer one here, but the Nodders are really pushing for respect in this competition. Margin could have been a lot more if not for inaccurate kicking. Davis looks a danger up forward with six to his name.

Ormond vs St Mary's - upset of the round for mine. Was pretty even all day and could have gone either way. Credit to St Mary's for hanging on.

Richmond Central vs Caulfield - quality battle up until half time before the fielders showed why they are the undefeated side of the competition.

Very interesting round ahead with 1 vs 8, 2 vs 4, 3 vs 5, 6 vs 7.

Now come on aunty Mick, You can't tip against the team you play for. I'd be done for treason! bad start against OGS and a few rotations will be interesting to see them later in season. Caufield out in front at the moment by a few lengths, but this is clubbies footy!

I'm a realist, champ. And the past fortnight suggests you should be too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a really good game of footy on Saturday @ KB and was still up for Grabs in the last quarter. Caufields ability to switch the ball and hit targets is quality. All is not lost and anyone can still win the flag from here.

from the other games I was surprised to see St Marys get up and last years runners up have got to get it together before they fall behind to much. Does make the RC St Marys game vital for both teams.

Match of the round will be the Nodders vs. OLD Geelong

Goise you are boring everyone.

Pickle its because when you and I were kids growing up you wouldn't let me kick goals in the back yard or even in hallway footy, so I am making up for lost time by snagging a few. hahaha

On the Other hand lets talk this weeks tips

Caufield by a huge one over Hampton

Old Geelong to take Care of Mazenod

Richmond Central back on the winners list against the Sainters

Ormond to Fight back Against Kew

Wet weather football will be the story of the weekend and that leads to my tips for tomorrow:

Hampton vs Caulfield - the fielders will be too classy for the rovers and keep their unbeaten record in tact.

Old Geelong vs Mazenod - both teams in red hot form, but will go for the home team to make best use of Como Park.

St Mary's vs Richmond Central - if word on the street is correct, the points will go to RC, perhaps enough to get their season back on track.

Kew vs Ormond - both sides desperately need to win if they want to partake in finals action. Ormond will be more desperate to get back to levels of last year.

Bring on the rains!!!!!!!!!!!

Results as expected on the weekend meaning we have five clear challengers for the top four spots:

Hampton vs Caulfield - the home side was never really in the contest as the fielders continued on their merry way with Brett Scott bagging a lazy 10, assisted greatly from the midfielders delivery. Standout side of the competition.

Old Geelong vs Mazenod - looks like inaccurate kicking in the third quarter kept this game closer than it should have been. Vickers-Willis continues to dominate up forward as OGs seem to hold onto second position.

St Mary's vs Richmond - disappointing to hear the news of St Mary's withdrawal from the competition. Expect lack of numbers were the primary issue behind this as they weren't out of their depths in this competition.

Kew vs Ormond - the monders are just hitting their straps and held Kew goalless post quarter time. Good team effort and plenty of goalkickers to boot. Have to be the smokey of the competition right now.........

Looking at this weeks game..

Caufield have the week off

Richmond Central to beat Hampton....Uncle Mick make yourself known after and we will all share a beer and a yarn!

Old Geelong to beat Kew by a big margain.

In the match of the round I will go with Ormond over Mazenod by 13 points

happy tipping

If only champ. I'm unavailable the next few weeks. Even before I knew of the events leading to RC having a side, I was really looking fwd to this game. Hopefully I'll get the chance to play on the hallowed turf of KB Reserve next season.
I'll take those tips too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back