Clubbies 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where were these 40 other guys last year? Why did they not play for the team that had not enough players to field a team???

Or are you saying that 40 guys are new to the club this year?

If 40-50 players have switched clubs then why don't they have two teams? Clubbies does allow for up to 8 on the bench.

Sounds like many blokes will be sitting on the sidelines this year.

For the guy before who asked if we were involved or approached another club you are correct. We had 2 other clubs that were willing to take us on board but the logistics and getting a different ground was a bit to much. thats why Richmond central with just 2 teams has been amazing an having KB reserve is great. as last year we trained on camberwell and played at st james park.

last year when the other team didnt have a enough we had struggled with injury and people going away. maybe we should of sacrificed a few of the bench.yet having said that i'm not in the position to say whether or not somone was approached for numbers.

We have at least 20 new players this year and a few people for last year are away long term or have different work comitments so there is normally around 40 available each week. having the rotation system is as small price to play. Also before you ask every single player will be rotated around no matter of ability. last week 2 blokes who kicked 7, our captain and one of our best backman all were rotated

Anyway.... this has received far too much air time. I think it says enough about the group that they're on here trying to defend their actions.

Moving on to a worthwhile topic and all games should be interesting on the weekend.
HR are expecting some massive inclusions this weekend. Should be enough to get them over the line at home against the only side they beat last year.
The club within a club should just get over the line against a Mazenod side who have started the season pretty well.
The Fields in a tight one over OG.
Kew aren't without a chance of their first win this weekend, but I suspect SMS will be too good.

Anyway.... this has received far too much air time. I think it says enough about the group that they're on here trying to defend their actions.

Moving on to a worthwhile topic and all games should be interesting on the weekend.
HR are expecting some massive inclusions this weekend. Should be enough to get them over the line at home against the only side they beat last year.
The club within a club should just get over the line against a Mazenod side who have started the season pretty well.
The Fields in a tight one over OG.
Kew aren't without a chance of their first win this weekend, but I suspect SMS will be too good.

Here, Here. I'm glad we can use this forum for it's intended purpose.

This week I'm going

Ormond over Hampton - last years form can't be ignored
RC over Mazenod - can't tip against yourself
Caulfield over Geelong - Caulfield look to be the team to beat
St Mary's over Kew - hard to see the brown and gold winning a game this year. Possibly against Hampton

This week I'm going

St Mary's over Kew - hard to see the brown and gold winning a game this year. Possibly against Hampton

no need to be nasty AHP

my tips
ormond over hampton - heard they are a fit side and hampton struggled last weekend only kicking 1 goal after half time - ormond by 7 goals

RCAFC to beat mazenod - close game, and RC first game in the yellow and black at KB reserve but mazenod coming from higher grades - RC by 4 goals

Caulfield to draw with geelong - caul were a good team last year and have looked to start the season well but didnt put kew away last week and OG thumped st marys
10.8.68 - 8.20.68

Kew and St marys - cant pick a winner, its like richmond vs adelaide, no one knows how to win - kew at home by 4 points

My tips, to be interesting.

Ormond to take the buttered confection against a legless Hampton. Despite Hampton having some very good players, the depth just isnt there and they will be run over by a more even ormond side.-8 goals

RCC will win their first game on KB reserve, apparently in their new kit as everyone keeps saying. Should be a close game though, first chance for the new boys from RC to see where they are at against a talented Mazenod outfit.-1 kick

Caufield will collect the chocolates against Old Geelong, despite not taking kew to the cleaners last game, the will be too good for them men from over the westage...(or como park). Kew are not the worst team this year, they will win a few cheeky games.-6 goals

Kew will pick up an important 4 points against ST mary's here. The boys from Ferndale will have nothing compared the the Robbie kearn's fury after the storm collapse. he should lift the brown and Gold to a victory

Hey boys, Not going to hide myself, I'm a proud RCAFC clubbie. Very happy with the new home and the results thus far. Going to be an exciting season.

Go Centrals

CENTRALS 2010!:eek:

Hey boys, Not going to hide myself, I'm a proud RCAFC clubbie. Very happy with the new home and the results thus far. Going to be an exciting season.

Go Centrals

This week I'm going

For the guy before who asked if we were involved or approached another club you are correct. We had 2 other clubs that were willing to take us on board but the logistics and getting a different ground was a bit to much. thats why Richmond central with just 2 teams has been amazing an having KB reserve is great. as last year we trained on camberwell and played at st james park.

last year when the other team didnt have a enough we had struggled with injury and people going away. maybe we should of sacrificed a few of the bench.yet having said that i'm not in the position to say whether or not somone was approached for numbers.

We have at least 20 new players this year and a few people for last year are away long term or have different work comitments so there is normally around 40 available each week. having the rotation system is as small price to play. Also before you ask every single player will be rotated around no matter of ability. last week 2 blokes who kicked 7, our captain and one of our best backman all were rotated

Get off you high horses, shouldn't you be receiving red cards on the Essendon boards? You're work has been particularly disappointing, alabama hot pocket, since the infamous red card spree of 2007....I'm back after an absence of nearly 2 years to stir the pot.

Good afternoon fellow Clubbians,

After a few weeks it looks as tho the clubbie divisions have taken a little bit more shape.

In Div one

its melbournians ) any shed light on if this is the same as the clubbies side of last year that beat everyone on there way to a flag by 100 points)
and the ever strong Xavs leading the way

In the north

Three teams remain unbeaten with Controversial Essendon leading from TP and Williamstown

In the South

Richmond leads the way from Caufield but it is very tight.

Anyone watch any games on the weekend?

Hoping someone will ask so you can tell us about Old Scotch/Richmond Central?
In a game marred by strong winds the HR v Ormond contest was close to half time. The superior fitness of Ormond ran away with it in the 2nd half.
Umpire Superbad was pretty ordinary. Struggled to keep up with the game and did a fair bit of second guessing. Sent 3 players off for cursing themselves after poor disposal. Thought 2 of them were pretty ordinary given I was closer to the players than the players were to the boundary and I couldn't hear them swear. A few lads from both sides shared the same opinion. But that's what happens when you put a whistle in the hands of an egotist.

Hoping someone will ask so you can tell us about Old Scotch/Richmond Central?
In a game marred by strong winds the HR v Ormond contest was close to half time. The superior fitness of Ormond ran away with it in the 2nd half.
Umpire Superbad was pretty ordinary. Struggled to keep up with the game and did a fair bit of second guessing. Sent 3 players off for cursing themselves after poor disposal. Thought 2 of them were pretty ordinary given I was closer to the players than the players were to the boundary and I couldn't hear them swear. A few lads from both sides shared the same opinion. But that's what happens when you put a whistle in the hands of an egotist.

Come on Uncle Mick....... you know that is exactly why I logged on hahahaha.

I agree with you, The Standard of the umps in the grade is a little poor but its because we are in the lower leagues and have to have a club umpire each week. I know that the VAFA has asked for anyone who wants to make some cash for there club to do a bit of umpiring in clubbies games.

Then don't disappoint. Do tell.....?

I actually don't have a gripe with the standard of umpiring as a whole. Our first season of Clubbies last year was of a reasonable umpiring standard considering the grade and besides the weekend, I reckon they've been good this season. He struck me as one overweight egotist looking for some easy $$ on a Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yer you get that from time to time. We have had some ok umps this year. I had the pleasure of umpiring our game against hampton and we had another team mate umpire this week who went well. I guess it is a thankless job.

Like everyone else the wind played havoc early and both teams tried to settle. We then got the upper hand with the wind in the second getting a healthy lead at half time. They came back early in the third but any comeback was held up by a few quick ones against the wind (about 5 of the games 22 were kicked to that end). In the last we attacked for the most of quarter as everyone ran out of legs. Ormond a bigger test next week

Thankless if you're not getting $$. Otherwise you're being paid to provide a service and on the weekend in our game the fella wasn't up to scratch.

Do you know how or if there is a way to report such a thing. Do the captains or coaches fill out a report at the end of the game. surely they do but how honestly are they filled out. you may slag some one off and not get the decisions the week after

This week

Richmond will have to much for Ormond, however its a great chance for both teams to test each other, both premiership contenders.

Mazenod will get over hampton. Hampton arnt the worst in this league however mazenod will be furious with last weeks result and will come out flying.

OG will go to town on Kew. Kew dont have the cattle to put up a fight here. Another premership fabourite OG will want to show the comp their best.

Caufield should take to chocolates over St Mary. Caufield, RC, Ormond, OG seem to be the finals teams already for mine

This week

Richmond will have to much for Ormond, however its a great chance for both teams to test each other, both premiership contenders.

Mazenod will get over hampton. Hampton arnt the worst in this league however mazenod will be furious with last weeks result and will come out flying.

OG will go to town on Kew. Kew dont have the cattle to put up a fight here. Another premership fabourite OG will want to show the comp their best.

Caufield should take to chocolates over St Mary. Caufield, RC, Ormond, OG seem to be the finals teams already for mine

Wouldn't discount Mazenod from finals billing. Poor performance last week, but they rolled Ormond the week before. Caulfield definitely the team to beat, but the others mentioned aren't without a chance.

Hampton will be happy to get half it's side back from that bloody Groove in the Moo festival last weekend.

in the early match Richmond Central by a few @ KB in RC's first big test of the season

I'll pick Uncle Micks men by a goal over the nodders

Old Geelong to smash the Kew boys at como in a big % booster.

In the Final Match the ferndale boys will put up a fight but get run over by the Grammarians by 8 goals

Happy tipping

RC to beat ormond by 5 or 6 with some big guns having a rest

hampton to beat mazenod, the nods will still be very sore and tired after last week

OG to pull kews pants down

caulfield to kick 25 goals against the saints

RC to beat ormond by 5 or 6 with some big guns having a rest

hampton to beat mazenod, the nods will still be very sore and tired after last week

OG to pull kews pants down

caulfield to kick 25 goals against the saints

big guns having a rest? would that be some mids who have played the last 3 games?

how will you go without them chaz051?

few rest, few more come in, C Dufour is back, better than ever. should be fine to put on a big show this weekend, who do you play for Goise?

only time well tell goise, but the RC squad is deep and should take care of ormond this week

as presti said, where do you come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back