• Lade

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Other

Votes: 44 33.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As though it already wasn't, 'from what I've heard' has become an entirely worthless phrase throughout this saga.

I heard that too. 👍

I just heard from here that Scott Selwood is interested in being assistant and I like what I heard.

Fair enough, MEGA does sound better.
I was thinking if we got Sumich as coach and to look orange, the fox sports team would be right behind us, they could get Richo to interview Suma after the games, for that real high end intellectual stuff.
Would love to see Suma with a blonde comb over and a fake orange tan...

Last edited:
Would certainly help fill 600 hours of nonsense trade radio rambling

Trade Radio is great, it's like slapstick comedy on the wireless.

David Schwartz: Now we're gonna hear from Nicky Dal with a hot trade rumour!

old car horn sound effect

Nick Dal Santo: Thanks Schwarta. West Coast, I've got a trade proposal, a bit from left field. They give up Harley Reid for Essendon's 4th round pick and the Eagles agree to play all future finals at the MCG.

boooiiinnnggg sound effect

Schwartz: Well you heard I here first folks! Sounds like an amazing deal West Coast couldn't say no to! We'll be right back to discuss after these 7 minutes of gambling ads!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Radio is great, it's like slapstick comedy on the wireless.

David Schwartz: Now we're gonna hear from Nicky Dal with a hot trade rumour!

old car horn sound effect

Nick Dal Santo: Thanks Schwarta. West Coast, I've got a trade proposal, a bit from left field. They give up Harley Reid for Essendon's 4th round pick and the Eagles agree to play all future finals at the MCG.

boooiiinnnggg sound effect

Schwartz: Well you heard I here first folks! Sounds like an amazing deal West Coast couldn't say no to! We'll be right back to discuss after these 7 minutes of gambling ads!
Trade Radio - chances are you're about to lose...

And do what exactly? Players are all on holiday, as are the coaches, or they will be soon anyway.

New coach to sit in his office twiddling his thumbs?
I would have thought planning and speaking with the recruitment department about what sort of team they would like to put together over the next 3 years might be a good use of time that doesn't require the players to be there. There is an urgency now to get a coach locked away soon so planning can commence.

I would have thought planning and speaking with the recruitment department about what sort of team they would like to put together over the next 3 years might be a good use of time that doesn't require the players to be there. There is an urgency now to get a coach locked away soon so planning can commence.
Any prospective candidate would already have an idea of what they want and would have a good idea of the list already, one would presume.

A week isn't going to have any bearing on those discussions.

Any prospective candidate would already have an idea of what they want and would have a good idea of the list already, one would presume.

A week isn't going to have any bearing on those discussions.
They wont be sitting in an office twiddling their thumbs will they?
The incoming coach may well have an idea of what he wants but there will be a lot still to go through with the recruitment team in looking at various scenarios etc- things dont always fall the way you expect so having multiple back up plans will take time to plan correctly.
I would argue they need all the time they can get given we are only a couple of weeks away from the trade period. I dont think the decision is being delayed any more than practical but to infer that the incoming coach will have SFA to do until the players return from leave is an interesting take.

They wont be sitting in an office twiddling their thumbs will they?
The incoming coach may well have an idea of what he wants but there will be a lot still to go through with the recruitment team in looking at various scenarios etc- things dont always fall the way you expect so having multiple back up plans will take time to plan correctly.
I would argue they need all the time they can get given we are only a couple of weeks away from the trade period. I dont think the decision is being delayed any more than practical but to infer that the incoming coach will have SFA to do until the players return from leave is an interesting take.
Any incoming coach would know exactly what they want and what they plan to do.

This late in the piece, they probably won't have much to do with the list management side anyway and each coach is completely different in that regard to begin with.

Realistically, they'll be briefed on potential trade targets and will probably share their thoughts but the ND isn't for another 2 months and that's when the bulk of the new players will be joining the club.

Get him to fly into Busso and get a cab up.
From what I've heard, this is close. Reason for announcement delay is the board is still debating whether catching a bus would be more frugal. Paying for the interviewee's taxis to meetings put coupla noses out of joint. Soft cap concerns.

Any incoming coach would know exactly what they want and what they plan to do.

This late in the piece, they probably won't have much to do with the list management side anyway and each coach is completely different in that regard to begin with.

Realistically, they'll be briefed on potential trade targets and will probably share their thoughts but the ND isn't for another 2 months and that's when the bulk of the new players will be joining the club.
So the coach will know exactly what they want but it is too late now for them to have input in trades which may heavily effect our draft hand ?
The recruitment team will trade who they want with virtually no input into the style of play the coach wants to implement and what his prioities are for that game style to work.
And this is your argument against apponting the coach as soon as practical?

So the coach will know exactly what they want but it is too late now for them to have input in trades which may heavily effect our draft hand ?
The recruitment team will trade who they want with virtually no input into the style of play the coach wants to implement and what his prioities are for that game style to work.
And this is your argument against apponting the coach as soon as practical?
The list management team will have an approach. It doesn't take weeks for a new coach to have a 2 hour appointment with them outlining his vision before trade week.

They also may have very well appointed them but are waiting on a few other things to line up before announcing it.

It really isn't going to matter if it's tomorrow or next Tuesday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back