Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Might get shot down, but honestly wouldn't be against Buckley...
No reason to be shot down.
A few years out looking in could do wonders for ideas and game plans.
I would say a well paid, non stress job still doing and talking about what you love in the media would make it hard getting back into the stressful coalface of a team as coach.

I think though Cox is probably the pick though. Sydney such a well oiled machine he would have some very good ideas and wouldn't be going the soft approach.

He’s expressly denied there’s any such agreement. More than once.
Where is the link of him saying that on camera?

He is clearly being groomed to take over from Hinkley. And Hinkley is clearly close to the end at Port. He pulled out of applying for coaching jobs last year after initially showing interest in them. That usually only happens because the club they are at makes certain guarantees to them whether they want to publicise it or not.

You really are a p*** weak poster. Wanting to argue a point without taking a counter position on here. Again. 500 times a day.

If you think Carr is going to apply for the position and go through a formal process and compete for the gig at our club then say that. Say it loudly and clearly. Take a position for the first time in your posting history. And then we will see who is right and who is wrong when the interviews begin.

He is clearly being groomed to take over from Hinkley. And Hinkley is clearly close to the end at Port. He pulled out of applying for coaching jobs last year after initially showing interest in them. That usually only happens because the club they are at makes certain guarantees to them whether they want to publicise it or not.

You really are a p*** weak poster. Wanting to argue a point without taking a counter position on here. Again. 500 times a day.

If you think Carr is going to apply for the position and go through a formal process and compete for the gig at our club then say that. Say it loudly and clearly. Take a position for the first time in your posting history. And then we will see who is right and who is wrong when the interviews begin.

On camera? That’s the criteria, is it?

I googled “Josh Carr succession” and got multiple stories about him and the club denying there was any such thing.

But you’ve stated it as fact so of course it is fact unless multiple people can come up with sworn corroborating evidence to the contrary, and even then it probably doesn’t count because because they’re lying. That’s how you treat “facts”.

And if you think calling me pissweak is going to stop me calling you out every time you make up shit and present it as fact, good luck. The only thing that’s likely to stop me is the sheer workload involved in pointing out every time you make shit up.

I've always liked the way Jaymie Graham goes about things, he just sounds like a coach when he speaks. He's worked with us before and has done a good job with Freo's young group in the last two seasons. If I had a 'move to' button though for any coach i'd insert at West Coast it would have to be Chris Scott & allow him to pick his own assistants.

I personally don't want an ex player as coach, having said that if one of them is deemed the best available then so be it.

I would be seriously having a chat to Nathan Buckley and to Chris Scott. I think they will bring the necessary balance on development but also discipline and dedication to the group that they need so badly.

Both could be looking for a new challenge and they would surely know we are the most resourceful club in the land.

Those two would be my first point of call. Neither has stepped foot in the club, they won't know a soul and they won't be influenced by passed history.

Player unrest won't be just with the senior coach. I suspect an entire coaching panel will be freshened up.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Totally agree, pity they don't leave with Simmo. He's copped the chop whilst the assistants who were supposed to help him haven't been held responsible. None of our assistants would get a gig at another club.
It's a pity that one of them will take over for the remainder of the season.
We could do worse than bring in Peter Sumich.
Also need to clean out player development management and coaches as their record is even worse than Simmos.
Have a look at the quality people some teams in Melbourne have in Player development.
Pies : Josh Fraser Melb : Choco Williams
Football Managers
Leon Cameron Swans
Alan Richardson Melb.
Daniel McPherson Bombers
Brad Lloyd Carlton
WTF have we got

You realise there’s a difference between this and simply saying “he’s denied any arrangement with Hinkley exists”, right?

I personally don't want an ex player as coach, having said that if one of them is deemed the best available then so be it.

I would be seriously having a chat to Nathan Buckley and to Chris Scott. I think they will bring the necessary balance on development but also discipline and dedication to the group that they need so badly.

Both could be looking for a new challenge and they would surely know we are the most resourceful club in the land.

Those two would be my first point of call. Neither has stepped foot in the club, they won't know a soul and they won't be influenced by passed history.

"I personally don't want an ex player as coach...." and not even a line later.... "I would be seriously having a chat to Nathan Buckley and to Chris Scott."

edit: unless you mean ex-eagles player?

On the afl website. Go do your own research.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

"I personally don't want an ex player as coach...." and not even a line later.... "I would be seriously having a chat to Nathan Buckley and to Chris Scott."

edit: unless you mean ex-eagles player?

Of course I meant an ex eagle!!
All coaches are ex players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always liked the way Jaymie Graham goes about things, he just sounds like a coach when he speaks. He's worked with us before and has done a good job with Freo's young group in the last two seasons. If I had a 'move to' button though for any coach i'd insert at West Coast it would have to be Chris Scott & allow him to pick his own assistants.

Go and talk to anyone at East Perth when he was the coach there and you will think differently .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You got this

Ken Hinkley Football GIF by Port Adelaide FC

Would be surprised if Chris Scott had any interest in leaving Geelong - signed a new contract last year that takes him through to 2026 and seems well settled there. No harm in asking though

And if we’re going after Hail Mary’s might as well ask John Longmire if he’s keen

More likely it’ll be a first time coach

Plenty of options amongst the assistant coaching ranks but the one who most interests me is Ash Hansen

He’s been away for the club for a long time now and has done a significant apprenticeship at the Bulldogs and Carlton

I do like the cognitive dissonance between “Sam Mitchell won the 2018 flag” and “Jaymie Graham would be an awful coach”.

Not saying I want Graham, just saying something doesn’t track.

My smokie would be Adrian Hickmott

Was an assistant in both 2015 and 2018. Was well respected by the players and was poached by Sam Mitchell as an assistant at the end of 2021

His two sons are both still living in Perth and playing footy for Subiaco so he still has connections here

Be interesting to see if Scooter Selwood creeps into contention. By all reports a really great footy brain and brilliant team guy. Apprenticeship at Collingwood also bodes well, and unlikely to rise further up the ranks there in the medium term so likely would be looking for opportunity too.

Development coach his main area of expertise, which would be a great fit for a young rebuilding list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back