Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Been a big few days.

As it stands we can rule out the following as Head Coach for 2025:

Adam Simpson
Dean Cox
Bob Newhart
Jarrad Schofield

Biden quitting the presidential race is interesting. Maybe eyeing the Eagles job.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Ok…now we’re cookin’! Outside the box thought as opposed to just taking assistant coach x from a current top team

Just gonna say that the last time the Lions GM of footy went to coach the spooner, it didn't go so well...

Just gonna say that the last time the Lions GM of footy went to the spooner, it didn't go so well...

Very true, but just glad to hear (if the report is true) that they’re casting a wide net to consider all options.

This list might require something from outside the box over the next few years to get things back on track…

I wouldn't be opposed to ken but it would be rather funny. He would need to be moved on once we are in top 8

Here's a list of things that describe Hinkley we all need to be aware of. Came up by power fans

Kern
Father figure
Hinkleythink
Great intellect
Country bumpkin
Bald man
Donna Hinkley
Stinkers
Money
Work hardery for longery
Bells park flag
Jordan Hinkley (IT guy for port whom we need to hire likely as well)
He loves ham and cheese toasties
We probs need to sponsor his roller blinds
Geelong player from handbagger days
He loves Greyhound racing and shoots dogs
Daddy donuts

Last edited:
I wouldn't be opposed to ken but it would be rather funny. He would need to be moved on once we are in top 8

Here's a list of things that describe Hinkley we all need to be aware of. Came up by power fans

Kern
Father figure
Hinkleythink
Great intellect
Country bumpkin
Bald man
Donna Hinkley
Money
Work hardery for longery
Bells park flag
Jordan Hinkley (IT guy for port whom we need to hire likely as well)
All valid points.

I mean...it's honestly not the worst idea in the world when you think about it. The next coach isn't gonna be a premiership coach, it'll be a rebuilding coach. Hinkley rebuilt a Port list from losing to a first year Gold Coast team to a multi time top 4 finishing team. You can understand the vision when you think about it.

I been saying for a week now that they need an experienced coach in there because a new guy will get eaten alive by how rubbish this team is.
What? This thread is doing my head in. Hinkley is a proven failure. It is an absolute travesty that hasn't at least made a GF with the list he's had (or really two squads that had that potential).

Buckley is also a proven failure. His replacement got the team into a prelim the year after Bucks was sacked -definitive proof that he was a spud that couldn't manage to get the most out of his list.

It has been the high rated assitants that have been impressing in the last few years (McRae and Kingsley). Go grab the next highest rated, and if we're worried about their ability to cope with pressure, bring an experienced ex coach in as footy GM (eg Woosha).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The single worst thing that can happen to wce is we appoint a coach and the entire squad gets to the point in which they have no respect for.

Almost a David noble and David Teague scenario is doomsday. Whatever happens our number 1 goal is to prevent that mutiny. Doomsday because it would likely occurs during Tasmania starting

Simmo never ever had that level of muity. All players respected him as a premiership coach and at worst thought his time had passed. Not that they had no confidence in him they still listened.

We may be in a financial position to accept mutiny but in no list management position to take on mutiny

I don’t disagree…

I’m just saying that a coach like Buckley would walk into the club and draw instant respect and command a level of professionalism within the entire coaching staff and playing list that perhaps a new / unseasoned coach may not.

In order for WCE to have long-term success, big changes are still needed. Passengers from board level down to boot-studder level need weeding out. Certain players need to be told in no uncertain terms ‘goodbye’ and key appointments need to be made that will entice and harbour a culture of success.

Buckley could certainly be that flagship coach, a potential drawcard that entices professional support coaches, highly experienced list management personnel and a star line up of players to West Coast.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah wouldn't mind him at the club , would be a bit like when Malthouse came over.
A big shake up.

Surely we can do better though

Yeah definitely.

I think he'd drive standards up with a bit of a hard edge which is what we're crying out for right now though.

AKA I'm huffing a whole bunch of copium right now coz I spend a fair bit of my time making fun of him externally with footy following mates. 🥲

Yeah definitely.

I think he'd drive standards up with a bit of a hard edge which is what we're crying out for right now though.

AKA I'm huffing a whole bunch of copium right now coz I spend a fair bit of my time making fun of him externally with footy following mates. 🥲
If we're going for an established coach I reckon we'd be better off with Buckley

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back