Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

The scary thing is that it will be the diversity hire Woketards and S***Libs on our Board who will be making the decision on the new coach. The same people who have driven the bus off the cliff in the first place. I have zero confidence in these clowns.

I imagine they will be prioritising candidates for the job who have their preferred gender pronouns in their Twitter bio and agree that toxic masculinity and climate change are the two biggest problems facing the club.
Now I hope we hire Laidley just to watch your brain melt through your skull like Chernobyl.

The scary thing is that it will be the diversity hire Woketards and S***Libs on our Board who will be making the decision on the new coach. The same people who have driven the bus off the cliff in the first place. I have zero confidence in these clowns.

I imagine they will be prioritising candidates for the job who have their preferred gender pronouns in their Twitter bio and agree that toxic masculinity and climate change are the two biggest problems facing the club.

Completely unhinged as per normal :$

Seeing everyone is rolling out ex-players as coaching candidates I’ve come up with a couple of extra names.

All were head coaches too.

Scott Watters
Bluey McKenna

Don Pyke - heard he recently had coffee with Dean Cox. Wonder if Pyke was seeing he could have his old job back.

Just joking on three accounts.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shouldn't you've happy we have Pyke as CEO? He has that camp which I'm sure you loved because it went against woke

Completely unhinged as per normal :$
Yeah, your right. This Board have done a great job. They have taken the richest and most well resourced club in the land whose processes and departments were the gold standard template for the whole comp and turned it into a laughing stock and run it into the ground to the point that it is facing the biggest, longest and most painful rebuild any club has ever endured in the modern era. We may well end up having spent a decade out of finals before this is over.

These idiots thought we had a top 8 list 15 months ago. We should all be totally comfortable with them making the calls.

Yeah, your right. This Board have done a great job. They have taken the richest and most well resourced club in the land whose processes and departments were the gold standard template for the whole comp and turned it into a laughing stock and run it into the ground to the point that it is facing the biggest, longest and most painful rebuild any club has ever endured in the modern era. We may well end up having spent a decade out of finals before this is over.

These idiots thought we had a top 8 list 15 months ago. We should all be totally comfortable with them making the calls.
1721538686862.png

and what does this have to do with the woke mind virus?

Mmhmm.. certainly no rant there, no siree.

I would have thought the “gold standard template” you refer to is the domain of Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn. After all, according to some we have only been just above average and if you recall, our last flag was a complete fluke.

The board have absolutely zero to do with the day to day running of the football club. There has been a whole confluence of issues which has led to the situation.

Some changes have been made, we are embarking on the process of finding a new coach to oversee the development of youth and rejuvenation of the playing list. We have some good young players with more to come in. Certainly big changes needed now in the coaching structure and again, a real focus on development, what needs to be done to fast track the build of the list.

We are year 4 out of the finals. Possibly another 2 or 3 which takes us to 7, but provided we re-establish the home ground (say winning 9) and snagging a few away, that’s enough for a 7th or 8th spot to get back in.

Keep calm 🙂 Trust that things will improve!

WC should go after Longmire or Buckley. They're both straight shooters, experienced and command respect, which is important with a young squad like ours. It would also piss Sumich off, which makes these options even more attractive.
The more apparent the state of our club becomes the more I think we need an experienced coach even if it's for 2 years and buckley fits the bill and a campaigner that we need to right the ship and not tolerate the players that don't put in effort.

I don't think Longmire would come over at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we get the Buckley and Pendlebury package. A year of Pendlebury playing and then coach. For me l will be happy with that.
Pendlebury apparently has a basketball background, when Simmo was first sacked i immediately thought Buckley even tho im not sure i want him just seems the obvious experienced choice

On past players, we have a dearth of ex players with the strong leadership required AND current coaching credentials.
Whoosha would be great in a director role but isn't an active coach.

Please don't joke about getting woosh back at the club, if we go with Scooter Selwood I'd legit love to do that director of coaching thing some clubs do and get John back in the blue and gold. Could only work with a young coach you'd think.

Without getting too creative cause I very much doubt we sack the entire coaching panel [even tough that'd be great] I'd be ptreey happy with.

Scott Selwood, Senior Coach.
Insert any Geelong premiership player as line coach here, Selwood pick. Let's say Stevie J forwards.
Jarrad Schofield Mids [with I hate it but Luke Shuey stoppages, surely he was smart enough to secure more than a 1 year contract.]
Harry Taylor, Backs.
John Worsfold, Director of coaching.

I don't love it, I don't hate it. Realistically I think we'll see a blend of new and old and assembling a dream team of eastern states based assistants is probably not going to happen. Tap into Worsfold's experience and general aura, let the new coach bring a right hand man, upgrade Harry Taylor from 2 days a week to full-time. Without knowing a whole lot about him as a coach in terms of style, I think Scooter had the perfect playing career- of being in the right environments at the right times, being elite enough at times as a player to know what it takes but falling short enough due to fate to have that drive required to make more of himself as a coach than he did as a player. I really like the idea of a 34 year old coach and for that to be a bloke who hasn't wrung 300 plus games out of himself but instead started as an assistant at 29.
Not a bad list, send Schofield back to Port Aelaide, the mids have been his area of expertise and what have we got to show for it.
Would also like to see Josh Kennedy as a forwards coach, he would be a a heap better than Luke Webster.
Bring in a hard arse like Choco Williams either as Player Development Manager or Director of Coaching if Woosha doesn't want the job.
Spend up big on the soft salary cap and associated penalties to build the best support staff in the competition.
We were once the envy of all the other V/AFL clubs now we are the laughing stock. They see us as an easy 4 points
on the ladder and an opportunity to boost their percentage. The clubs that get to play us twice in a season are laughing their heads off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back