Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

If we're going for an established coach I reckon we'd be better off with Buckley

I concur - has a bit more of a modern mindset too and holds himself to high standards which would be a great example for our young players.

I wouldn't be opposed to ken but it would be rather funny. He would need to be moved on once we are in top 8

Here's a list of things that describe Hinkley we all need to be aware of. Came up by power fans

Kern
Father figure
Hinkleythink
Great intellect
Country bumpkin
Bald man
Donna Hinkley
Stinkers
Money
Work hardery for longery
Bells park flag
Jordan Hinkley (IT guy for port whom we need to hire likely as well)
He loves ham and cheese toasties
We probs need to sponsor his roller blinds
Geelong player from handbagger days
He loves Greyhound racing and shoots dogs
Daddy donuts

Bold of you to assume you can get rid of him once he embeds himself like a tick. Only ken decides when ken leaves.

Hope you've got a few other vacant positions for Kenny's extended family.

Be interesting to see which we way we go, I reckon the club were just hoping to appoint Cox after Sydney's finals series finishes.

I keep hearing that Cox has publicly declared no interest - have I missed this?

Yeah he came out in the media last week and said he's staying at Sydney, think he mentioned family etc and that they're all
settled

Yeah it all means not a lot really - it's the right thing for him to do right now to remove all the chatter but he could just change his mind the day after Sydney finish their finals campaign.

Yeah it all means not a lot really - it's the right thing for him to do right now to remove all the chatter but he could just change his mind the day after Sydney finish their finals campaign.
Yeah could do, depends on the mrs and kids though. I think he's basically been told he's the succession plan for Sydney. I'd put a line through him

Got a bookie mate called John who was happy to write up a market:

$2-Graham, Hansen
$5-Buckley, Hinkley, Carr
$10-Toddy Nisbett
$12-Schofield, Leppitsch, Gia, Skipworth
$15-The GM bloke from Brisbane
$50-Ross Lyon
$100-Longmire
$500-Cox, Justin Langer, Daisy
$1000-Simmo
$1001-Suma

Odds will be adjusted according to the market.

I think it would be a good idea to get Buckley for 2 years to give us a base and some discipline then get a younger coach to pick up after that.
Buckley might be more Inclined to come over.
Also if it all works out he may want to stay on and take us further.

I wouldn't be opposed to ken but it would be rather funny. He would need to be moved on once we are in top 8

Here's a list of things that describe Hinkley we all need to be aware of. Came up by power fans

Kern
Father figure
Hinkleythink
Great intellect
Country bumpkin
Bald man
Donna Hinkley
Stinkers
Money
Work hardery for longery
Bells park flag
Jordan Hinkley (IT guy for port whom we need to hire likely as well)
He loves ham and cheese toasties
We probs need to sponsor his roller blinds
Geelong player from handbagger days
He loves Greyhound racing and shoots dogs
Daddy donuts
I don't think in any world or multiple universes that ken Hinckley would be a good option for us.
We would be going from a selfless caring coach to a totally egocentric personality that give zero ****s about anyone else.

$2-Graham, Hansen
$10-Toddy Nisbett
$50-Ross Lyon
$100-Longmire
$1000-Simmo
$1001-Suma

You heard it here first folks - chuck an avocado on me and drinks will be on you!

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Go on, come get daddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion maybe but I don’t mind the Hinkley possibility. Port fans can’t stand him but part of that seems to be that he’s been there too long in the same way Simmo had here. Think back to what he did with a young group when he started out at Port - certainly seemed to have a strong motivating effect on the group.

By all accounts he’s a very good nurturing coach who is well suited to working with young players but also not afraid to give them a spray when they need it. But there’s definitely a question mark about his tactical side and whether he’s capable of getting the best out of players, when you consider how good Port’s midfield looks on paper

Honestly think a Hinkley or Buckley to ride out the next 2-3 years and then probably hand over is our best option. Whether we can formalise some sort of succession plan to a gun assistant will be the question.

We are in for a lot more pain in the short term and we need someone to ride it out. This is a coach taking over a basket case scenario like it was for the Dees when they got Roos, as opposed to a coach taking over a side coming 12th with potential to rise up scenario.

Last edited:
Regarding Buckley has he shown any interset in the job yet.
i'd have to adjust my thinking on Buckley, After he left Brisbane to hunt a premiership with Collingwood, I was always hoping he'd never win a premiership as player or coach. Brisbane 3 Bucks nil hahah.
If he signed on with WCE for 2 years it wouldn't be for a premiership, WCE are a long way off even getting into the finals.

Regarding Buckley has he shown any interset in the job yet.
i'd have to adjust my thinking on Buckley, After he left Brisbane to hunt a premiership with Collingwood, I was always hoping he'd never win a premiership as player or coach. Brisbane 3 Bucks nil hahah.
If he signed on with WCE for 2 years it wouldn't be for a premiership, WCE are a long way off even getting into the finals.
No coach will sign on for 2 years with how shit our list is.

Minimum 4

$2-Graham, Hansen
$10-Toddy Nisbett
$50-Ross Lyon
$100-Longmire
$1000-Simmo
$1001-Suma

What price for Bevo?

On behalf of the Port Adelaide Bigfooty contingent, I would like to assure you all that Ken Hinkley is a brilliant man with lots of well thought out, practical ideas. He will ensure the success of your football club for years to come. Oh yes, and his personal hygiene is above reproach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back