Remove this Banner Ad

Ash Hansen
Adrian Hickmott
Corey Enright
Daniel Giansiracusa
Hayden Skipworth
Jarrad Schofield
Scott Selwood

That would be my shortlist assuming they all show an interest in applying. I like Hickmott as my first preference

Headhunt Dew to be in charge of development and get Mark Stone as senior assistant in charge of the midfield

Retain Shuey as he seems to have a good rapport with the young mids

Replace Knights(forwards) and Webster(backs) with the best line coaches we can source with the new coach having a say in those appointments

Not sure where Schofield sits if he misses out but wouldn’t be upset if he was retained

Ash Hansen
Adrian Hickmott
Corey Enright
Daniel Giansiracusa
Hayden Skipworth
Jarrad Schofield
Scott Selwood

That would be my shortlist assuming they all show an interest in applying. I like Hickmott as my first preference

Headhunt Dew to be in charge of development and get Mark Stone as senior assistant in charge of the midfield

Replace Knights(forwards) and Webster(backs) with the best line coaches we can source with the new coach having a say in those appointments

Not sure where Schofield sits if he misses out but wouldn’t be upset if he was retained

No Jaymie Graham?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No Jaymie Graham?

I have trouble rationally explaining it but I just don’t see him as a senior coach.

He seems a great bloke and a genuinely nice guy but not particularly authoritative. Someone who makes a good assistant but not a head coach - see Brendan Bolton, David Teague and Rhyce Shaw as examples

That’s just my impression and I could be totally off. If he’s picked as the best candidate after an extensive process then I’d have no issue with him

I have trouble rationally explaining it but I just don’t see him as a senior coach.

He seems a great bloke and a genuinely nice guy but not particularly authoritative. Someone who makes a good assistant but not a head coach - see Brendan Bolton, David Teague and Rhyce Shaw as examples

That’s just my impression and I could be totally off. If he’s picked as the best candidate after an extensive process then I’d have no issue with him
Schofield and Brayshaw talked him up on the pod last night. Said he's probably the nicest person you'll ever meet.

Also said that issues about him being firm wouldn't be an issue, because although he's not the type to give players a spray(which will disappoint a few on here I'm sure), you'd still do anything for him because he's the kind of person you'd absolutely hate to disappoint.

Kind of like that dad figure where them being disappointed in you is immensely worse than them simply being angry.

Yeah, understandable. I got the same vibe from Longmuir but he’s having a good run this year.

Its always darkest before the Dawn, no coach could help this current list. Its going to take a massive list cull and I think Schoey is the one.
People were saying the same thing about Port in 2011 and 2012, in that no coach could help get them out of the cellar.
Look at how quickly Port rose from the cellar, to being within a kick of a grand final in 2014.

No one even wanted to coach Port until Hinkley put his hand up for the job, remember that Port were linked to Terry Wallace that's how bad the situation was.

Hinkley at Port has a better win percentage than Clarkson at Hawthorn, and Hardwick at Richmond.
He is proven quality with a 60% win rate over 12 seasons, and would have won silverware with a little more luck going his way in 2014 and 2020.

Hinkley has also been a successful coach in the local leagues, having coached Bell Park to a premiership in 2003.
There is a reason why Gold Coast wanted him in 2017, Essendon wanted him in 2022 and West Coast want him now, and it's because he is a good coach.

Can't read too much into that. Bomber was probably well down the road with his "frozen water" adventures by that stage.
True enough but kind of the point I was making is that its likely that started while he was at Geelong unless we think he just picked it up as he went to Essendon. Meaning Geelongs success more likely to do with father sons, good drafting and well run club than Bomber staving off addiction long enough to not want to snack 3 quarters of the way through a game. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See West Coast fans, this bloke knows what he's talking about, and he's not even a Port supporter. Sign him up before it’s too late. Think about you’ll never get another wooden spoon with Ken Hinkley Bald Head in charge but don’t take to long. Bids are closing. So get him now!

View attachment 2056297
Stop trying to dump your rubbish on us!

If it is Hinkley it doesn't matter if he can't win finals - we aren't playing finals till 2028

This is the kinda thing I can see wc doing. KH will coach eagles while getting paid by PA, both organisation's happy. Expectation will be to build list. 4 year deal
If we are gonna get a coach for rebuild, we should look at Chocco

I think the new coach will be in for a rough ride. He won't have a flag behind him to lend credibility or credits in the bank like Simpson did. And he won't have a set of excuses (Covid and injuries) that cons the gullible section of the supporter base for several years into not believing their own eyes about how bad the performances and state of the list is like Simpson got away with.

Not sure Hinkley is cut out for it. I have seen him whingeing many times about the behaviour of the Port fanbase and they have made finals most years since he has been there. I think the new coach for us will be copping more gyp over the next 3 - 4 years than anything Hinkley has copped at Port.

Last edited:
Ash Hansen
Adrian Hickmott
Corey Enright
Daniel Giansiracusa
Hayden Skipworth
Jarrad Schofield
Scott Selwood

If up to me I wouldn't be retaining anyone from the current set up who has been involved for more than a season.

Kinda leaning towards a Buckley lead high quality assistances team set up. Surround him with the best assistance and see if he can cook.

Let’s have a cull of the board before we let those incompetent fools get a look in re the new coach!!
If it were a publicly listed company not only would they all have been fired many moons ago but they would also be facing shareholder class action lawsuits for gross negligence.

I predict many of them will be broomed out next year. Now that Nisbett and Simpson are gone they are going to be the next target for change from angry supporters and the media. The spotlight of negative attention will be firmly focussed on them very soon. They will know that too.

Ash Hansen
Adrian Hickmott
Corey Enright
Daniel Giansiracusa
Hayden Skipworth
Jarrad Schofield
Scott Selwood

They could give Schofield the job of coaching the Eagles WAFL team, he's had a lot of experience coaching and being successful at that level.

Kyal Horsley as an assistant to take over in 2026 .

Young with a sensible head on his shoulders and Kalgoorlie raised , just need an experienced coach to hand over to Horsley maybe that is Schofield .

Call me silly , new start afresh .

Kyal Horsley as an assistant to take over in 2026 .

Young with a sensible head on his shoulders and Kalgoorlie raised , just need an experienced coach to hand over to Horsley maybe that is Schofield .

Call me silly , new start afresh .
Can we expand on the value of being bred in Kalgoorlie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back