Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I feel like any new coach will also need fresh on-field talent brought to the club as well.

Here's the 26 and under cohort in our squad:

1721722992695.png

The 21-23 and 24-26 groups are especially thin for talent.

Of course it is all subjective, but I would say the following players have proven themselves to belong in any teams' best 22:
  • Allen
  • Waterman
  • H. Reid
With the following players at the very least, near best 22 for the Eagles:
  • Cole
  • Hough
  • Long
  • Ginbey
  • Hewett
  • Witherden
  • Flynn

Everyone else either hasn't developed as hoped and need to be moved on unless they quickly turn things around, or haven't had the opportunity/time required and we don't know how they will turn out yet.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I feel like any new coach will also need fresh on-field talent brought to the club as well.

Here's the 26 and under cohort in our squad:

View attachment 2056829

The 21-23 and 24-26 groups are especially thin for talent.

Of course it is all subjective, but I would say the following players have proven themselves to belong in any teams' best 22:
  • Allen
  • Waterman
  • H. Reid
With the following players at the very least, near best 22 for the Eagles:
  • Cole
  • Hough
  • Long
  • Ginbey
  • Hewett
  • Witherden
  • Flynn

Everyone else either hasn't developed as hoped and need to be moved on unless they quickly turn things around, or haven't had the opportunity/time required and we don't know how they will turn out yet.

I think Witherden is lucky to be on that list.

Could add Maric, Hutchinson, B Williams and maybe J Williams as well to the second list.

Absolutely we need talent, but there are 5 you named and 3 on my list (I’m not a massive B Williams fan) who are still at an age where significant improvement can be expected.

Not to mention we have a few more from the 2023 draft who hopefully make it (there are very few H Reid’s, most guys take a year or so to settle into the environment).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

really surprised Justin Leppitsch name hasn't come up more in the media sure his time at Brisbane wasn't great but he's since been at Tigers and Pies...

Ash Hansen
Adrian Hickmott
Corey Enright
Daniel Giansiracusa
Hayden Skipworth
Jarrad Schofield
Scott Selwood

That would be my shortlist assuming they all show an interest in applying. I like Hickmott as my first preference

Headhunt Dew to be in charge of development and get Mark Stone as senior assistant in charge of the midfield

Retain Shuey as he seems to have a good rapport with the young mids

Replace Knights(forwards) and Webster(backs) with the best line coaches we can source with the new coach having a say in those appointments

Not sure where Schofield sits if he misses out but wouldn’t be upset if he was retained
Brent Montgomery could be added to perhaps? Another one who is “highly regarded”…

I think Witherden is lucky to be on that list.

Could add Maric, Hutchinson, B Williams and maybe J Williams as well to the second list.

Absolutely we need talent, but there are 5 you named and 3 on my list (I’m not a massive B Williams fan) who are still at an age where significant improvement can be expected.

Not to mention we have a few more from the 2023 draft who hopefully make it (there are very few H Reid’s, most guys take a year or so to settle into the environment).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh for sure, we will all have differing opinions on individuals and whether they belong in the squad or not.

And yes I haven't included a lot of players that we simply don't know enough about yet because they are so young.

Hopefully a good portion of our 20 and unders turn out to be gems, but at the moment, we have far too few proven young gems.

People are blue collar, hard working ( no snobs ) i grew up there, went to school with kemps sister
Awsome place to ride motorbikes surrounded by red dirt and bush
Someone told me a story of an ex eagle from kal and tgey were saying their family were massive druggies/trouble and that player broke tye mould or etc. was it kemp?

Awsome place to ride motorbikes surrounded by red dirt and bush

I've heard enough. Is next week too soon to get the paperwork in front of Kyal?

really surprised Justin Leppitsch name hasn't come up more in the media sure his time at Brisbane wasn't great but he's since been at Tigers and Pies...

Seems to be moving away from hands on coaching to a broader strategy/off field role at Collingwood so I think the assumption is he wouldn’t be interested

Worth the club asking the question though

Adrian Hickmott I reckon
Very well regarded by current players from his time around 2018, long assistant career, currently at the Hawks who are on the up and flying.
Was mentioned by Duffield this morning but not sure where he is at in terms of moving

Someone told me a story of an ex eagle from kal and tgey were saying their family were massive druggies/trouble and that player broke tye mould or etc. was it kemp?

Been a few from Kal over the journey; Glenn O’Laughlin (sp?), Todd Holmes, Dom Sheed, Dean Kemp, Kyla Horsley off the top of my head.

I always thought DK was a really good kid. Sport was his first, second and third priority (he was a very good all rounder as a kid). Older brother played a number of games for Subiaco.

My money - it’s not Dean.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

All of a sudden the WA media and the Bigfooty believe in 100% what Will Schofield said

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd only be ok with the club reaching out to an established coach, all the other assistants should be applying for the job, not the other way round.

Just thought I’d chime in to say that the 12 threads of sack Hinkley on our page are all satire and I think he’d be the perfect fit to bring your club the ultimate success

Suspicious Futurama GIF

I'd only be ok with the club reaching out to an established coach, all the other assistants should be applying for the job, not the other way round.

This is absolutely what I hope we don't do

Anyone who wants it should apply and go through the process

Can't for the life of me understand how Buckley is so much more rated than Hinkley on here. (I don't want either tbh unless the above occurs and they are deemed the best applicants)

This is absolutely what I hope we don't do

Anyone who wants it should apply and go through the process

Can't for the life of me understand how Buckley is so much more rated than Hinkley on here. (I don't want either tbh unless the above occurs and they are deemed the best applicants)

Not necessarily speaking about Hinkely or Buckley but if the club is to poach a senior coach they need to approach. Everyone else should be lining the streets to apply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back