Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I see on the Old Girl’s footy show (360), they are saying that there’s deep internal problems at the Eagles. Kath L should stick to interviewing players at the end of the game and Robbo should write stories for Mills and Boon serials.

I see on the Old Girl’s footy show (360), they are saying that there’s deep internal problems at the Eagles. Kath L should stick to interviewing players at the end of the game and Robbo should write stories for Mills and Boon serials.
I’m more inclined to listen to a full-time rugby league follower’s opinion before anything Slobbo has to say

Well shit. How did they work that out.
I mean there's nothing at the eagles in the last 3 years that would give that away is there now.

Well shit. How did they work that out.
I mean there's nothing at the eagles in the last 3 years that would give that away is there now.

Losing by 100 points half a dozen times last year should have been a clue you'd think

Putting a couple of senior players on the market to try and generate more high draft picks though is exactly what we should be doing in our situation, and exactly what the very same media has been calling for.

The afl media are idiots

Losing by 100 points half a dozen times last year should have been a clue you'd think

Putting a couple of senior players on the market to try and generate more high draft picks though is exactly what we should be doing in our situation, and exactly what the very same media has been calling for.

The afl media are idiots
you watch 360?? any of the media for that matter???

They’re saying there are deep problems because there’s noise around Barrass and Waterman?

Haven’t the collective AFL media been screaming for us to trade players?

Yep.

It also shows they have NFI what they're talking about.

There's been noise around Barrass for 3 seasons now.

Waterman will obviously attract interest from clubs desperate for a key forward, because he's pretty much on minimum chips and a short term contract, so they'll naturally ask the question, even if he himself has given zero indication that he wants to leave.

So, broad sweeping statement without substance provided is where we’re at.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently someone called 6PR’s rumour mill and said Corey Enright is a shoo-in for the job.

Take it with a grain of salt, but it’s another name to add to the list of possibilities.

Harry Taylor handing out jobs to his mates Willy-nilly

Enright's name has been raised in here previously and he would be a strong candidate among plenty of options

Couple of articles on Montgomery’s departure from the Bulldogs in 2016

Seems like his departure at the end of the year was announced but within a week that changed to effective immediately. Possibly because Beveridge had an a “you’re with us or you’re against us” philosophy

Haven’t been able to find what he did in 2017-18 but he joined Port from 2019 until the end of 2022 when he moved to GWS

He would’ve worked with Jarrad Schofield at Port, as well as being premiership teammates in 2004. So it would be interesting to know how those two got on in terms of Schofield remaining as an assistant if Montgomery was appointed

Haven’t been able to find what he did in 2017-18 but he joined Port from 2019 until the end of 2022 when he moved to GWS

Someone posted a screenshot of his LinkedIn profile, I think he was working at one of the Melbourne private schools in that period.

Readings comments pricked my ears up for sure, but I liked what Schoey had to say tbh

Does sound like what our group needs
I agree to a point but not overly keen on someone who will drop players for not strictly adhering to a system, if that is in fact true.

Also depends on what is meant by 'system'.

If it's rigid in regards to what players can do in game, that's concerning, as instinct and flair can be driven out of players, which we'd hate to see.

If it's preparation, effort in game and things like recovery, then I'm all for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back