Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Im sold on Schofield now. 4 weeks of footy with only one game we were never in it for.

The response today in the 2nd half has sold me. In Tasmania. Backing up from last week.

Yeah, Im in the Schofield camp.

I love what Schoey's done by getting the boys just up and physical and motivated to have a scrap, finally the players are showing some balls after years or just copping it.

But let's not fall in to the same traps as North with Rhyce Shaw and Carlton with Teague...let the club go through some kind of process first.

I love what Schoey's done by getting the boys just up and physical and motivated to have a scrap, finally the players are showing some balls after years or just copping it.

But let's not fall in to the same traps as North with Rhyce Shaw and Carlton with Teague...let the club go through some kind of process first.

The club are doing the process and Schofield will apply and go through It.
Hope he gets it.

Yeah, as much as everyone wants to give him the job this week, he needs to be able to prove he has a vision for how we're going to play in the future. Certainly has us playing like the players actually care now though, unlike most of the rest of the season

Of course there has to be a process, complete no brainer

He's got some solid evidence on his resume though now and is building each week

One thing I like about Schoey is he doesn't dance around the point. He's been asked about the job several times and always made it clear that he is jonesing for it. Of course he is lucky enough to be in a position where he can say that but it makes a nice change from everyone else who is being coy.

Footy is funny. Half way through the 3rd and you'd think he shouldn't even bother applying. 45 mins later and he is the front runner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still wary of the caretaker bump, but it's been a fun run.

He'll be the frontrunner for sure, but would love to be a fly on the wall for all the interviews.

Wouldn't be concerned, great experience in the WAFL and Colts last few wins shows Schofield can get results against the grain .

Eagles we aren't great at the moment so these wins really count for something .

Between Ash Hansen , Schofield and probably one other I reckon .

2 year development role for Schofield max. I want to see him succeed, but am very cautious hiring the interim coach.

If he does well after 2 years, reevaluate. If another candidate is chosen at end if year i wont be mad.

But what happens if he’s the best in the process? Why would you give him 2 and say a Hansen/Montgomery etc 3

Paul roos and Longmire did alright as assistants taking over a role to a premiership or 2 . Buckley stepping up from an assistant nearly won a GF and Melbournes assistant to coach eventually won A GF worked ok as well .

Why not give him a year it's not like there is a standout coach we might lose by not signing him up asap etc
Would he sign up for only 1 year? I guess if he doesn't have another option he would, but will no other club need a new coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back