Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

We going to jump at anyone as soon as they mention they learnt something as a coach?

I’ve been big on Mark Stone for some time. Not really as head coach but as an assistant because he has a wealth of experience across multiple clubs

Our coaching panel becomes instantly better if he’s involved

I’ve been big on Mark Stone for some time. Not really as head coach but as an assistant because he has a wealth of experience across multiple clubs

Our coaching panel becomes instantly better if he’s involved
No doubt be a phenomenal asset, but Mark is highly unlikely to re-join the AFL Community in any capacity outside of his media commitments.
May take up the job at the Perth Demons, but the AFL is not on his radar (mind you, wasn't on his radar when coaching Glenelg to their premiership either so....)

Off Coach topic, but backroom.
Can also rule out Beau Waters joining the Eagles in the short term. He has "unfinished business" in his current role, so I'd expect won't be gettable for at least 2 years.
I'd hope we have also tapped Brett Jones to see if he is interested in coming back. Currently CEO of USA T20. Expect he has bigger fish to fry, but would be a massive asset back at the club in a board role, much like Beau.

Last edited:
As long as he reprises his appearances on Kenny Kidna's afternoon show.
I was on that show once for a music performance & interview and Kenny Kidna absolutely took the piss out of me.
Funnily enough Todd Johnston stood up for me and helped me out while I was being ripped into on TV. 😂

So we went out and got an equally slow Mitchell

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mate you cannot compare the two. Mitchell was slow but dual sided so oppo players had to slow down to approach him coz if they pressured one side he could still hit targets with the other.
Priddis was a great extractor & ball winner but his disposal by foot worked against him. His best season was when he fed our other players a lot of handballs.

Ryan Daniels

@FootyRhino
·
16s

The
@WestCoastEagles
are in advanced discussions with premiership captain Shannon Hurn on a return to the club in an assistant coaching/development role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy ****. This is not cleaning house. What the ****. We are in the process of canning or demoting shuey (i hope) and we bring in turn.

Tell the boys to get expirence outside the club first....

Not the coach, but assistant potentially

As much as I obviously love it...I don't think they should be making these kinds of moves until they have an actual coach in place..because what if the new coach wanted to being his own guys in? I know that would require sitting around for another month, but still..it's like list management, I wouldn't be getting rid of anyone until the new bloke comes in

As much as I obviously love it...I don't think they should be making these kinds of moves until they have an actual coach in place..because what if the new coach wanted to being his own guys in? I know that would require sitting around for another month, but still..it's like list management, I wouldn't be getting rid of anyone until the new bloke comes in
Maybe they do have a coach?...

Might be more of a development role than a coaching role, depending what the new coach wants.

Either that or they already know the new coach...

I think that is a solid move. Doesn't seem like we will be cleaning house of all the assistants though.

Jarrad Schofield said in an interview or press conference last week that a lot of the coaches were in limbo

All we definitively is that Knights is gone, Shuey is contracted for next year and Schofield is an applicant for the senior role

Hurn would be good working as a development coach rather than a line coach and I seem to recall him saying last year that he’d like to work with younger players. I’m also noticed him in the background in a few club videos of late

Assistant coaches are making their decisions now on where to go. If we’re not in the market looking for people now we risk missing out

Same as Bluey, at a development coach level, I don’t think the new HC is going to be too fussed. Certainly would want to bring their own senior assistants in, but if we’re serious we’ll have a far better development process than we currently do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back