Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

All these changes Pyke's making really makes you wonder what the **** Nisbett was doing since 2018.

Club really was asleep at the wheel.

I'm not being flippant but it was things like: New (crap) club song, removing the banner and running out being some blowers, standing up before the centre bounce. All the really important stuff. The club just completely lost its way.

I remember Sam Butler sheepishly talking about being part of the group that came up with running out without a banner (when Sam worked at the club in the commercial team). It sounds like we employed teams of people to come up with this crap. And now Pyke is (rightly) coming along and just putting it back to how it was.

Not to mention the revolving door of list managers that we had - Vozzo, Glass, Vozzo, RoB. Just a debacle. The strangest thing to me is Vozzo was involved into it to his eye balls, it all started going badly around COVID, he took leave from the club (and I thought something must have seriously been up with him) and then he became the CEO of Essendon ffs - so he cant have have been too bad. The whole Glass thing was bizarre too - I mean who lasts 6 months in a job like that? I dont care about this water filtration business bs. I mean RoB actually got promoted to List Manager when he probably should have been let go on his draft performances as RM. A journalist could do a really good expose/podcast on the club over past 5 years. Bet there is so much we dont know as well.

Last edited:

Mate you cannot compare the two. Mitchell was slow but dual sided so oppo players had to slow down to approach him coz if they pressured one side he could still hit targets with the other.
Priddis was a great extractor & ball winner but his disposal by foot worked against him. His best season was when he fed our other players a lot of handballs.
Honestly I'd like to see the stat's on Mitchell handballing to players a millisecond from them being tackled. It'd be extremely high.
I don't disagree he was a great player but he wasn't that with the eagles. To dismiss priddis but put Mitchell up on a pedestal during his eagles time is nuts. Both were at the end and Mitchell shouldn't have been playing ,shouldve just got him as a coach

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

There’s no way they’d be in discussions with assistants without the ok from the new head coach.

For that reason alone…and given the names that’ve been brought up, I’ll take an educated guess that…

Director of Coaching - Woosha
Head Coach - Cox
Senior Assistant - Hurn
Head of Development - McKenna

Would be a dream come true, for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There’s no way they’d be in discussions with assistants without the ok from the new head coach.

For that reason alone…and given the names that’ve been brought up, I’ll take an educated guess that…

Director of Coaching - Woosha
Head Coach - Cox
Senior Assistant - Hurn
Head of Development - McKenna

Would be a dream come true, for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Woosha's being courted for a board role, not a football one.

Succession plans rarely work out.

If the swans win the flag, you have to wonder if Longmire feels he has accomplished enough to walk away from them and start something fresh now, rather than see out the last yr of his contract.

Conversely, If they don't win and he wants to go again you risk losing the senior assistant to us. Or worse case is Longmire want a contract extension and cox is left waiting longer.

And with pyke knowing the intimate details, the Sydney situation may very well play out that one of them is our next coach!

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

West coast have a good defence, it's midfield and pressure in the forward line that is sadly lacking.

Look how many times ball come easily out of the backline and since Scofield went into head coaching and Boots took over the midfield we got pantsed.

It doesn't matter if Bailey looses the tap plenty of teams found a way against Mic Nat especially Geelong.
Well said mate. I’m surprised this doesn’t come up more often. I said repeatedly that we don’t get on the move at CBDs and nobody ( and I mean nobody ) gets close to the drop of the ball.I reckon 50% of the time the ball spills from ruck contests no more than 2-3 ms.
Our mids are stationary 4-5ms away so don’t get first hands on the pill.Cripps is big and not particularly fast but he moves and gets first hands on the ball and it’s all over.

Well said mate. I’m surprised this doesn’t come up more often. I said repeatedly that we don’t get on the move at CBDs and nobody ( and I mean nobody ) gets close to the drop of the ball.I reckon 50% of the time the ball spills from ruck contests no more than 2-3 ms.
Our mids are stationary 4-5ms away so don’t get first hands on the pill.Cripps is big and not particularly fast but he moves and gets first hands on the ball and it’s all over.
Cat's used to play behind our mids and nudge them past the ball. I feel Boots had to much silver service from Nic Nat. Boot's is a true club champion. Needs apprenticeship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not being flippant but it was things like: New (crap) club song, removing the banner and running out being some blowers, standing up before the centre bounce. All the really important stuff. The club just completely lost its way.

I remember Sam Butler sheepishly talking about being part of the group that came up with running out without a banner (when Sam worked at the club in the commercial team). It sounds like we employed teams of people to come up with this crap. And now Pyke is (rightly) coming along and just putting it back to how it was.

Not to mention the revolving door of list managers that we had - Vozzo, Glass, Vozzo, RoB. Just a debacle. The strangest thing to me is Vozzo was involved into it to his eye balls, it all started going badly around COVID, he took leave from the club (and I thought something must have seriously been up with him) and then he became the CEO of Essendon ffs - so he cant have have been too bad. The whole Glass thing was bizarre too - I mean who lasts 6 months in a job like that? I dont care about this water filtration business bs. I mean RoB actually got promoted to List Manager when he probably should have been let go on his draft performances as RM. A journalist could do a really good expose/podcast on the club over past 5 years. Bet there is so much we dont know as well.
Always thought Vozzo was the football manager (before Bell’s appointment) - not list manager - although no doubt his feedback would have been considered during draft time. Before Glass being appointed it was Brady Rawlings who was List Manager who came onboard when Simmo became coach then left some years later to return to the fold of North Melbourne. Don’t think North supporters have been overly enthused as to what he’s done at North since being appointed so just maybe the finger needs to be pointed at Brady for some of our bad decisions during draft time🤔.

I'm getting more and more hyped for kern.

We need a father figure for our club. Kern was a daddy to JHF and Rioli.

He knows how to develop midfielder of all types. Look at JHF so I have complete faith he can do the same with Harley. And butters and roozee are diff types.

Pull the trigger wce. We need a senior coach that can create a cult like bye in.

Always thought Vozzo was the football manager (before Bell’s appointment) - not list manager - although no doubt his feedback would have been considered during draft time. Before Glass being appointed it was Brady Rawlings who was List Manager who came onboard when Simmo became coach then left some years later to return to the fold of North Melbourne. Don’t think North supporters have been overly enthused as to what he’s done at North since being appointed so just maybe the finger needs to be pointed at Brady for some of our bad decisions during draft time🤔.
Wasn't it Rawlings that was responsible for drafting Brander and not Oscar with our first pick and in doing so we missed out on Kelly. ? This then led to the horrible decision to trade early draft picks to get him back from Geelong.
Simmo should cop the blame for Rawlings appointment.

Yeah I dunno i didnt trace it through exactly - its a bit of a mess but i think we are both right - he was list manager then GM of football: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/te...s/news-story/5efbea3ed411fa9aea4293ffb420a0cc. On reflection god knows what skills Vozzo had to be GM of football given he was just a lawyer, player agent and then list manager.

In any event, the whole off field side of things has been a cluster ****.

Wasn't it Rawlings that was responsible for drafting Brander and not Oscar with our first pick and in doing so we missed out on Kelly. ? This then led to the horrible decision to trade early draft picks to get him back from Geelong.
Simmo should cop the blame for Rawlings appointment.

Simpson hired Rawlings as one of his assistant coaches, not sure why he gets the blame for his other roles.

Or are we back to saying the head coach does everything?

Might as well just blame Simmo for the Titanic sinking.
Simmo when we next win a premiership....

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back