Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Same as Bluey, at a development coach level, I don’t think the new HC is going to be too fussed. Certainly would want to bring their own senior assistants in, but if we’re serious we’ll have a far better development process than we currently do.

It would not be difficult to be better than we have been.

As much as I obviously love it...I don't think they should be making these kinds of moves until they have an actual coach in place..because what if the new coach wanted to being his own guys in? I know that would require sitting around for another month, but still..it's like list management, I wouldn't be getting rid of anyone until the new bloke comes in
Agreed it does seem a little weird if it’s Assistant.

Hmm

On Hurn coming back to the club i'm 100% for it.
We are desperate for some leadership. As good of a player Allen is and for how hard Duggan tries they both aren't really natural leaders. Having someone like Hurn around to lean on and help develop their leadership qualities and provide help with the younger brigade would be huge.

I’ve been big on Mark Stone for some time. Not really as head coach but as an assistant because he has a wealth of experience across multiple clubs

Our coaching panel becomes instantly better if he’s involved
I agree with this. Level three coach, was at Brisbane, with Ross the Boss at Freo. Has plenty of analytical ability, stoppage and defence.

I agree with this. Level three coach, was at Brisbane, with Ross the Boss at Freo. Has plenty of analytical ability, stoppage and defence.

He was with us during the Judd/Cousins/Kerr midfield era too. Kerr rated him as one of the best strategists in the game. Unfortunately, then Sydney poached him.

As for Bunga returning, don't mind that at all, tbh. Recall Simpson saying that Hurn is obsessed with the game and unlike other players, he constantly watched and analysed the game and where it was heading, etc. You would want someone like that as part of coaching/development staff.

1. Get Adrian Hickmott from Hawthorn
2. Fill the forward line with high pressure skilled smalls such as Kozzy, Liam Ryan, Champion, Noah Long, Brockman, H Reid
3. Encourage wanky celebrations / selfies / crowd shushing
4. Proft

1. Get Adrian Hickmott from Hawthorn
2. Fill the forward line with high pressure skilled smalls such as Kozzy, Liam Ryan, Champion, Noah Long, Brockman, H Reid
3. Encourage wanky celebrations / selfies / crowd shushing
4. Proft
I 100% agree with no.2

We need high pressure small forwards, the ball pings out of there with ease!

Would love a decent small fwd for each tall fwd

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listened to the Nest podcast.

They were saying how tight the info on this is. Rang the club and got nothing, said how tight the info was and they said good, no more leaks.

They mentioned there hasn’t been any progress with Montgomery since the last update.

They got confused and said Matt Clarke (list manager) has put his hand up for the job but thought he was the same person as the former ruckman and AFLW Crows coach Matt Clarke.

They suggested the Eagles have something already up their sleeve (Cox again)

All seems weird we have moved onto our development team (Bluey, Bunga) while we still don’t have a Head Coach. Hmm

Last edited:
Just listened to the Nest podcast.

They were saying how tight the info on this is. Rang the club and got nothing, said how tight the info was and they said good, no more leaks.

They mentioned there hasn’t been any progress with Montgomery since the last update.

They got confused and said Matt Clarke (list manager) has put his hand up for the job but thought he was the same person as the former ruckman and AFLW Crows coach Matt Clarke.

They suggested the Eagles have something already up their sleeve (Cox again)

All seems weird we have moved onto our development team (Bluey, Bunga) while we still don’t have a Head Coach. Hmm
Then I imagine someone's been appointed from either a finalist team, who they've appointed is on leave overseas, or they want to announce Schofield at an event or something.

Then I imagine someone's been appointed from either a finalist team, who they've appointed is on leave overseas, or they want to announce Schofield at an event or something.
Agreed. No way would we be appointing new coaches with the head coach locked in.

Could be Cox but just as likely, they've decided to go with Schofield.

Ken Hinkley…?
That’s what I was thinking.

Still to be certain on that with what’s happening at Port atm is strange and not progressing the potential candidates is weird as well.

Would be easy right now to name Schofield if it was him and would end all the negative ‘no one doesn’t want to job’ energy straight away. Understand they might want to be seen to be running the process but they mentioned it doesn’t even look likely for this bye round for any movement.

I dont mind the Hinkley appointment.

As much as he gets a bad wrap you cant say Port havent come from the depths of complete shittiness to being regularly there or around abouts.

He is an experienced hand, seems like a good father figure for a young group which we will have and knows how to develop a side.

Hinkley is the type I think would be good appointment to baseline the squad before the next coach comes in for Premiership glory. Him, or Choco, or Horse!

Ken Hinkley…?
Randomly heard this today from a customer as well.
Maybe Port got spooked when Carr's name was thrown up and something internally is stirring.

Carr told don't leave HC is yours next year, Hinkley get's wind of it and touches base with West Coast.
Got finals coming up so can't say anything.
Port go on a tear and win their last 6 to finish 2nd enhancing Hinkleys value but HC position 2025 already going to Carr.

Ahhh the rumor mill working overtime.

I dont mind the Hinkley appointment.

As much as he gets a bad wrap you cant say Port havent come from the depths of complete shittiness to being regularly there or around abouts.
This is exactly why an appointment like Hinkley or Ross would be a win for the club, as much as everyone would point and laugh at us.

Are they premiership winning coaches with insightful gameplans? F*ck no.

Can they turn garbage clubs into finals contenders? Absolutely.

If you were gonna have a "caretaker" coach who you turf out to chase someone who can take your side to a flag later on, you want these guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back