Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Like that Steven King is going to be part of the recruitment process. Has won a premiership as a player (Geelong) and as part of a coaching team (Western Bulldogs). Also, has stepped in as caretaker head coach at Gold Coast. Seems like a high quality candidate.

I don’t want Steven King, there’s already too many novels written about coaching staff in here.

I don’t want Steven King, there’s already too many novels written about coaching staff in here.

Yea but who could play the knifed coach any better? ( no don’t say him either)!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't believe for a second that the candidates who've ruled themselves out actually mean it when most of them are coaching at teams who are about to play finals. Anyone in that position who isn't shutting down media speculation and focusing on their current job right now isn't the kind of guy you'd want as a head coach anyway.

I’ve slept on Lade a bit. He has a pretty extensive career as an assistant at multiple clubs

• Richmond 2010-16, first as ruck coach but then as midfield stoppage coach
• Port Adelaide 2017-18
• St Kilda 2019-22 as senior assistant
• Bulldogs 2023-24 as midfield coach

So time under Hardwick, Hinckley, Ratten and Beveridge. The main red flag is Richmond got good after he left but on the flip side the Bulldogs midfield is well set up and that’s his line group

He’s 48 so enough experience to handle the challenges

Also working for him as a candidate, is he’s a premiership teammate of Schofield’s so there’d be the possibility of them working together as coach and senior assistant

And if he gets on with the Bulldogs forwards coach, one Matt Spangher, maybe he brings Matt over with him to replace Knights who’s departed.

If nothing else, I’m glad we’re talking to him

If they hired Corey Enright the Viccos would go full Geelong-Froth on the club for a good few years.

Kinda weird that 2007-2011 ‘Dynasty’ hasn’t actually produced a senior coach yet - especially considering how many Brisbane’s team of not that long before have pumped out.

Some have settled for inane media careers - Ling, Selwood, Mooney, Bartel (also on the GWS board I think?) - a handful of long time assistants and Tom Harley running the Sydney Swans - admittedly the perfect job for a smug prick like him.

If they hired Corey Enright the Viccos would go full Geelong-Froth on the club for a good few years.

Kinda weird that 2007-2011 ‘Dynasty’ hasn’t actually produced a senior coach yet - especially considering how many Brisbane’s team of not that long before have pumped out.

Some have settled for inane media careers - Ling, Selwood, Mooney, Bartel (also on the GWS board I think?) - a handful of long time assistants and Tom Harley running the Sydney Swans - admittedly the perfect job for a smug prick like him.
Would be a worthwhile candidate. Geelong draft well, develop player's well especially midfielder's.

Steven King for the novelist references please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve slept on Lade a bit. He has a pretty extensive career as an assistant at multiple clubs

• Richmond 2010-16, first as ruck coach but then as midfield stoppage coach
• Port Adelaide 2017-18
• St Kilda 2019-22 as senior assistant
• Bulldogs 2023-24 as midfield coach

So time under Hardwick, Hinckley, Ratten and Beveridge. The main red flag is Richmond got good after he left but on the flip side the Bulldogs midfield is well set up and that’s his line group
He is absolutely useless and we couldnt wait to see the back of Lade back in 2016
Notice all the team become better the year after he left. He has gone for every coaching job available since he arrived at Richmond and no luck anywhere

Will be a big mistake

He is absolutely useless and we couldnt wait to see the back of Lade back in 2016
Notice all the team become better the year after he left. He has gone for every coaching job available since he arrived at Richmond and no luck anywhere

Will be a big mistake

From that I’ll go back to sleeping on him then

Cheers for the feedback

Will be a big mistake

So the assistant is to blame when the team performs poorly?
Makes sense. We've been crediting Sam Mitchell with our 2018 flag on this board, so makes sense the opposite is true too.

Have you read The Stand!!

'the name's Flag..... Randell Flag'

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spoke to a saints 'insider' this week. They're nervous we will chase Enright are desperate to keep him to the point of overpaying his assistant contract value.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Listened to Harry Taylor talk a few weeks back and obviously he’s always going to be very proud of his time at Geelong. He didn’t give any indication of who the Eagles were chasing.

However I got a sense that with him being on the coaching committee that any ex Cats would be looked at glowingly.

Spoke very highly of the leadership, core values and team environment at Geelong during his time there. In fact that’s pretty much all he talked about for a good 20-30 mins.

Will be a big mistake
Good reference (not - damning actually).

Warning - don’t go near him even with a barge pole, has Sumich syndrome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back