Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Really like Enright but I reckon he is firmly in the “wrong time, wrong place” camp. Young kids, both he & his wife have businesses in VIC. He’d be hard to move, but hey, here’s hoping money talks 🤑

He is absolutely useless and we couldnt wait to see the back of Lade back in 2016
Notice all the team become better the year after he left. He has gone for every coaching job available since he arrived at Richmond and no luck anywhere

Will be a big mistake
So what you're saying is he's the perfect patsy for the next 3year rebuild.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

So the assistant is to blame when the team performs poorly?
Makes sense. We've been crediting Sam Mitchell with our 2018 flag on this board, so makes sense the opposite is true too.
Well you could say that

We got rid of lade and won 3 premierships straight after

Good chat with Cornes Healy and Duffield

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cornes is just so hard to listen to

Straight off the top he’s whining about the process dragging on too long - half the blokes we’re interested in talking to are involved with teams playing finals and quite rightly would be focusing on that first and foremost

There’s also no real imperative to get someone appointed now because the priority is to get the best coach, not the one we can appoint fastest. If that was the case Schofield would already have the job

It took Richmond 4 months to replace Dimma, Yze wasn't hired until a week after Demons season ended. Any media whinging about the process taking too long can GAGF'd for all we care. It's standard process and timing, they just want something to talk about

Schofield’s ranking is

1. King
2. Montgomery
3. Schofield
4. McQualter
5. Lade
6. Daly

Doesn’t sound like he has any inside knowledge and the above is just what he thinks

By comparison, in the audio Goroyals22 posted, Duffield rated Lade and McQualter as the most likely options

It should also be noted that in his article, Duffield said there were 8 candidates but he was only able to confirm who 6 of them were, meaning there’s at least 2 others in the mix

In short, I think the club is still 3-4 weeks off making a decision and whilst they’re getting a shortlist together I don’t think they have a favourite as such. And they’re keeping their thoughts well and truly private

Which means anyone outside the selection panel is simply guessing who it might be

Schofield’s ranking is

1. King
2. Montgomery
3. Schofield
4. McQualter
5. Lade
6. Daly

Doesn’t sound like he has any inside knowledge and the above is just what he thinks

By comparison, in the audio Goroyals22 posted, Duffield rated Lade and McQualter as the most likely options

It should also be noted that in his article, Duffield said there were 8 candidates but he was only able to confirm who 6 of them were, meaning there’s at least 2 others in the mix

In short, I think the club is still 3-4 weeks off making a decision and whilst they’re getting a shortlist together I don’t think they have a favourite as such. And they’re keeping their thoughts well and truly private

Which means anyone outside the selection panel is simply guessing who it might be

Schoey needing to check his notes to even remember where half of these guys are currently is proof that this is either a) content for content sake, or b) he’s already been told something from someone within the club…but it hasn’t filtered elsewhere in the media yet.

Wait and see, the tweet seems a lot more emphatic than the vision.

Cornes is just so hard to listen to

Straight off the top he’s whining about the process dragging on too long - half the blokes we’re interested in talking to are involved with teams playing finals and quite rightly would be focusing on that first and foremost

There’s also no real imperative to get someone appointed now because the priority is to get the best coach, not the one we can appoint fastest. If that was the case Schofield would already have the job
Cornes - They sacked the coach early to get in front of other teams?

Me : Who else is looking for a senior coach Cornes?

Cornes if the Eagles had already announced the coach hypothetical. " I don't understand the thinking? I worry for the club that they haven't run a proper process, considering a lot of the up and coming coaches are still involved in finals, Hodgy"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duffield also said that Mark Stone was one of two leading candidates for the Perth coaching job along with Stephen Armstrong

Hope that Armstrong gets it because I’m still holding out hope we can get Stone on board as an assistant, particularly if Schofield is appointed senior coach

And yes Convocation I know he’s not interested in returning to the AFL

Go hard Suma!

No doubt Souths will head back up the ladder and our usual band of anti-carrot campaigners will pretend Sumich has nothing to do with it or somehow forget to follow the WAFL.

What does anti-carrot mean?

Schoey needing to check his notes to even remember where half of these guys are currently is proof that this is either a) content for content sake, or b) he’s already been told something from someone within the club…but it hasn’t filtered elsewhere in the media yet.

Wait and see, the tweet seems a lot more emphatic than the vision.

If you go and listen to the full clip he's more emphatic after that vision cuts off.

But I'm not paying too much attention, I doubt Schofield has particularly good sources at WCE anymore for this sort of very in-house thing.

Duffield also said that Mark Stone was one of two leading candidates for the Perth coaching job along with Stephen Armstrong

Hope that Armstrong gets it because I’m still holding out hope we can get Stone on board as an assistant, particularly if Schofield is appointed senior coach

And yes Convocation I know he’s not interested in returning to the AFL
If he want to head up a wafl club then we give him the Eagles wafl job and head of development.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you go and listen to the full clip he's more emphatic after that vision cuts off.

But I'm not paying too much attention, I doubt Schofield has particularly good sources at WCE anymore for this sort of very in-house thing.

I suspect Schoey's mail would be pretty good on issues the players are involved in due to his relationships with the players.

Appointing a new coach? No chance anyone relevant to those areas would speak to Schofield about this type of club business, given his role in the media. Would be instant dismissal areas I would have thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back