Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 23 35.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The season cant come soon enough.

Everything seems great on the outside, but until they go through the process, challenge their assumptions, thoughts and digging into what makes them tick or the right fit for you.

For me the goal is to find a guy than develop a team, build on relationships, strategical nous and ruthless with standards and expectations on themselves. He isnt taking us to the promise land, his objective is building a side within 4 years that can.

The season cant come soon enough.

Everything seems great on the outside, but until they go through the process, challenge their assumptions, thoughts and digging into what makes them tick or the right fit for you.

For me the goal is to find a guy than develop a team, build on relationships, strategical nous and ruthless with standards and expectations on themselves. He isnt taking us to the promise land, his objective is building a side within 4 years that can.
Why can't he take us to a premiership. 5 seasons without finals will be plenty of time hitting the draft. Harley will be hitting his straps by that 6th season (2026) and Ginbey should be humming as well (maybe Hewett and 2024 R1 if we're lucky) . Once our midfield can compete we'll be back in the 8, as our KPP are already solid.

Teams like Freo and Hawks confirm a 5 year rebuild timeframe. That doesn't mean you're straight away playing in a GF, but it opens the next phase where you can start trading in the missing pieces. Do that for a couple of seasons and hopefully you're now in the top 4.

The next coach should be expecting to be top 4 in 4-5 seasons and going hard for a flag.

I recon people will need to consult with friends and loved ones for an "are you ok" session soon, when Ken leaves port and is rolled out as our next senior coach. It's on.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
I haven't scrolled through this thread, but I'm guessing the vibe would be anti-Hinkley. If the Hawks roll Port tonight and he gets the ar$e, we could do a lot lot worse than picking him up.

A coach with a 60% winning record is not to be sneezed at. Say what you want about his finals record, we are nowhere near playing finals, so it doesn't even matter. We can cross that bridge when we eventually get to it. What we need now is someone who can lead us out of our current hole.

I haven't scrolled through this thread, but I'm guessing the vibe would be anti-Hinkley. If the Hawks roll Port tonight and he gets the ar$e, we could do a lot lot worse than picking him up.

A coach with a 60% winning record is not to be sneezed at. Say what you want about his finals record, we are nowhere near playing finals, so it doesn't even matter. We can cross that bridge when we eventually get to it. What we need now is someone who can lead us out of our current hole.
There aren't too many coaches out there on the market that have a proven track record of building and turning around a club in significant strife.

Ken wouldn't be bad for the club in the situation it is in right now, as long as we have a ready replacement once the team is ready to challenge for finals.

There aren't too many coaches out there on the market that have a proven track record of building and turning around a club in significant strife.

Ken wouldn't be bad for the club in the situation it is in right now, as long as we have a ready replacement once the team is ready to challenge for finals.
If no one better bobbed up I’d be happy to have him rebuild…. Except he seems to be good at being unbudgeable when in so maybe not.

Why can't he take us to a premiership. 5 seasons without finals will be plenty of time hitting the draft. Harley will be hitting his straps by that 6th season (2026) and Ginbey should be humming as well (maybe Hewett and 2024 R1 if we're lucky) . Once our midfield can compete we'll be back in the 8, as our KPP are already solid.

Teams like Freo and Hawks confirm a 5 year rebuild timeframe. That doesn't mean you're straight away playing in a GF, but it opens the next phase where you can start trading in the missing pieces. Do that for a couple of seasons and hopefully you're now in the top 4.

The next coach should be expecting to be top 4 in 4-5 seasons and going hard for a flag.
Normally I would agree.

However for me, I think the next 4/5 years is just getting the foundations right. All with the view of getting to finals.

Year 6 and beyond, I believe that when we should challenge. I just think we are coming from so far behind whoever takes the gig will have a hard time of it and it will get long in the tooth.

It’s just how I read it, at the moment.

Normally I would agree.

However for me, I think the next 4/5 years is just getting the foundations right. All with the view of getting to finals.

Year 6 and beyond, I believe that when we should challenge. I just think we are coming from so far behind whoever takes the gig will have a hard time of it and it will get long in the tooth.

Seriously? 6 more years?
I would hope that's a very pessimistic forecast and 2027 we're challenging for the top 8.

Any coach we sign needs to be with the view that he's taking us to finals. None of this sacrificial lamb who's only role is to build the list and eventually make way for the coach to take us to success.

So now that the hawks are out of the finals, how soon until we get a "Sam Mitchell should apply for the West Coast job article?

The biggest thing separating us with norf are-

1. Crowd size and membership numbers
2. Coaching stability
3. Revenue
4. Players staying

If we get a david noble type coach we could legit be down on all four. It may trigger a signicant reduction the likes which we haven't faced.

The board need to understand not to listen to anti Ken extremist and think logically. Include ken in the process

Last edited:
The biggest thing separating us with norf are-

1. Crowd size and membership numbers
2. Coaching stability
3. Revenue
4. Players staying

If we get a david noble type coach we could legit be down on all four. It may trigger a signicant reduction the likes which we haven't faced.

The board need to understand not to listen to anti Ken extremist and think logically

Just one question … what are you actually on about?

Not completely on board with this "we're gonna be shit for 5 years" talk. Reckon we'll turn it around well before then.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 months ago people were calling for priority picks for the Hawks.

Predicting 5 years out is just plain stupid
Yep the season the Hawks had shows what a young, in tune, enthusiastic, creative Coach can do. The Hawks list, imo, lacks top end talent but he got them all on board and ended up within a kick of a prelim.

Sam Mitchell would be a good fit for the Eagles.
Hinckley mouthing off at a Hawks youngster would have done him no favours for his next job.
Good on you Ken, that little tosser Ginnivan got what he deserved.

Ken should have also given a serve to the hawks player that pretended his head hit the ground
to con a free kick from an "unsighted" umpire.

Normally I would agree.

Fair enough. My predictions all hinge on the assumption we get some young guys being able to perform in the midfield in season 3 and 4 of their careers and that we can trade some talent in around them. You never know how luck plays out - we've been on the tough end of it with things like concussions etc (Shep, Venables likely L Edwards).

Good on you Ken, that little tosser Ginnivan got what he deserved.

Ken should have also given a serve to the hawks player that pretended his head hit the ground
to con a free kick from an "unsighted" umpire.
I’m no fan of Ken. But for everyone in the media praising the Hawks for gobbing off, when it doesn’t go to plan, it sometimes comes with receipts. Harden up or keep your trap shut in the first place.

Look at what Nisbett and Simpson have done this once proud club. Nobody wants the head coach role that is not already at the club. Its unheard of in pro sports to struggle to get applicants for a head coaching job

Pretty hard to **** it as much as they did, but well done Nisbett and Simpson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back