You could see he was devastated when Izak walked
Dew knows enough about footy to know that was a body blow
I thought Jeffrey Ainsworth or Rosas might step up
Hasn’t happened

Sent from my

You could see he was devastated when Izak walked
Dew knows enough about footy to know that was a body blow
I thought Jeffrey
I think everyone here understands this but it cannot be overstated that Suns need good management to be successful. Hardwick only win because of the support he has around him. The leaking suggests Suns need to change out some of the management not just the coach.
Mate head office control thr club and have their agenda , have heard some shocking stories of players being told that they won't get a contract cos they are going with someone with a better backstory and set up to fail by playing them in thr reserves out of position so they can't maximise their talents. An external review is needed. Three years ago with the extra spots they chose a decathalete, a ex rugby league player and a Irishman as their rookie selections over more deserving players , none played a game

Last edited:

Mate head office control thr club and have their agenda , have heard some shocking stories of players being told that they won't get a contract cos they are going with someone with a better backstory and set up to fail by playing them in thr reserves out of position so they can't maximise their talents. An external review is needed
Last year I contacted the club by email and was informed a reply would be slow as they were busy with a forthcoming match against the Lions. The match had already been played the week before.

Never got a serious reply to my email. This is apparently indicative of how the club is run from the bottom up. Needs a broom right through the club.

Last edited:
I think everyone here understands this but it cannot be overstated that Suns need good management to be successful. Hardwick only win because of the support he has around him. The leaking suggests Suns need to change out some of the management not just the coach.
Hardwick has been around for a long time and knows exactly what he needs and what it takes to build a team and culture around him

Dimma is a premiership player at both Essendon & Port Adelaide
He is a 3 x AA player thats played 200 games
Dimma was also an assistant at Hawks when they won a flag
Dimma was appointed as Coach at Richmond in 2009 and 2010 was his 1st year and Richmond had finished 2nd last when he got the job and had Richmond playing finals in 2013 just 3 years after coming into a train wreck

GC has a top list and is far from a train wreck and primed for finals in 2024

Hardwick will know who he wants as his assistants and development coaches and will know exactly which or what type of players he needs
Its the right call and cant let a person like Dimma slip through to another club

Only one man can save us now.

Jason Sudeikis Hello GIF by Apple TV+
Beleive.jpg

Hardwick has been around for a long time and knows exactly what he needs and what it takes to build a team and culture around him

Dimma is a premiership player at both Essendon & Port Adelaide
He is a 3 x AA player thats played 200 games
Dimma was also an assistant at Hawks when they won a flag
Dimma was appointed as Coach at Richmond in 2009 and 2010 was his 1st year and Richmond had finished 2nd last when he got the job and had Richmond playing finals in 2013 just 3 years after coming into a train wreck

GC has a top list and is far from a train wreck and primed for finals in 2024

Hardwick will know who he wants as his assistants and development coaches and will know exactly which or what type of players he needs
Its the right call and cant let a person like Dimma slip through to

Don’t be so sure Hardwick knows what type of management he needs. Plus I doubt he has the power to get his people into key management roles.

A shame about Stewart Dew, it is tough coaching Gold Coast ( and GWS) when the lure of playing in front of much bigger crowds in Melbourne is always in the back of many players minds.

Don’t be so sure Hardwick knows what type of management he needs. Plus I doubt he has the power to get his people into key management roles.
Not talking about managment but more coaching and development coaching as well as some off field support staff

Management of the club should never be a coaches issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes tough ruthless decisions need to be made.
He turned the club around culture wise, and the retention issue.Including the salary cap. Gotta applaud him for that.

But when you have a WL record of 30%, not too many survive that after 6 years. In the end, you want success, and need to do the tough things to get to where you need to be.
The players initially might not be happy, but they aren't 12 year olds. They are adults who realise its a business, and this happens.

Sometimes tough ruthless decisions need to be made.
He turned the club around culture wise, and the retention issue.Including the salary cap. Gotta applaud him for that.

But when you have a WL record of 30%, not too many survive that after 6 years. In the end, you want success, and need to do the tough things to get to where you need to be.
The players initially might not be happy, but they aren't 12 year olds. They are adults who realise its a business, and this happens.

100%

He was more worried about building friendships with players rather than winning.

Plenty of recent coaches got the flick after 2-3 seasons of averageness.

He got an extra 2-3 seasons of pay

Who does Hardwick bring Player and Coach wise is very interesting

Does Dusty end his career at the Suns? Does he poach the Rioli's?

Hey guys, I've been away for a few weeks, anything exciting been happening?

Levi had a baby
One of the players is getting married
There’s a register at Pac Fair Myers
Cholly got a new phone
Rowelly found a weird new Sir Walter couch hybrid that can be used with drop in pitches
Dew was sacked

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is the chairman that the suns needed all along. As passionate as cochrane was, not sure he would have had to nerve to do what Bob did. He seems more ruthless and willing to do the not nice things to get the club where its expected to be.

This is the chairman that the suns needed all along. As passionate as cochrane was, not sure he would have had to nerve to do what Bob did. He seems more ruthless and willing to do the not nice things to get the club where its expected to be.

I posed the question when he took over as to whether he could take the tough decisions or whether he was just another figurehead
He’s answered that

I posed the question when he took over as to whether he could take the tough decisions or whether he was just another figurehead
He’s answered that

Apparently has a very good BS detector was asking a lot of uncomfortable questions shortly after arriving.
So l'm told

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Again though was he being told to play certain players??? , must win game v port and be plays Oea and Andrews (both probably not at afl standard atm) , if I was coach would have played Sexton and Burgess (as a back) to give the team a much better chance. The Suns don't operation like a normal sporting club, they are known as the Woke Coast suns by a lot of people
**** off with your agenda mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Back