News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

On Wednesday Stewart Dew will be announced as head coach. Gary Ayres will be his mentor with Dean Solomon as senior assistant coach.

Surely Caracalla at least gets to have his interview taken seriously. I can't buy into this rumour.

Having said that,if it's true I'd be thrilled.
The triumvirate of Dew/Ayres/Solomon all were "take no prisoners" types of footballers, each are a mans man in their own right and are the role models we need to take our players from being the marshmallows we currently are.

We as fans cop so much crap because of our players, we outperform GWS in terms of crowds comfortably and the corporate element and presentation of our stadium is going along fine in comparison to them.

Yet people just look beyond that and Mock us as fans, call our city a graveyard for teams (which it actually isn't but I'm not doing that history lesson now), and call us a "plastic franchise" rather than "a developing club".

And the reason is simply because our players lack a spine and maybe some footy dept deficiencies.

So a trio of Dew/Ayres/Solomon each calling upon these blokes to harden up relentlessly would be great. Because they are the only ones not holding their end up in the build of our club.

Surely Caracalla at least gets to have his interview taken seriously. I can't buy into this rumour.

Having said that,if it's true I'd be thrilled.
The triumvirate of Dew/Ayres/Solomon all were "take no prisoners" types of footballers, each are a mans man in their own right and are the role models we need to take our players from being the marshmallows we currently are.

We as fans cop so much crap because of our players, we outperform GWS in terms of crowds comfortably and the corporate element and presentation of our stadium is going along fine in comparison to them.

Yet people just look beyond that and Mock us as fans, call our city a graveyard for teams (which it actually isn't but I'm not doing that history lesson now), and call us a "plastic franchise" rather than "a developing club".

And the reason is simply because our players lack a spine and maybe some footy dept deficiencies.

So a trio of Dew/Ayres/Solomon each calling upon these blokes to harden up relentlessly would be great. Because they are the only ones not holding their end up in the build of our club.
it's too good to be true mate isn't it? I'm loathe to get my hopes up.

On Wednesday Stewart Dew will be announced as head coach. Gary Ayres will be his mentor with Dean Solomon as senior assistant coach.
mate, if you've got some sort of intel please provide proof/a source (whether it be from another board on bigfooty or a personal connection) when posting stuff like this. or if you're making shit up and taking a guess make it more obvious.

If the Suns were to appoint Stuart Dew as their next head coach it would continue the tradition of never having a Victorian as their head coach. The only club to do so, by the way.

People may not care but Dew was actually at Port when they started in the AFL in 1997 so he's seen and experienced an expansion club from inception to premiership.

Surely all initial interviews would have been completed by now even Caracella. I expect an announcement mid week next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still really annoyed we didn't extend Rocket for another year
Hardwick has shown the "sack the coach" is just a short term popularity vote winner
Hopefully the next guy is just STUpendous;)
Hardwick has taken Richmond into several final series in his tenure at the club though. We can spout on all we want about how Rocket had to fix the culture at the club, but results wise he did SFA and one more season wouldn't have changed that

The Scotts, Leppa, Vossy, Lappin, Caracella, Hart, Power
are all currently coaching for AFL teams.
I'm still amazed not one AFL team has offered Aker a coaching role.
He and Matthews were very close.
It would be great to see the Suns give him a chance.

The next coach needs to be able to capture lightning in a bottle.

Needs to be capable of inspiring and galvanizing the whole football department to believe in themselves, their team mates and change the whole game up at the Suns.

Need to start being the hunters. Need players to be a bit more like Lynch and Maysie and play on the edge, need to be unsociable, if players get suspended for going hard then so be it.

Need to get more kids like Ainsworth who have got white line fever.

The coach needs to change the whole narrative of the Suns to this point of time.

Yep, would take aker as an assistant. Not the sharpest tool in the shed but can help make AFL in Queensland relevant!

Have you spoken personally to Jason or just making an assumption

Also 12 months ago Caracella was let go by the Cats and was scrambling to get another job and was lucky that Balme had landed the job at Richmond and was cleaning house with the assistants.

I've been reliably informed that he use to fall asleep in team meetings when at the Cats - a bit too laid back for my liking

From the outside I think Dew is the one with the hard edge we need

Remove this Banner Ad

News Coaching Thread: The Hardwick Era

Remove this Banner Ad

Back