Colac & District League

Remove this Banner Ad

not really... average about 16 at training including a few unconfirmed newcomers, so best not to say too much...

I can't get to Birre more than once a week so have not had a good look but boys who were there last night are looking pretty fit for this time of year. Lots of short skills/sprint style stuff.

No training till Jan 16 now so will probably only catch a few of the boys for a beer before then.

I didn't even know Wilko had cousins ho play footy!!

not really... average about 16 at training including a few unconfirmed newcomers, so best not to say too much...

I can't get to Birre more than once a week so have not had a good look but boys who were there last night are looking pretty fit for this time of year. Lots of short skills/sprint style stuff.

No training till Jan 16 now so will probably only catch a few of the boys for a beer before then.

I didn't even know Wilko had cousins ho play footy!!
have yous lost many?

COME TO WILSTON GRANGE!! - POSITIONS VACANT for
Local, QLD or Interstate Players!! - Move to sunny Brisbane!!! Jobs, housing assistance and $$$ available!!!!!!!!!
Just send me a private message with your contact details

Rumors are true, both have been training very hard, one in particular could be like Stewart Dew. One is ex Murray League the other ex Goulburn Valley

Stewart Dew??? Perhaps he is a dynamic kick-but when he gets fit WATCHOUT! Explosive forward with tha ability to turn a game on its head. Could really take the league by the scruff of the neck

So who's looking good for 2008? Is it the usual Lorne, Irrewarra and Forrest or will someone new challenge for the flag? Anyone got any insight into the likely recruits and losses of all teams at this stage?

hard to say...
lorne look to be strong though some big bodies have retired..
forrest are spending again.
Irrewarra may have lost a few..
birre are looking better than last year, no major losses a couple of new faces..
the bay seem reasonably confident..
the other guys posting here will be able to tell you about Alvie

hard to say...
lorne look to be strong though some big bodies have retired..
forrest are spending again.
Irrewarra may have lost a few..
birre are looking better than last year, no major losses a couple of new faces..
the bay seem reasonably confident..
the other guys posting here will be able to tell you about Alvie

Sort of heard much the same Hilly. I think Lorne will be good for a while, they have a lot of good youngsters. Birre will definately improve. Forrest will be about the same. Forrest are getting a few of the old faces back from Drysdale I've heard. Not sure that will help much. Bliss has gone to Bannockburn so thats a big loss for them. Who's reportedly leaving Irrewarra? I've heard Simpson have lost a few to Moddewarre (VanderKlooster and a couple of others). Anyone else have any reports on how Alvie, eagles, Imps, South, Bay, Otway are looking?

am in the Bay every week with work and had heard that they were getting more players from Yea this year... that may have changed.

Birre started back Wednesday, I skipped Lorne and Apollo Bay for work this week so have not caught up with anyone down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles have lost their big ruckman to Belmont, I have not heard a lot about the others although Beckett from Otway was rumored to have been going to the Bay

am in the Bay every week with work and had heard that they were getting more players from Yea this year... that may have changed.

Yeah that was mentioned today on the Yarra Valley thread, although Im told several handy types from the Ballarat comp are high on the agenda

PLAYING COACH WANTED

Due to extreme circumstances Ararat Eagles, affiliated with the Lexton Plains Football League are seeking a playing coach for the 2008 season. Excellent playing and social room facilities with a young list to work with. Have been getting on average 24 players to training at the moment. For more information contact me throuogh a personal message. Closing date 8th Feb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Colac & District League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back