Colac & District League

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey there chaps, can anyone tell me how the bay are looking this year? and who they have picked up? and who will be the bench mark this year?.

Apparently have spent their budget on players from Ballarat way...

BTW word is Simpson have gone shopping in Warrnambool for players..

Berri wil be the big improvers i reckon-good coach and an impressive Jarman like recruit! Will suprise many in 08

I reckon we are definitely on the up.... heard a rumour that the recruit might have been a bit of a sniper in the past though..

Come on people lets start getting this site up and firring.:D Who has picked up quality players or who has lost quality players, who is the team to beat? my tip is the one to beat is Lorne again... Have been told that they have picked up a few handy recruits earlyier this week.:eek:

Come on people lets start getting this site up and firring.:D Who has picked up quality players or who has lost quality players, who is the team to beat? my tip is the one to beat is Lorne again... Have been told that they have picked up a few handy recruits earlyier this week.:eek:
look buddy its only early feb + devil hasnt paid us the courtesy of a visit lately which always heats things up. In my opinion warra would definately be favourites at this stage but im not saying they will win it. Saw eagles training last night and they looked dismal as expected and the standout at alvie preseason has been andrew kelly as expected also. Other than that i dont kno alot and just be patient, the board will get going once footy comes around. youll see.

Hey Fathead - Irrewarra has taken the pressure off every other club with the amount of money they have spent, well maybe not Forrest, so there will be ten other clubs having a good laugh if they fail for the third year in a row. Lorne and Alvie are also looking pretty good with the afore mentioned clubs. Imperials have lost quite a few in both senior sides so they look like being a bit down this year. I agree that Birre should be the big improvers, (am still amazed that Ken Roberts only polled five votes in the league B&F, he's a champion). Eagles don't seem to have improved much, South have picked up a few but I dont know how many have left. Simpson are said to be struggling but apparently are looking down Warrnambool way and have had a few bites. Apollo Bay, no idea. But I heard Tate was back too. Otway have lost Beckett and Judson Jennings so far but have recruited a few as well. Seem to have quanitity, not quality though. Pekin had them training for fair while now so there should be some fitness but maybe a lack of skill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Fathead - Irrewarra has taken the pressure off every other club with the amount of money they have spent, well maybe not Forrest, so there will be ten other clubs having a good laugh if they fail for the third year in a row. Lorne and Alvie are also looking pretty good with the afore mentioned clubs. Imperials have lost quite a few in both senior sides so they look like being a bit down this year. I agree that Birre should be the big improvers, (am still amazed that Ken Roberts only polled five votes in the league B&F, he's a champion). Eagles don't seem to have improved much, South have picked up a few but I dont know how many have left. Simpson are said to be struggling but apparently are looking down Warrnambool way and have had a few bites. Apollo Bay, no idea. But I heard Tate was back too. Otway have lost Beckett and Judson Jennings so far but have recruited a few as well. Seem to have quanitity, not quality though. Pekin had them training for fair while now so there should be some fitness but maybe a lack of skill.
DING DING!!!!! some one with a brain has posted on this thread. u seem to know your stuff mate keep the good work up

been told today that rossy waters has signed with apollo bay, massive signing for the club, apparently they were in need of a tough nut and thats definately what they'll get, i be a bit worried if i was opposition backman with ross streaming out behind em, ive been told hes trimmed down and will fit right into the side, only needs to tone down that temper of his, usually gets him into trouble on and off the field :eek:

been told today that rossy waters has signed with apollo bay, massive signing for the club, apparently they were in need of a tough nut and thats definately what they'll get, i be a bit worried if i was opposition backman with ross streaming out behind em, ive been told hes trimmed down and will fit right into the side, only needs to tone down that temper of his, usually gets him into trouble on and off the field :eek:

Yes thats right if you look on the transfers page he has put in two clearances, apparently he was bringing his brother bruce and cousin jesse aswell but that fell threw after bruce was called into action in iraq and jesse suffered two broken legs and a fractured skull after a nasty car accident

sounds like an 'interesting recruit'. where has he played previously?

Did Tommy Butterworth have a run at Appollo Bay tonight? Spoke to the big fella yesty he seemed keen to get down there and see how things are shaping up

alvie had an intrA club match last and the spotlight was on young chris hickey who was unluckily cut from falcons last week and he performed very well. kicked one running goal from about the wing. mammoth kick and looks to have a good set of hands also. lookout for him this year!

FYI forest have got some of the old faces back from Drysdale in Foot, Wombwell and Co. also Salta has talked a few from newcomb into joining him down there in Hill, Drought and Evans. All decent players. Who are the guys departing? We need a few players down at Newcomb. So any players reading head down to newcomb plenty of positions available.

Was looking on the transfer's page looks like a good year ahead heaps coming and going. The bay looks to be sitting well with only one clearance been put in to leave. Has anyone no of any handy pick ups in the league? ill try and scratch up some info on the new players to the league this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Colac & District League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back