Colac & District League

Remove this Banner Ad

Turtle_15 said:
and one massive brain melt... only got 2 arms remember cant dont argue everyone at the same time....

It was massive there were chances to dispose of it, but I felt I had to don't argue 5 or more people first, but i gave up and knew i was done.. was bad.. like byars missing from top of square

ablett19 said:
Have heard on the grapevine that the younger Sutherland has had a better year than the big fella this year. Any bets on who will post more votes in the BnF????

Tommy will by a long way mate has been soild in defence this year... even pushing forward kicking goals, but he is loved by the people doing the votes so he will get heaps ....

Turtle_15 said:
byars didnt u only kick 2 goals for the whole game playing behind again at full forward..... three games to go must kick at least 40 for the season if deano gets out of the way should do it easy....

thought byars played in front majority of the match... perhaps a football brain might think that if the forward is behind u kick it OVER the defenders head instead of kicking it along the ground to him... food for thought

and big bowsers brain melt was a ripper, even gave up and threw away the ball when he realised how much he'd stuffed up

Grimmett said:
What happened to the guy Hocking who started the year as the new league CEO?
Ray Hocking I think it was who took over from the lady who had run the league for years.
Ray Hocking left a message on the league Presidents phone hinting he was resigning but not actually saying. Message was on phone for three days before Pres heard it. After accepting CEO job he accepted a promotion at work which didn't leave him time to do both. Fairly disappointing after a long drawn out process to get him in the first place.

thekid178 said:
thought byars played in front majority of the match... perhaps a football brain might think that if the forward is behind u kick it OVER the defenders head instead of kicking it along the ground to him... food for thought

and big bowsers brain melt was a ripper, even gave up and threw away the ball when he realised how much he'd stuffed up

or could just stop kicking it to him at all..... it will stop all turnovers from happening... big game this week tho, against the imps hopefully we can get away with a victory to stuff up there finals campaign

A poor 2nd half cost us a chance of an upset which turn into a 10goal lost to the imps.... Beckett dominated the whole day to fast to strong for the his oppoenet and coops played one of his best game for the year strong in defence.... Derba was playing well untill he copped a head high hit in the 1st quarter which left he in a bit of trouble... but some pethedene got he back on his feet by about 6 that night... tommy had another good game in defence soild as usually... we just lacked some bigger bodies and a target forward...

Couple of big out this weekend for the otway boys losing lenny last week through injury and now hugh knola have can't play due to softness

Watched the demons and saints play on the weekend. Pretty good game. Big tomsut played well looking more like a rover than a ruckman with plenty of handball recieves and not too many big grabs standing a kick behind play. Little Stewy killed the ruckman in the last, Luis Alvarez played well off half back and Davo was solid on the ball. Big Dall was unsighted after the 1st with the flu.
As for Birre Number 2 and 3 were good.
That is all.....

Finals time in the colac and district league saw alvie being smashed by imps in the elimination final... alvie lacked pace all round the ground and were second to the contest most of the day...in the other final between irrewarra and forrest they were shown how to play footy and how to put big fair bumps on aswell by the irrewarra boys.... imps to play forrest this sunday with the loser beiing elminated from the final race and the winner to play either lorne or irrewarra depending on the results...

tip for the flag Irrewarra Beeac get on the bombers

Otway have signed a new coach (Tim Pekin) so things are looking up for the dees this season.... it will also depend on on recuits they can get hold of...

Forrest have also picked up a new coach from down in the geelong area so doubt they will be strong again...

Otway have signed a new coach (Tim Pekin) so things are looking up for the dees this season.... it will also depend on on recuits they can get hold of...

Forrest have also picked up a new coach from down in the geelong area so doubt they will be strong again...

Heard on the grapevine their could be a mass exodus from the demons before xmas. Any truth to these rumours???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

preseason will tell when teams are back on the track.

junior movements probably the biggest, how many will go to the tigers.

Senior Marcus Seecamp to Alvie maybe

Some players leaving South Colac going to imps to play with mates.

Will have to see when the office opens for clearances.

Why Seecamp to Alvie? Whats his connection out there?

Hickey still coaching isn't he, so would Seekers be a player or what?

Also heard a few from Imps leaving else where because cannot get a game in the ones..

how are grounds looking in the colac league? many grounds have access to water through bores etc.? do they anticipate having a full season, and starting on time? how many grounds wont get up?

how are grounds looking in the colac league? many grounds have access to water through bores etc.? do they anticipate having a full season, and starting on time? how many grounds wont get up?

I say they will be right... I know a lot aren't up to scratch at the moment, but I think a full season will be played and hoping for a bit more rain so all grounds can be used. CDFL is in a better position than Geelong leagues or Ballarat Leagues..

Can anyone tell me if any Ballarat boys are heading back to Otway.
A couple of them were ok, but i have since heard that most, if not all, may be leaving.... Sutherland boys going?

Interested onlooker.....

Can anyone tell me if any Ballarat boys are heading back to Otway.
A couple of them were ok, but i have since heard that most, if not all, may be leaving.... Sutherland boys going?

Interested onlooker.....

They have recruited alright.. Few blokes back from Cobden and their cousins from Ballarat area.. I think a few from Learmonth.. Not too sure.. Who knows how the team will shape up round 1...

Who's leaving south to go to imps? Which players are leaving imps? Forrest have recruited very aggresively again.

From what I have heard the players leaving south The Rhodes Boys.

One or two going to The Tigers U18's, both played seniors last season.

Leaving imps have no idea

They have recruited alright.. Few blokes back from Cobden and their cousins from Ballarat area.. I think a few from Learmonth.. Not too sure.. Who knows how the team will shape up round 1...

Pretty sure u didn't answer the question....

ARE THE SUTHERLANDS LEAVING???

Remove this Banner Ad

Colac & District League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back