Colac & District League

Remove this Banner Ad

Most clubs should be back in training so has anyone heard any player movements yet.

Boundary-Rider here is some player movements for you and there all going to Forrest, Craig Durran, Josh Rees, Grant Cameron, Tim Whishart (Barwon Heads) Simon Zele (Bell Park) Kade Diamond, Trent Swindells (went to ocean grove this year(07) and now wants too leave (Ocean Grove), Chris Carlon played down there before (St Albans) David and Brad King, Brendan Hunter (St Joeys), Austin Walker, Chris Campbell (Bannockburn), William Adams (East Geelong) and Brent Hood (Thompson).....So i would think that forrest will be strong again this year......Hope this helps you Rider....

Colac Imps : Gain from Colac U18 last season players, Rhys Tillack, Jarron Cole, Hugh Douglas handy players to gain all ex imps players.

Simpson heard they have lost a couple of players from last season

Forrest some good gets as mentioned.

Word is down the otways is Pekin is working his players very hard and should be competitive over coming season.

As I said in another post was down Colac way last week and spoke with a few locals

Alvie small gains should be there abouts
Imps get back some U18 players from Colac last year, hope they get a game
South Colac biggest issue last year was lack of height have not corrected this yet. Looks too be losing some very promising youngsters one to Cobden another to Colac, not surpising to hear this occur
Eagles same old
Apollo Bay lost several from last eyar may struggle

just what I heard

Heard Hinkley from Camperdown (Hampden league) has caused quite the storm by apparrently signing with Apollo Bay. Large figures involved too..

Anakie played South Colac in a praccy game yesterday at Colac, ground excellent, Anakie boys won the game, played well and ran the ball in numbers.

Word is the South boys looked slow, Clay Brewer played OK some younger players did alright. Coaches rotated benches played 6 quarters so all players had a decent run.

Players to show a bit for the roos, Brewer, Oborne, Marendaz,

South looks on what they showed will struggle again

Any of you folks interested in taking the cyber-field in a pretend team? :p

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314342

Regional Leagues Fantasy Footy League?

Seeking interest in players for a Regional Leagues fantasy footy comp.

This is a) not real footy and b) not pick-a-team-of-AFL-players footy. Its even lazier!

All you do is express interest, I'll do the rest via QOOTY, a crappy random aussie rules simulator I created years ago and have been trying to bring up to speed. FAQs here : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75728

I'll try to collate a league of teams that are representative of the more popular local leagues here, so I need raised hands from the posters. I won't make up any names, I won't allow any sudden new arrivals.

So either post here or PM me if you want your Bigfooty alter-ego registered for a team.

Hopefully we can turn some rivalries into some even more potent partnerships!

I'll probably aim for starting the season, say, end of next week. I MAY have to be an inflexible prick with okaying a team and treating latecomers.

For this season, hopefully the inaugural season of an ongoing league, all we need are 20 players per team. There is already a Fantasy league, more closely based on the AFL clubs, at Bigfooty, here : http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30 - its into its 7th season and has developed a bit of history! There is also another league at another footy forum site, this year with only 3 teams but had been as strong as 5 clubs in its 3 year tenure.

So get in touch if you're interested. Remember you don't have to do anything apart from dob your Bigfooty nickname in for a spot. Please tell me which club/league of regional footy you would prefer to be aligned with (please state both).

We'll see how we go. If it doesn't happen, ah well, if it happens later than I hope ... I'll still give it a burl.

Onward lads! ...

Heard Hinkley from Camperdown (Hampden league) has caused quite the storm by apparrently signing with Apollo Bay. Large figures involved too..

Can someone from Apollo Bay tell me how Tommy Butterworth went on debut?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tommy played for me when I was coaching Yea :thumbsu:

I know this is REALLY off-topic ... but has the irony of towns with the names Yea and Yarck come up much in the district?

Anyways, to make this relevant, a sibling's ex once played for a team here, for South I believe. So I've been to that ground :)

And can you CDFL bludgers have a decko at the fantasy league, the only rep from the entire Western District is a Geelong boy ... see signature for more info.

Are you a tagger by any chance Mobbenfuhrer? You've been all over me lately :p

Hehe well apart from the recruiting campaign, I am trying to keep close check on as many RL threads as possible cos it start of season or thereabouts and I want to nip any explosions in the bud before they happen :)

But yeah, I'd love to see the King Island FL merge with the Colac DFL so that from time to time we could see a Grassy-Lorne match.

how is crackers durran going down forrest way?

and also, what has edna mahoney moved onto? another coaching role or still at the club? did many leave with him (ex-newcomb guys)

Starting to wind up the recruiting period for the Regional Leagues Fantasy Footy League ... applications are drying up ... but would still love to get at least to four teams!

(69 players, 11 more to enable a fourth team!)

METRO VIC (25 players)
Diamond Valley FL (10)
1. Kickass (Div 1 / Eltham)
2. mattyr (Div 1 Bundoora)
3. Iceman27 (Div 2 / Wallan)
4. Force (Div 2 / Watsonia)
5. Bubble Wrap (Div 2 / Watsonia)
6. Giveyathemail (Div ? / Lalor)
7. Jewelsandbullet (Div ? / Montmorency)
8. Dv_Worm (Div ? / Coburg Amateurs)
9. rompermfc (Div 2 / Macleod)
10. ifyoucandodgeawrench

VFL & VAFA (Vic) (7)
1. can't mark can't kick (VAFA / D1)
2. harper (VAFA / D2 / South Melbourne Districts)
3. youngblood (VAFA / D2 / Aquinas)
4. The Tigers Nuts (VAFA / D3 / Old Westbourne)
5. the lemon wedge (Port Melbourne / VFL)
6. Joe Dirt (VAFA / A Grade)
7. FitzroyRamone (VAFA / C Grade / Fitzroy Reds)

Essendon DFL (5)
1. Subway (Essendon DFL)
2. colgate (Essendon DFL / Strathmore)
3. coreybrown (Essendon DFL)
4. litening (Essendon DFL / Airport West)
5. oldfashiondefender (Essendon DFL)

Western Region FL (3)
1. Gemini17 (WRFL Div 2)
2. Blueboy16 (WRFL Div 2)
3. thesilkmeister (Western Region FL)
x. the lemon wedge (WRFL Div 1 / Port Colts) - VFL / Port Melbourne (Bigfooty RL FFL)

WEST MELB & WEST VIC (20 players)
Riddell DFL (4)
1. billylid (Riddell DFL)
2. Itsmyshow (Riddell DFL)
3. Trublueroo (Riddell DFL)
4. Bluecrew #2 (Riddell DFL)

Western, Mallee, Wimmera (9)
1. Bakers_Patrons (North Central FL / Wycheproof-Narraport)
2. Centre Sqaure (North Central FL / Wycheproof-Narraport)
3. clifton's lookalike (Central Murray FL / Tyntynder)
4. Whispers (Geelong FL)
5. The Prawn (Millewa FL)
6. MasterOfROC (North Central FL / St Arnaud)
7. ALWHTE (Mininera & DFL)
8. theopacman (Western Border FL / Hamilton Imperials)
9. sheep dogger (Geelong FL)

Bendigo FL / Loddon Valley FL (7)
1. gerta (Loddon Valley FL)
2. A_JET8 (Bendigo FL)
3. Norfolk & Clew (Bendigo FL / Golden Square)
4. max powers. (Bendigo FL)
5. The fatman (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
6. davis 24 (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
7. Courageunderfire (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
x. caveman (Bendigo FL / Kangaroo Flat) - Roys FC (Sweet FA)
x. maroon and blue (Bendigo FL / Eaglehawk) - Roys FC (Sweet FA)

EASTERN MELB, EASTERN VIC & OUTSIDE VIC (24 players)
Northern, North-Eastern, Eastern & Gippsland regions (15)
1. FOOTYBOSS (Goulburn Valley FL)
2. Johnny Tapp (Goulburn Valley FL)
3. Zippa (Goulburn Valley FL)
4. Joeyboy (Kyabram DFL)
5. VT#23 (Kyabram DFL / Violet Town)
6. sparra (Kyabram DFL)
7. The Iceman #49 (Kyabram DFL / Violet Town)
8. iwantanotherflag (Picola & DFL / Katandra)
9. Slush Puppy (Kyabram DFL)
10. Darc21 (Ovens & Murray FL / Wangaratta Rovers)
11. goodies (Ellinbank DFL)
12. Marto121 (Picola & DFL)
13. slugga (YVMDFL)
14. MadMan V1.2 (Southern FL / Div 3 / Skye)
15. More Than A Game (Tallangatta DFL)
x. Pie4Life (MPNFL) - Dragons (Sweet FA)
x. OldMav (MPNFL) - Bigfooty Bombers (Sweet FA)
x. Frankston Rover (MPNFL) - Frankston Sharks (Sweet FA)
x. diablo14 - (MPNFL) Frankston Sharks (Sweet FA)

Outside Victoria (9)
1. Bella Buffalo (South Africa)
2. cckid (Ontario AFL / Canada)
3. roorat (Northern Tasmanian FA / Deloraine)
4. bakerman (Tasmania / Southern FL / Premier / Kingborough)
5. head67 (Riverina FL)
6. morphous (Queensland)
7. SJM41 (Queensland / ? FL / Redland)
8. Injury prone (WAFL / Perth)
9. billybrownless16 (Tasmania / Southern FL / Premier / Lauderdale)
x.Ljp86 (WAFL / Subiaco) - Dragons FC (Sweet FA)

Note : Players numbered x. are players who are only available under permit. They do not count amongst the 20 players required for a team, as if they are unavailable just one week, then that team will be unable to field a full contingent. The team's for which these players are primarily registered, are listed alongside the players' names.[/QUOTE]

any in's and outs around the league this week? predictions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Colac & District League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back