Colac & District League

Remove this Banner Ad

tomsut_69 said:
Byars has rarely played a good uni game, he was still in uni game mode on the wknd which cost, he did try a baulk turned into a don't argue, into a oh F*&K i'm gone.

It remindered me alot of the Allan Donald incident in the 1999 world cup i.e brain melt

Watched some local games last weekend had to be up that way. Called into Carlisle watched Tom Sut play. He seemed to have a good game in very slippery conditions.

Impressed by some young players both teams. Kahn Beckett played well wonder if he would try asgain for geelong VFL with a view to seniors.

Young kid played on him did well also say him play os tom sut brother stewie. He stood up well to some big bodies and kept his feet this was no easy feat considering the ground.

Otway played against a very young side and they did well just the conditions did not allow them to use the skills and leg speed they had.

Anyone know about these young kids form both sides.

Will be back in the area watching in a few weeks.

Some major upsets this weekend.

Otway got up over Apollo Bay at the Bay!!!!!!!

Imps beat Forrest..

Western Eagles even had their first win of the season over South.

Turtle_15 said:
Dal gone cold along with coops ......

never underestimate the byars... 3 goals, 1 on the left, one on the right, one off the deck, and the might otway beat the bay for the first time since they've been in the cdfl

thekid178 said:
never underestimate the byars... 3 goals, 1 on the left, one on the right, one off the deck, and the might otway beat the bay for the first time since they've been in the cdfl

Dallas dallas dallas u have a short memory i think, u were lucky to kick 3 goals playing behind all day and u do tend to forget the midfield which got the ball in the that square where u don't come out of very often.

tomsut_69 said:
Some major upsets this weekend.

Otway got up over Apollo Bay at the Bay!!!!!!!

Imps beat Forrest..

Western Eagles even had their first win of the season over South.
Tomsut are you the big fella who clocked in for one game with Ballan in the CHFL early in the year?

tomsut_69 said:
Yeah mate.. Was thinking bout playing there.. but ended up staying at home..
Bit unusual to go somewhere for one game and then leave again? What was the go there, understand if you don't want to go into it, just curious thats all. I was there that day and was pretty impressed with your game, 2nd half especially, have seen Ballan a few times since and reckon all they lack is 1 or 2 tall defenders, and you fit the bill. Spoke to a coach of one of the teams in top 3 and he reckons Ballan are the best side in it, I would not quite go that far, what did you think during your short stint? What is Scotty like? Heard he can be a bit prickly, but very loyal to blokes who put in for him.

Only played a 2nd half, the other half was terrible.. Yeah I thought they were a great bunch of blokes with a good work ethic, but your right prob missing 2 talls to help out. I had a bit to do with Scotty leading up to and after it, he was really professional the whole time, can understand why some people may say his prickly, but I think his just got a vision with what he can do with that team, heaps of potential there.

tomsut_69 said:
Only played a 2nd half, the other half was terrible.. Yeah I thought they were a great bunch of blokes with a good work ethic, but your right prob missing 2 talls to help out. I had a bit to do with Scotty leading up to and after it, he was really professional the whole time, can understand why some people may say his prickly, but I think his just got a vision with what he can do with that team, heaps of potential there.

Correct didnt play well at all and i am sure ablett19 could back me up in saying it was one of the worst games we have seen u play...

Turtle_15 said:
Correct didnt play well at all and i am sure ablett19 could back me up in saying it was one of the worst games we have seen u play...
Mmm, I suspect that may be some friendly sniping, but if it was one of his worst I wouldnt mind seeing one of his best. Be a good watch I'd say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ryang said:
Mmm, I suspect that may be some friendly sniping, but if it was one of his worst I wouldnt mind seeing one of his best. Be a good watch I'd say.
so who do u play for or follow around the area?

Turtle_15 said:
so who do u play for or follow around the area?
Moved to Ballarat a few years ago from Warrnambool area, try to catch a BFL and CHFL game every weekend - know a few blokes from some of the clubs. Occasionally have a look at a game in Geelong. Great atmosphere at Central Highlands games, - feels like you're in a time warp at some clubs.

after talking himself up for the last two weeks about how well he played in the apollo bay game it will be interesting to see if the kid (byars) gets a kick against the eagles this week...

Grimmett said:
What happened to the guy Hocking who started the year as the new league CEO?
Ray Hocking I think it was who took over from the lady who had run the league for years.

Not too sure Grimmett, He was only in office for a short time then found another job, haven't heard too much really about that.

really wouldn't want Tom Sutherland playing on me this weekend! Has had a big 2 weeks in training and looks to be moving well! the week off gave him time to freshen up and he will be charging into the finals full steam ahead!

Rat_attack said:
really wouldn't want Tom Sutherland playing on me this weekend! Has had a big 2 weeks in training and looks to be moving well! the week off gave him time to freshen up and he will be charging into the finals full steam ahead!

Aswell as a bison can rat attack..

solid if unattractive win by otway today over the eagles... an uninspiring game. beckett again good, perkins excellent, and tom sutherland managed to kick 3 goals in junk time when it didn't really matter...

i threw out a warning to the league about tom sutherland and how good he was traveling with the week off and he didn't let me down! 3 goals from full back 8 spoils and 7tackles, would have to be happy with his day out!~

thekid178 said:
solid if unattractive win by otway today over the eagles... an uninspiring game. beckett again good, perkins excellent, and tom sutherland managed to kick 3 goals in junk time when it didn't really matter...
byars didnt u only kick 2 goals for the whole game playing behind again at full forward..... three games to go must kick at least 40 for the season if deano gets out of the way should do it easy....

Rat_attack said:
i threw out a warning to the league about tom sutherland and how good he was traveling with the week off and he didn't let me down! 3 goals from full back 8 spoils and 7tackles, would have to be happy with his day out!~

and one massive brain melt... only got 2 arms remember cant dont argue everyone at the same time....

Have heard on the grapevine that the younger Sutherland has had a better year than the big fella this year. Any bets on who will post more votes in the BnF????

Remove this Banner Ad

Colac & District League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back