Colin Sylvia - best individual performance of the decade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's some more AFL players with girl's names:

Brett Allison

Dean Bailey

Phi Carman

Leon Daphne (former Tiger President)

Craig Kimberly (former Swans President)

Shane Ellen

Paul Kelly

Martin Leslie

Austin Lucy

Jack Regan, the Prince Of Full Backs

Bobby Rose

Brian Taylor

This could be a great poll thread.

Well we play the first placed Saints this weekend, so once he tears them to shreds nobody will be able to say a bad thing about him.

Spot on. I'm going to the GC just to see Sir Colin go about it.

Well, fatty Hodge is a frontrunner.

He just went along for that ride, similar to Grand Final day.

Sylvia almost won the game for his team after they were down 55 points.

Enough said.

Perhaps in his own mind.

Hawks could have played another 5 minutes of football with the foot on the gas and kicked another 3 goals of course.

I think they took pity on your poor rabble.

HAHAHAHA

i don't know whether Hird's game vs. WCE (yes you all would remember it) with 15 last quarter disposals and several goals was enough to be classified as the game of the decade but it sure does beat the shit out of demon performance of the last 10 years.

as would hird's 2003 Anzac Day game ... 5 goals (4 of them snaps at goal, as far as i can recall).

I guess Sylvia had to lift when he realised Junktime Robbo wasn't going to get it done.

And nice to see the 10 man backline deployed with the ball still in your own forward line. Do Melbourne players get paid by the fantasy points they accumulate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sylvias game in the weekend was a sight to behold. He almost single handedly willed the Demons to a monumental come from behind victory in the best display from a player that I can remember, at least for this decade.

His first half was glorious, but it was his scinitillating third quarter that made the footy world sit up and take notice. Ands he went on with it in the last, continually setting up playing with his glorious disposal and gut running.

37 damaging possessions, 4 goals. He would have kicked 6 or 7 if not for Russell Robertson screwing him over.

The result of Sylvias brilliance was that the Hawks, who thougt they had the game won, resorted to chipping the ball around for the last 8 minutes of the game in what can only be described as a gutless dfisplay. It drew boos from fans of both sides, and signalled for sure that the Hawks 2008 flag should have an asterisk next to it. Luck, and nothing else. I doubt the make the 8 this year.

Only one other player in the AFL is capable of having the sort of game that Sylvia had on the weekend, and that is Ablett Jnr. But even then, he will have too many handballs and wont be as damaging.

Make no mistake, Colin 'The Kid' Sylvia has arrived.

And the game of Aussie rules will be better for it.

Urgh! :thumbsdown:

I remember when Denis Cometti first starting commentating for Channel 7.

He said, "Tony Free... kicks the ball to David Honybun... he'd have to be a good footballer with a name like that... has a shot at goal... and just misses to the near side..."

Lol i never watched him play cause im young but apparently he wasnt bad for RIchmond and Carlton.

Is he the only individual to play AFL and have the first name of a man and the last name of a woman?

Made me laugh !! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

No doubt he played a handy game, but we were terrible for a half and still walked it in.

With GC destroying the draft over the next few years, you guys are going nowhere and from all reports, your number one star Watts got flogged in the reserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Colin Sylvia - best individual performance of the decade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back