Colin Sylvia - best individual performance of the decade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Made me laugh !! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

No doubt he played a handy game, but we were terrible for a half and still walked it in.

With GC destroying the draft over the next few years, you guys are going nowhere and from all reports, your number one star Watts got flogged in the reserves.

Yeah, and what did Roughead do in his first two years of AFL? Very little. yes.

Gary Ayres is a w***er. :)

Made me laugh !! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

No doubt he played a handy game, but we were terrible for a half and still walked it in.

With GC destroying the draft over the next few years, you guys are going nowhere and from all reports, your number one star Watts got flogged in the reserves.

23 touches playing up the ground. You didn't read anything, did you?

Are you honestly that beleaguered that you're now even too timid to run with a decently ridiculous troll on Bay 13?!
:(

Sorry mate, normal service has been resumed.

Watts is already better than Dowler and Thorpe combinec.

yeah, we will suck in a few years with Watts, Sylvia, Mclean, Grimes, Jones, Bennell, Frawley, Morton, Maric, Garland, Woneamirri, Martin, Cheney, Scully and Butcher all on board and firing.

Poor Demons.

Once we take pick 1 and 2 this year, we wont need any more high picks. Our list will be stacked with talent, and it wouldnt surprise me if we made Top 4 in 2010.

Buckley's 30 odd touches and 6 goals against the Lions in 06 was nice. Dragged us over the line in a come from behind win, where our players were dropping like flies.

The result of Sylvias brilliance was that the Hawks, who thougt they had the game won, resorted to chipping the ball around for the last 8 minutes of the game in what can only be described as a gutless dfisplay. It drew boos from fans of both sides, and signalled for sure that the Hawks 2008 flag should have an asterisk next to it. Luck, and nothing else. I doubt the make the 8 this year.

I was cheering every minute of it.
Zoning/flooding/putting numbers behind the ball is a luxury tactic that can only be useful when there is a contest.

It's pretty simple isn't it? If we're 5 goals up in the last quarter it's your responsibility to man up our team. We didn't need to kick any more goals. You needed to kick the goals so it was up to you to come and get the ball off us.

No point responding to anything else you said.

People are underselling Silvia's performance on the weekend a bit in here. It was the best game I've seen from any player. Ever.

Now Melbourne are the best club in the league ever, simply by being associated with the great man.

Isn't it funny because from all reports you guys put out Schoenmakers to heavily tag Watts from the first bounce.

All that in his second game of VFL - it just shows the fear that opposition coaches have.

Well, fatty Hodge is a frontrunner.

He just went along for that ride, similar to Grand Final day.

Sylvia almost won the game for his team after they were down 55 points.

Enough said.

yeah hodge winning a norm smith is NOTHING compared to sylvia (not really) NEARLLY winning a game

yeah, we will suck in a few years with Watts, Sylvia, Mclean, Grimes, Jones, Bennell, Frawley, Morton, Maric, Garland, Woneamirri, Martin, Cheney, Scully and Butcher all on board and firing.

Poor Demons.

Once we take pick 1 and 2 this year, we wont need any more high picks. Our list will be stacked with talent, and it wouldnt surprise me if we made Top 4 in 2010.

had to ruin it didnt u

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collins-Langford-Ayres, where are you?

He probably can't be bothered - when your team is 50 points down and the game is won, you shouldn't be too surprised if some of your players don't get paid much respect and rack up a few junk possessions.

Sylvia obviously does well when the pressure's off.

He probably can't be bothered - when your team is 50 points down and the game is won, you shouldn't be too surprised if some of your players don't get paid much respect and rack up a few junk possessions.

Sylvia obviously does well when the pressure's off.
Yeah, he only had 20 posessions til half time last week in your so called 'greatest half of 2009'.

Sylvias game in the weekend was a sight to behold. He almost single handedly willed the Demons to a monumental come from behind victory in the best display from a player that I can remember, at least for this decade.

His first half was glorious, but it was his scinitillating third quarter that made the footy world sit up and take notice. Ands he went on with it in the last, continually setting up playing with his glorious disposal and gut running.

37 damaging possessions, 4 goals. He would have kicked 6 or 7 if not for Russell Robertson screwing him over.

The result of Sylvias brilliance was that the Hawks, who thougt they had the game won, resorted to chipping the ball around for the last 8 minutes of the game in what can only be described as a gutless dfisplay. It drew boos from fans of both sides, and signalled for sure that the Hawks 2008 flag should have an asterisk next to it. Luck, and nothing else. I doubt the make the 8 this year.

Only one other player in the AFL is capable of having the sort of game that Sylvia had on the weekend, and that is Ablett Jnr. But even then, he will have too many handballs and wont be as damaging.

Make no mistake, Colin 'The Kid' Sylvia has arrived.

And the game of Aussie rules will be better for it.

And just another 32 possies, 11 marks and 3 goals today for Sylvia.
His last month of footy is the best of any player in recent memory.

You'd have to go back to Wayne Carey at his peak to see anything comparable.

Spellbinding.

demonscoming.jpg

Spellbinding.

I'd have to agree with that. Has been the best performed player in the league over the last 4 weeks. :thumbsu:

Carey like is pushing it a bit. ;)

It's about time that he started showing his class though. Remember wanting Carlton to draft him and being disapointed when we didn't. But after showing only glimpses in his first few years, I was glad we didn't.
Good to see him finally fullfilling the potential I always thought he had.

Spellbinding.

Being "brilliant" whilst your team is smashed ain't that brilliant.

You don't get paid proper respect when your team is being whipped. Wait until (if it happens) Melbourne are worth opponents caring about and then measure his worth.

Being "brilliant" whilst your team is smashed ain't that brilliant.

You don't get paid proper respect when your team is being whipped. Wait until (if it happens) Melbourne are worth opponents caring about and then measure his worth.
Err, it's harder to have good games like that when your team is getting smashed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Colin Sylvia - best individual performance of the decade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back