Colin Sylvia - best individual performance of the decade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Its easier to stand out if you are one of the very few good players in your team.

Your point being? I don't think any sane person amongst our supporters would say many of our guys performed well yesterday.

However, in the category of bleeding obvious statements, there is a REASON we nearly beat the Bulldogs (whereas they did over your mob by 8 goals last time out) and a reason why we are far more competitive on the field than last year. A reason why, for instance, we got a fair bit closer against Geelong than you have as well.

Its pretty sad when all you can brag about are the performances of Colin Sylvia.

It's pretty sad when someone's so desperate to talk us down that as soon as we have a loss of any great size, they're frothing at the mouth about how our club's on the verge of dying. You have no credibility whatsoever... :rolleyes:

PS- Bet he doesn't even know any other players in our squad, let alone what kind of ability they have. Oh well...

It's pretty sad when someone's so desperate to talk us down that as soon as we have a loss of any great size, they're frothing at the mouth about how our club's on the verge of dying. You have no credibility whatsoever... :rolleyes:

Your club just has old guys who give you nothing on a regular basis. Im not putting you down. Some of your young players are quite good. Some of your midfielders are good also. too many passengers let you down and its probably why your not consistently competitive.

Your club just has old guys who give you nothing on a regular basis. Im not putting you down. Some of your young players are quite good. Some of your midfielders are good also. too many passengers let you down and its probably why your not consistently competitive.

Don't worry Lance, that quote from me wasn't directed at you. I don't make generalisations about a club's fans because of one drongo mate.

Thing is though, we have been essentially competitive every match this year, until yesterday. That's what was particularly disappointing.

Don't worry Lance, that wasn't directed at you. I don't make generalisations about a club's fans because of one drongo mate.

Thing is though, we have been competitive pretty much every match until yesterday. That's what was particularly disappointing.

Collingwood also had a younger side out there yesterday which is why I like Malthouse as a coach cause he is good with the development but I think yesterday

Green
Bruce
Whelen
McDonald
Robertson
Rivers
Jamar

We're off the ball for the periods I saw.

Grimes will be a gun. Maric looked ok. Colin, Beama and Brocky tried hard all day but just nothing up forward.

I'd certainly agree with you about McDonald, Rivers and Whelan yesterday. Green and Bruce were a bit sub-par too I think. But Jamar was good value for us I thought - we won the hitouts comprehensively, and he takes the credit for that.

Robbo I thought was alright as well, but not great.

Good call about Grimes, Brock, Beamer, Maric & Col. And I'd add Cheney to that list as well, I thought he was solid throughout, except for a couple of clangers.

Also Jones was decent in the middle I thought. and Davey was his usual self too. Bate did alright with the little service he got inside 50.

But apart from that, it was like our guys got zapped before they came out yesterday...

So he was drafted at #3 in the 2003 draft, and is only now playing well?

Quality player..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Colin Sylvia - best individual performance of the decade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back