Club Focus Collingwood 2021 - Kreuger, Lipinski, Daicos, Murley, Harrison

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's highly likely Geelong send a pick over with Kreuger for a future selection. Could take a number of different forms but will value Kreuger at a bit higher than he would be otherwise in exchange for solving the Daicos problem.
I don't see the Pies having much of a points issue. One scenario could be as simple as: Cox to GCS for picks 55, 58 and 66 (GCS have already stated that they aren't going to use these picks) - Pick 55 more than covers the shortfall if Daicos gets picked at 3, Pick 58 to the Doggies for Lipinski and Pick 66 to the Cats - Pies clear 4 list positions to cater for the Daicos picks and possibly one more for Dib who they will get for nothing as long as a pick doesn't come in before 43.

Looks like North won't bid on Daicos and they now feel JGH is clearly the #1 pick. Good news for the Pies.
We feel it's not fair he loses 10K as one of the reasons.

Sure is.

Giving us the Best Players in the Draft for Cheaper

Delist? Or have 8 spots available?

They dont need to delist 8, they need to wait until after draft night to recontract them.

That can be done but the uncontracted player takes a bit of a risk by not exploring a trade.

The first list lodgement is before the draft so for example if you want to use (for drafting or bid matching) 6 picks then you cant have more than 32 senior listed players before the draft. Each one that you do have over that you lose one of your draft picks.

Is that a fact? Or sort of a guess.
Tigers also have a few unsigned "limbo" players. I wonder if this is actually a new strategy to allow taking more picks to the draft. Tigers don't need them to match points, but would be nice to have the currency to live trade to others on the night and put more in the bank for 2022.

Read it 3in the article on Foxsports.

If they are correct then its fact. I didnt know about it until reading the article.

Looks like North won't bid on Daicos and they now feel JGH is clearly the #1 pick. Good news for the Pies.
If this is true, he will probably slide to pick 3 or even pick 4, as GWS stated they are unlikely to bid, and if they were to bid it'd be on Darcy.

Would we have enough points as it is if Daicos gets bid on at pick 3?

The first list lodgement is before the draft so for example if you want to use (for drafting or bid matching) 6 picks then you cant have more than 32 senior listed players before the draft. Each one that you do have over that you lose one of your draft picks.
So, can you tell me clearly how it can work.
Eg, currently have 3 uncontracted players on the list, plus 3 list spots due to retiring/delisting, etc.
You can go to the draft with 6 picks.
If you use only 3 picks, can you then just re-sign your uncontracted players some time after the draft? When would this need to happen?
Are those uncontracted players able to nominate for the draft if they are unsure about it?

What if despite best intentions, a club drafts a fourth player and so can't re-sign all their uncontracted players. Do they have to just go pre-season draft or supplementary selection?

I guess I'm really trying to work out the difference between uncontracted and delisted

If this is true, he will probably slide to pick 3 or even pick 4, as GWS stated they are unlikely to bid, and if they were to bid it'd be on Darcy.

Would we have enough points as it is if Daicos gets bid on at pick 3?
You pretty much have enough now for a bid @3 or 4.

On exposed senior form JHF is that doesn't mean that Daicos won't be better. Good news for you boys.
We have done well out of the pies recently.
No point being nasty here.
Its very unlikely to have any effect on our picks.

On exposed senior form JHF is that doesn't mean that Daicos won't be better. Good news for you boys.

Vic Kids Normally don't play Senior Footy but still get Picked Higher then some kids from SA/WA that do play Senior Footy

Vic Kids Normally don't play Senior Footy but still get Picked Higher then some kids from SA/WA that do play Senior Footy
You seem to want to convince us to bid on Daicos.
Odd.
North have never bid on a top 10 Father Son.
I doubt we start this year.

The Pies will be a little bit short if Daicos goes at 3 - They'll need 1787 points and they've currently got 1594, so, without any additional picks/upgrades, they'll take a points deficit of 193 points into 2022 and this will be deducted off their 2022 first round pick - say Collingwood finish 18th next year, then, as explained to me on this forum recently, their 2022 first round pick will be 3000 (draft pick 1) less 193 points deficit = 2807 points - as this is higher than the Pick 2 points (2517 points) then there's no damage - Pies deficit is wiped and they get to keep pick 1. Same deal if they finish 17th or 16th - they'd only lose 2022 draft position if they finished 15th or higher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TD Horne's prelim was special and deserves the number 1 mantle as far as North is concerned and I suppose that is all that matters. Again good news for you lot. D.Wells went #2 I don't think North suffered from that. Was an absolute star for us anyways.

He will go pick 2. Currently need 420 points to match. Trade cox or lynch to once of the QLD clubs for a pick in the 50's that they're not going to use anyway. Still about 200 points away.....

Offer a future 3rd or pick 48 for lipinski..... dogs can take their pick. Future 3rd likely to be a better pick than 48 but they need points this year for darcy. at worst, 500 points away.

Offer future 2nd and future 4th for geelong for pick 30 and krueger. Either 120 points (5 list spots required) or 420 points (6 lift spots required) leftover.

Lipinski and krueger come into list spots vacated by Mayne and Greenwood. I leave it with the pies supporters to delist 5 or 6 others to come up with the list spots.... might need to delist a few with the promise of redrafting them late.

The Pies will be a little bit short if Daicos goes at 3 - They'll need 1787 points and they've currently got 1594, so, without any additional picks/upgrades, they'll take a points deficit of 193 points into 2022 and this will be deducted off their 2022 first round pick - say Collingwood finish 18th next year, then, as explained to me on this forum recently, their 2022 first round pick will be 3000 (draft pick 1) less 193 points deficit = 2807 points - as this is higher than the Pick 2 points (2517 points) then there's no damage - Pies deficit is wiped and they get to keep pick 1. Same deal if they finish 17th or 16th - they'd only lose 2022 draft position if they finished 15th or higher.
1633252944312.png
If your deficit is 200 points
and you finish last you still get pick 1. 3000-200=2800 > 2517
and you finish first your pick drops from 18 to 24th. 985-200=785
The higher you finish on the ladder the worse it becomes.
The dogs are in much more danger than you guys.

Last edited:
Is this report coming out of North ?
Even if North have JGH as their number one rated player they should still bid on Daicos knowing Pies will match
Will still end up with JGH if that is their choice
Why give the Pies an easier path to Daicos
Pies put themselves in this position they don't deserve any favors especially from the bottom team
North will just be putting more unneeded pressure on JGH by taking him at pick 1
It is hard enough for pick 1 to play in a bottom team.
Pick 2 gets far less scrutiny especially in Melbourne

View attachment 1252168
and you finish last you still get pick 1. 3000-200=2800 > 2517
and you finish first your pick drops from 18 to 24th. 985-200=785
The higher you finish on the ladder the worse it becomes.
The dogs are in much more danger than you guys.
Agree, there's a thread on that a little earlier

TD Horne's prelim was special and deserves the number 1 mantle as far as North is concerned and I suppose that is all that matters. Again good news for you lot. D.Wells went #2 I don't think North suffered from that. Was an absolute star for us anyways.

True. Where they go in the Draft has not much on how good of a AFL Footballer they will be

He will go pick 2. Currently need 420 points to match. Trade cox or lynch to once of the QLD clubs for a pick in the 50's that they're not going to use anyway. Still about 200 points away.....

Offer a future 3rd or pick 48 for lipinski..... dogs can take their pick. Future 3rd likely to be a better pick than 48 but they need points this year for darcy. at worst, 500 points away.

Offer future 2nd and future 4th for geelong for pick 30 and krueger. Either 120 points (5 list spots required) or 420 points (6 lift spots required) leftover.

Lipinski and krueger come into list spots vacated by Mayne and Greenwood. I leave it with the pies supporters to delist 5 or 6 others to come up with the list spots.... might need to delist a few with the promise of redrafting them late.

If he doesn't go pick 1, then he definitely won't go pick 2. GWS have basically confirmed they'd bid on Darcy over Daicos, if they even bid on Daicos at all.

If he doesn't go pick 1, then he definitely won't go pick 2. GWS have basically confirmed they'd bid on Darcy over Daicos, if they even bid on Daicos at all.
That is the same rumour I've heard.
Your doing well if it falls that way.
I doubt Collingwood going into deficit helps GWS.
The Dogs might if GWS finish just above them.

That is the same rumour I've heard.
Your doing well if it falls that way.
I doubt Collingwood going into deficit helps GWS.
The Dogs might if GWS finish just above them.
Thanking the stars there was no championships for vic kids, the rumours could have ended up much different. I don't care where he lands, 1, 3 or 5. Just a number after all. The less points needed the better.

No matter what people think,clubs don't bid just to screw other clubs -- clubs have long memories and don't forget. Lets all remember Tom Green, touted as a top 3 pick didn't even get bid on til pick 9/10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Collingwood 2021 - Kreuger, Lipinski, Daicos, Murley, Harrison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back