Rumour Collingwood FC Selling Home Games

Remove this Banner Ad

The irony of it for me would be that he probably got Carlton into their deal there as president in order to save them. Talk about conflict of interest CEO of Marvel and president of Carlton at the same time…

FWIW I agree that everything is negotiable, at the right price. The problem is without a serious pitch from Collingwood on it growing the game up there if I’m running a cost benefit analysis at AFL house on this exercise I’d have it Carlton and Essendon at the G > Collingwood on the GC > St Kilda at the G. That has us 5th in line for games moved from Marvel.
Maybe try some capology after your cost benefit analysis is complete?

Yuhuh given I know where you get your knowledge from and that you have no more than me perhaps we call it square on this tit for tat?
Where I get my knowledge? All I know what anyone knows - when the stadium owner is the same body that sets the fixtures, changes are pretty simple.

Anything more than that is you jumping at shadows finance boy. Accounts payable?

I’d be all for selling a docklands game but to a neutral venue eg Newcastle vs Giants

Feasibly losing no advantage playing a home game vs Giants there

And spreading the gospel that is AFL in the process

To this end.. NZ is the other option.

Basket case Saints stopped playing there partially cause they feared it would lead to eventual relocation

Pies don’t have that fear and could really help spread the code

Whilst rugby mad… every kiwi I’ve known who moves here ends up liking AFL too

You stick to law I’ll stick to finance 👍

We’re both clearly more knowledgeable in our own fields than the other.
Sco - if you knew what area of law he used to practice in and if you knew what he does now for a living I think you’d be pretty embarrassed by your statement/assumption.

For the record, that is the first and last time I say anything nice about sideswipe.

Otherwise, I agree with everyone who thinks he’s a giant campaigner.

I was a little aghast at the idea initially.
Now that I’ve officially missed all 3 games there this year, (first time I’ve ever voluntarily done it) it’s not so bad.

You stick to law I’ll stick to finance 👍

We’re both clearly more knowledgeable in our own fields than the other.

Nup

sideswipe ‘s heart was too black even for Law

Avaricious mofo has been a financier for 20 years

IlovethePies wants to be his work experience kid

FWIW I agree that everything is negotiable, at the right price. The problem is without a serious pitch from Collingwood on it growing the game up there if I’m running a cost benefit analysis at AFL house on this exercise I’d have it Carlton and Essendon at the G > Collingwood on the GC > St Kilda at the G. That has us 5th in line for games moved from Marvel.

What cost benefit did you put on competitive balance?

It’s the AFL’s competitive balance review that is driving this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Collingwood FC Selling Home Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back